Skin Making Advice

bethenna's Avatar bethenna8/23/13 7:03 am
8/23/2013 9:26 am
progamingkilz's Avatar progamingkilz
Ok so I literally JUST made my first PMC skin and posted it. If anyone is wondering, I used MCSkin3D I was wondering if a few people could just check out the skin and well.. give me some feedback Thank-you and it'd be much appreciated.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/gre ... l-2392017/
bethenna
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/23/2013 9:26 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
progamingkilz
MayuriYandere#Bumponcevery24hoursokay?

Also your skin is good, i like how you added the mouth and it doesn't look to much like sugar buns or katy loves skins like how most teen skins do but i would suggest going more into hue shifting and shading, and don't forget to shade the top of the dildo okay?

08/23/2013 9:24 am
Level 48 : Master Bunny
Cocoabunny
Looks pretty good, it reminded me of my latest skin I would recommend shading the hair and skin, as it looks a little, blah, without shading. I would try to stay away from the diamond-y shaped eyes, they're a bit overused and not very 'professional' looking. Also try to make the flower band a bit more 'unsymmetrical', it doesn't look as natural. If you have any shading questions don't hesitate to ask me c;
08/23/2013 9:13 am
Level 30 : Artisan Pixel Painter
3picdonut421
good skin! but i think it needs more shading.
but you projects are cool!
08/23/2013 9:12 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
MayuriYandere#Bumponcevery24hoursokay?

heh, wow..
WOOOOOWW
08/23/2013 9:10 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
MayuriYandere
#Bumponcevery24hoursokay?

Also your skin is good, i like how you added the mouth and it doesn't look to much like sugar buns or katy loves skins like how most teen skins do but i would suggest going more into hue shifting and shading, and don't forget to shade the top of the legs okay?
08/23/2013 8:20 am
bethenna
Decided a might make an update to remove the sleeves and brown around the clothing, also to change/remove the flower head-dress. Good idea? Please give me your opinions they're much valued

Bump!
08/23/2013 7:43 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
natthom_
not a fan of the hair... but the clothes do look fitting, I like how u don't over shade like most mc skins on the site. the out line of the clothes in brown is distracting. all in all a good skin.
08/23/2013 7:44 am
bethenna
Busy making an update to fix these points about the skin. Keep the advice coming I really appreciate it!!

Bump!
08/23/2013 7:34 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
myhandy
OK. for your first skin it is pretty good. but there are a few changes i would suggest. first, instead of a flower crown just add a flower in her hair on the side of her head or something. it is a lot more subtle and you don't have to invent some new way of skinning to make the crown look good. (cause ATM its kinda tacky). next. back right shoulder. her toga leaves thing should flow across her body. not break at the joints. this is how someone would actually look wearing a gown like that. a toga/robe thing is not gonna have sleeves. just fabric hung over the shoulder and held by a belt at the waist. i also recommend not doing a toga style thing 100% toga (if that makes any sense) because a real toga would only cover one shoulder, not both. since this is impossible in MC skins your going to want to stick with symmetrical shirts. you can however make the v of her shirts neck lopsided so long as the area where it flows from the chest to the arms is symmetrical. so that whatever you do for the arms will line up to the shirt on both sides not just one. also. i recommend you do something different with the straps. the back of her shirt looks very weird lopsided like it is because people aren't used to seeing that kind of thing on a skin. i recommend you make the two half's of the back symmetrical (the back of the skin is the left back and the right back. when you draw the skin its one piece but its easier to think of it as two [still not making any sense am i? xD] ). here you can see what i mean by flow. look at this skins shirt and how it wraps around the body but also has detail under the arms so that when you move your shirt doesn't "fall apart"
http://i.imgur.com/A6qIweS.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5R8ILY.png
http://i.imgur.com/o06mtWQ.png
08/23/2013 7:38 am
bethenna
It's supposed to look ragged, it's not a toga or whatever, just some old scrappy bit's of clothing. I'll think about the straps since they do kinda look weird. Maybe I'll do an update with the skin to sort that out. Thanks for the advice with it all!

Bump!
08/23/2013 7:14 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Scribe
billspro10
It's pretty good but since I'm not a Skinner I'm not going to be able to criteque you all that much :/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome