People use your skins but dont diamond? feelings?

TheLacky's Avatar TheLacky8/31/13 6:04 pm
8/31/2013 7:54 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
Hey guys i just want to ask, how many people have there skins downloaded like 10+ times but with only 1 diamond? i personally dislike this because then whoever uses my skin doesnt appreciate my work enough to hit one button? how do you feel?

also how do you feel about one of my best skins on PMC: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/blue-jay-2442305/
please diamond if you will
TheLacky
Level 19 : Journeyman Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/31/2013 7:54 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
A diamond provides feedback for a skin, just like comments and favorites. It says "I think this is a pretty cool skin." If someone downloads a skin of mine but doesn't give feedback, I find it annoying, but I'm not going to blame them. If they didn't want to say something, they shouldn't feel obliged to make something up for the sake of leaving feedback.
08/31/2013 7:52 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Diamonds are nice, but I don't really care if people don't diamond my skins if they're going to use them. When I download things, I like to see how it looks in-game before I diamond. Also, people who aren't logged in or aren't a member of the site can't give you diamonds.
08/31/2013 6:48 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Bunny
Yuki
Guys, you realise that not everyone who downloads your skin has a PMC account, right? People can download your skins/contribute to the views without having a PMC account, they just can't diamond/favourite/comment.
08/31/2013 7:48 pm
Level 84 : Elite Programmer
Arcaniax
This is true
08/31/2013 6:44 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Skinner
Reptillion
it annoys me. one of my best skins took hours to make, and no one appreciates it.
08/31/2013 6:34 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Woody239If PMC was a race for fame, Disco would've already won.

I feel like discos texture pack is a bit overrated. I love his maps though!
08/31/2013 6:34 pm
Level 84 : Elite Programmer
Arcaniax
i get 150 downloads a day on my resourcepack and i have to be lucky to get 1 diamond/day
08/31/2013 6:33 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Like people have said, a lot of downloads come from people who aren't registered on teh site, so they can't diamond.
Also, why do you care about diamonds so much? Sure it's good to have them because it shows that your work means something, but they don't matter that much, do they?
08/31/2013 6:32 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Be happy you get the exp from downloads. I don't think diamonds get you any extra exp. (Correct me if I'm wrong) And if your skins aren't good, (I'm not saying they're not good. I haven't looked at anyone's) then they don't deserve to be on the pop reel.

Exp is pretty much the only thing people will notice first about you.

If you make it to level 50 or something, people near level 1 will most likely click and look at your content. If they like it, they'll diamond it. If they don't, they'll move on.

Step 1: Get lots of exp (Don't spam content. -___-)
Step 2. Reach level 20-40
Step 3. People will click you, and view your content
Step 4. You will get diamonds.

Also, diamonds mean nothing. They're just a way to get to the pop reel, which gets you exp. Exp also means nothing. Being popular means nothing.

I don't understand why Planet Minecraft has become a race for fame. If PMC was a race for fame, Disco would've already won.
08/31/2013 6:26 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
i hate it its rude dont wear my skin if you dont like it you have like 20 downloads and 1 diamond including yourself the only person who diamonds my skin is the virdian a really good skinner! and piggey has done one it was my argonian
08/31/2013 6:29 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
iSnake
The reason you get no diamonds is because you suck. No offense.
08/31/2013 6:24 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Team
There can be a billion downloads and only one person who used it. They could have just downloaded it. Some people just need it for a film in minecraft but they actually don't like it. Have you ever wore something you hated? Exactly.
08/31/2013 6:21 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
iSnake
Bro... http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/apocalypse-survivor-1183061// just look at that freaking view/diamond ratio.
08/31/2013 6:21 pm
Level 25 : Expert Unicorn
madisonjack01
I do not care about the diamonds to be honest many of us have a chance in the community when I came here I was a small skin maker and did not know much but over the past few months I have really made my skins try to get a few downloads to me they count like diamonds
08/31/2013 6:13 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Popularity on the Internet is as prestigious as being the manager of a McDonald's.

In other words, popularity here is nothing. I've got 20-40 subscribers. I haven't checked in months, because it's just a number that doesn't matter to me. I could have one subscriber, and I wouldn't care.
I'm just glad people like some of my work. Some earn diamonds, others don't. Just make stuff, and if people like it, they'll diamond it.

There are many people (including me) who are easy to be persuaded into downloading something, but the content has to be jaw-dropping to make us give it a diamond.

Also, thousands of skins are uploaded daily. So skins will only be on the front page for a few minutes. So not many people will see them, leading to not many diamonds.

Just be happy that the "Take diamond" button was removed a while ago. I'm one of the unlucky ones with negative diamonds on some of my submissions.
08/31/2013 6:11 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
DarkFadeLink
Yeah me
08/31/2013 6:10 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
+_Isaacsj_+
What's the point of diamonds?
TheLacky
Diamonds are pretty much a liking system, the more diamonds you have, a better chance of getting featured
08/31/2013 6:09 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Necromancer
MusaTheLegend
Skins get downloads even when they aren't good. It's just what happens. 99.99% of skins I've seen have gotten 1 or more downloads. Remember, not everyone who downloads has a PMC account to give a diamond with.
TheLacky
Ya i forgot about that, it makes sense. Still i wish i got more of a reward for the hard work i made that people use
08/31/2013 6:17 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Necromancer
MusaTheLegend
Then remember to advertise them and spend a lot of time on them. Not many people are interested in non-shaded low quality skins. Look at some tutorials on how to make palettes and shade PROPERLY, not with a shading template you just apply on. Shaded skins get more attention. Get the habit of using palettes and know how and where to shade your skins. Remember what parts of clothing and armor get highlights, and which part of the skin gets shadows. If you are shading a helmet, light reflects on it, so you would use your lighter colours for that. Make your own shading style and use THAT. Sure, you can use others when you are beginning, but try and make up your own style. Here are some good tutorials that can help people in skinning:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/a-s ... nfinished/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/pix ... utorial-2/
08/31/2013 6:09 pm
TheLacky
Ya i agree, i jsut started posting skins and my first skin i posted yesterday has 15 downloads and only my diamond :/
08/31/2013 6:07 pm
Level 23 : Expert Robot
Mercy_Minecraft
the same and for all my work that Ive taken my time to do it....
08/31/2013 6:06 pm
Level 47 : Master Dragonborn
Diddo
I have over 50 downloads on 1 of my skins and 1 diamond not including mine. It's kind of rude? In a way
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome