How do you make a shading template?

xIce's Avatar xIce8/22/15 6:51 pm
1 emeralds 235 1
9/3/2015 5:46 pm
Dragil500's Avatar Dragil500
I'd like for my skins to automatically be shaded; however I want them to look like they are mine and I don't want them to have a template that has already been used thousands of times. I have Photoshop, GIMP, and MCSkinEdit (I don't have Paint.net or MCSkinEdit 3D) and I can't figure out how to make my own, can anyone give me some guidance and/or tips on making one?
xIce
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/03/2015 5:46 pm
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn
Dragil500
It's quite easy actually.

Go onto photoshop and use a dark grey pencil, size 1. First you will obviously need a 1.8 skin, or 1.7 depending on which skins you're making.

Now just shade as you like, from dark grey to light grey (don't use black or white). When that's finished you're gonna copy and paste the layer 4x, you'll have 5 copies. Just turn 2 of them into cold color shading templates (blue and purple or green), and 2 of them to hot colors (red and orange or yellow or pink).

Now with those 4 layers, the cold colors you will join them in a group. The hot colors you will join them in a separate group. You just need to mess around with layer blending modes and effects to give that nice look you'll need for the skin you're making.

If you're doing a neutral one, then maybe the black and white will suit better, if you're doing a marine monster or an ent, cold colors; if you're doing a lava beast maybe hot colors overlay.

Then you can use color dodge or overlay mode to fit better.

Happy skinning hope I helped!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome