Looking for someone good with Worldpainter

Fureniku's Avatar Fureniku6/23/14 2:36 pm
1 emeralds 233 6
6/29/2014 7:48 pm
Fureniku's Avatar Fureniku
Hey guys.

I've got a new server concept but I need a big WorldPainter map designed for it. I'm really not that great with WP, so I'm hoping to hire someone to do it for me. It IS a very simple map design.

The map needs to be about 10k by 10k, with a mountain "buffer" around the edge that players can't climb over - so I'd recommend setting the size to 10,240 to allow for that. All I need you to do is the worldpainter terrain, the rest of the building I can handle, but here's my rough plan:

http://img.ctrlv.in/img/14/06/23/53a87037805c7.jpg (too big to show in post, go to the link)

Note that that is not to scale - the river should probably be 20-30 blocks wide (maybe starting narrow and getting slowly wider?)

The map will not need any ores or anything generating, so I'd say lower the terrain and ocean to around 30 - still giving me room underground but a bit more overground space.

I'll quickly go over the areas:
Mountain Range (top left)
Mountains should be pretty tall- peaking at map height ideally. It's a mountain range, so quite a few peaks close together - whatever you think works. I'll be hiding a research lab which I'll build later under the mountain but it won't be that high, so you don't need to worry about it too much. One of the river tributaries starts here, so I'm sure you could do something interesting with that? I don't want entire mountains covered with water but nice trickling streams could be good.

Canyon (top right)
This should be a deep canyon with the ocean running down the middle. Roughly 100-120 in height with a very sheer drop. I'll be editing the terrain to a mod-based block here so just use something easy to grab with worldedit - hardened clay would work great.
The canyon should gradually level down into a savannah/desert kind of place, with some nice cacti.
You could also do something with the other tributary over here, maybe a small waterfall or something.

This area doesn't need the mountain buffer, I can work something else out here. The map will use a skybox mod so it's not essential.

Ocean (bottom right)
Obviously an easy bit. It'd be nice to get a good shoreline on it though, beaches by the two cities and rocky with maybe a few cliffs in between.

Forest (bottom left)
I'd appreciate it if this wasn't just your average vanilla forest. Use some nice tree schematics to get an interesting woodland kind of area with good, tall trees. If you can add a few ruined buildings in via schematics that's cool, if not I can do it myself.

Cities (the grey patches)
Don't worry about these, just leave them as stone or similar. I've marked them on so you know where they'll be but thats all you need to know.

Anything not marked, just be creative with it some nice hills and whatever other geographical features you think are cool.

Obviously this is a big ask and I'm more than happy to pay for a decent result. However, it DOES have to be good for me to do that. If you make one, send me a screenshot of the 3D view in worldpainter and we can discuss from there.

I don't have Skype so if you want any other details comment below or send me a message.

Thanks
Fureniku
Level 88 : Elite Modder