Tiny House Challenge idea.

Rubydust's Avatar Rubydust11/6/17 3:17 pm
1 emeralds 130
I came up with an idea today about an interesting concept challenge. It is similar to an old challenge I had done with building in a 16x16x16 cube space, however this time I actually have a true goal in mind.

All builds will be built in a designated area, with the builders in survival mode. However, only basic blocks will be provide via some kind of delivery system and the builder will need to craft them into slabs, stairs, fences, what have you.

Select items will also be available, such as buckets, flint, mob drops, ores, and decorative heads.

Builders will be restricted to an 8x8x16 build space set up and marked off with structure block bounding box and a scale around the base. The build must stay within the bounding box as only that area will be saved at the end of the build period.

Judging will take place by loading the saved structure file onto a display stand in the judging area.

Three categories will be graded:
  1. Architecture - Is the structure well designed and laid out

2. Functionality - Does this structure contain the basic survival needs and are they easily accessible.

3. Decor - Is the structure appealing to look at and live in.

To go a bit further in depth: In the architecture category judges will be looking at the overall size and shape of the build, plus the use of materials in its construction and how they effect its appearance and durability. In the functionality category they are looking to see if the builder has included at least four of the fallowing: 1 crafting table, 1 furnace, 1 chest, 1 bed, 1 enchantment table, 1 anvil, 1 cauldron, and 1 brewing stand; however, while fitting all of them would be best, the builders can score just as well if the minimum required are laid out in an navigable manor to the judges and not cluttered together. Finally in Decor, it's all about the creativity and eye for detail where the judges will be asking themselves "Would I mind staying here in survival?"

Of course, I have no idea what to do for a reward if any, nor who would be good judges or just what the judges score with... much less how to set up all the commands and server add on to make the whole system work.

But it is an interesting idea and can be scaled up all the way to a 32x32x32 build limit... mainly because that is the save limit for a single structure block.
Rubydust
Level 51 : Grandmaster Architect