Can I use the a version of the experimental textures as a base for my texture pack?

redstonecreeper8's Avatar redstonecreeper84/14/19 9:59 am
1 emeralds 177 3
4/20/2019 9:09 am
redstonecreeper8's Avatar redstonecreeper8
I am making a texture pack that makes a handful of pretty major tweaks. However, the idea was that instead of the "'background'' of the pack being the current default textures, I thought it would look better to make tweaks to the new textures. If they are technically not default yet, could I release my pack that way or would it still violate copyright? Thanks! :)
redstonecreeper8
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/14/2019 9:40 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
No, it still violates our rules. You can only upload content made entirely by you. We have very specific exceptions for updating packs abandoned by their original creator and other content you want to edit where you need to get written permission from the account that originally posted the content to edit and post it as well as changing the base content enough that it doesn't immediately trigger a "That's just X from X pack" type response from people viewing it.

Our rules regarding remixed packs are less strict in the forum though. You could share a pack like what you're describing as a forum post, but not as a Resource Pack submission.
04/20/2019 9:09 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
redstonecreeper8
Cool, thanks!
:)
04/14/2019 11:06 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Archer
jennider
as long as the textures you are copying isnt the same as the original,... but ONLY when the texture is different,... when its the same do NOT put it in the pack,... as that is with the law of copyrights. but you are free to use it as the base,... as its free to use for everyone who bought minecraft
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome