Any tips for improving at creating skins?

Sol33t303's Avatar Sol33t3037/13/17 10:09 am
1 emeralds 281 2
7/13/2017 2:05 pm
Sol33t303's Avatar Sol33t303
I think around 6-8 months ago I decided to create two skins for Minecraft, then though I kinda fell out of Minecraft due to serious real world stuff happening, now I'm thinking about getting back into skinning, here are the skins I created. (Very creative naming, I know)
http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/7293518/ruvik/
http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/8212 ... ot-lizard/
Sol33t303
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/13/2017 1:56 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Prince
ouija bored
Firstly, I wouldn't post my skins on The Skindex. While it is a decent skin editor, people on there can easily write your skins off as their own. I use the Skindex to make skins myself since it's free and better than some skin editors elsewhere, but I have seen great artists torn down by beginners stealing their hard work and talent.

For you, I reccomend looking at some shading tutorials. They can range from shading skin or hair to how to give your skins ombre effects. These helped to kickstart me, so maybe they'll help you too. Keep in mind as well that as you practice, you'll get better, take my word for it.

As for creative names for skins, don't force it. None of the skins I've ever posted have had ultra-unique names.

Sorry for throwing a wall of text at you, and sorry if none of this helps.
07/13/2017 2:05 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Sol33t303
Thanks for the tips, where would be some better places to post my skins? and I'll definitely look into some shading tutorials then, since I made theses a while ago I possible be able to do better shading (my art class in high school has been focussing a lot on 3d art and shading so maybe I will be able to put those to good use somehow)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome