Unsecured Servers To Avoid

_King_In_Yellow_'s Avatar _King_In_Yellow_10/2/11 7:48 am
1 emeralds 54
Due to the amount of grieving and lack of crate protection available i am creating a list that names and shames host servers so you can avoid wasting your time on them.

The first 2 for today are:-
178.32.251.49 Non Hamachi Premium Only Server (on a redstone host.com)
83.222.240.167:29965 Marblecraft

The former for the intolerable amount of grieving that has gone on due to people either hacking themselves into creative mode (unlikely) or being given creative mode and it not being periodically rescinded by the server owner.

The latter for changing the server each day for 3 days (which i didn't mind) me being griefed and stolen from over those three days moreso on the very last day where it was most obvious as i'll explain.
I made a house that to get to you had to walk half a mile or more from spawn to get to the bridge in order to make your way half a mile up in the air to steal my items, they were stolen.
I was over a lake so i dove down and buried my treasure about 8 squares away from a placed sign air source making sure to cover it with the correct blocks for camoflage; not only was it stolen only 3 blocks were dug up to find it.
I found a person checking around a house i co-built and had only co built not long ago, in fact too short for them to have any business in the drab little cottage; i snuck up on them they logged out and then when they logged back in a hit them with an iron sword 7-8 times without them dying (they were not an admin).
I explained this to the owner of the server when he logged in that day and his reply was there were people that had been op'd on the server and their server would not let them de-op anyone.

It's not my job to sit waiting like a hawk to try and catch griefer log in names for the admins, i expect enough safeguards and measures in place to ultimately deter repeat offences.

I'm willing to spend inordinate amounts of time creating masterpieces, i volunteer my time to whatever work is being done by others, i hand out goodies when i have a plenty; but i had to leave that server because i'm a mature aged gamer who time is money for and the amount i've sunk into this game deserves better.
If you're a griefer look forward to more whitelisted no rights servers you can't hack because that is what you're causing for all of us.
Once i get my server up if so much as 1 person griefs it i will perma ban every IP bar my real life friends i know and maybe 3-4 other people i've worked with in minecraft & know would never grief.

I hope you look forward to my next installment where now that i've formally declared war on unmanaged mineservers (or at least improperly managed) you'll have an even larger list for making informed choices as to where you spend your time and effort making something great.
_King_In_Yellow_
Level 1 : New Miner