Why do the contest skins look so rushed?

BobbyJones's Avatar BobbyJones8/13/13 4:22 am
8/14/2013 1:12 am
basicbrick's Avatar basicbrick
Ok, so I used to skin a lot but I've decided to start blogging instead. So don't accuse me of not knowing what it's like to skin.

I participated in the Medieval skin contest and I spent about an hour on my skin. It didn't place but I was still pretty proud. It was original, had decent shading, and racked up a few diamonds. I took my time to make it as nice as I possibly could.

My question is, why do the majority of the contest skins look like no time was spent on them at all? I saw maybe, 9 or 10 that looked like time and thought were put into them.

The contest runs for like 2 weeks so why don't people spend more time? A lot of them just look like a jumbled mess of colors and I don't know why people post them.

I know not everyone is an amazing skinner but to me it seems like you would put a lot of time and effort into a contest skin and make it look as nice as it can.
BobbyJones
Level 42 : Master Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/14/2013 1:12 am
Level 48 : Master Pixel Painter
basicbrick
People rush on all contests, just to get the badge, its funny, alto of people don't know what twisted reality means.
08/13/2013 5:18 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Taco
Mgreat
Well, the crappy quality of the skins question has already been answered. As far as making the finalists go, your skin must be in the top 100 amount of diamonds. And judge diamonds count for 10. XD
08/13/2013 4:11 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
Strawberrypickle01
Like others have said it is for the badge, and plus it means they are not very good skinners...just saying I'd wait until closer to due date not rush and be first.
08/13/2013 3:34 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
most people just enter a random skin for the 'participation' badge on there profile

it may be just participation, but it actually makes you look like a better skinner...
08/13/2013 3:32 pm
Level 22 : Expert Artist
Mrs_Mari
BobbyJonesOk, so I used to skin a lot but I've decided to start blogging instead. So don't accuse me of not knowing what it's like to skin.

I participated in the Medieval skin contest and I spent about an hour on my skin. It didn't place but I was still pretty proud. It was original, had decent shading, and racked up a few diamonds. I took my time to make it as nice as I possibly could.

My question is, why do the majority of the contest skins look like no time was spent on them at all? I saw maybe, 9 or 10 that looked like time and thought were put into them.

The contest runs for like 2 weeks so why don't people spend more time? A lot of them just look like a jumbled mess of colors and I don't know why people post them.

I know not everyone is an amazing skinner but to me it seems like you would put a lot of time and effort into a contest skin and make it look as nice as it can.

maybe that is them trying, and giving it their best shot. Like you said you only spent an hour on yours, who is to say that their is a time limit on how long you take? Or how it looks?
08/13/2013 7:38 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Dragon
samkee00
There are many amateur skinners who aren't that good, so their skins always look rushed. Not saying I'm not amateur, I just don't feel the need to get the badge, so I don't enter.
08/13/2013 7:06 am
Level 38 : Artisan Robot
ElementalAndroid
Some people just want to enter and get the participant badge I would think.
08/13/2013 6:28 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Goblin
TudorOstrich
In my opinion, my 2 ostrich skins i posted are nice. but no one looks at them! I spent hours on each trying to perfect them, but no one gave feedback, diamonded or anything. I feel ignored by the whole thing. I personally wish people would look at them. I even made nice blogs, 2 of them weren't even replied to or diamonded. Only a couple of people saw them. I don't think i will even enter the contest unless i get some attention
08/13/2013 5:25 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Unnumbered Tears
Maybe you could try advertising more often. Actually though you probably already do that. I advertise sometimes, with mixed results.
08/13/2013 6:17 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
Woodstockk
because people just want the trophy and such, and they often think first in best dressed, even thats rubbish.
08/13/2013 6:06 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
NuclearChicken98
To be honest, i spent a fair amount of time on mine, and though i did pretty well, but it was my first skin, so i wasnt expecting anything good, and was just looking for feedback and how i could improve my technique (which i have done). but other than that, i completely agree with what you guys have said, just to try and win with no effort... kinda how i was feeling at the start of the contest :/
08/13/2013 4:30 am
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
Rawwk
They just want a participation trophy.
08/13/2013 4:24 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
Because people don't care, and just want to try and win with no effort.
08/13/2013 4:28 am
Level 42 : Master Taco
BobbyJones
If they expect they'll win with such a lack of effort I feel bad for them. The contest finalists' skins always look so epic. Have they never seen how great those skins look? Wow.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome