Map File Too Big to Upload?

DapperDanGaming's Avatar DapperDanGaming7/14/18 4:13 pm history
1 emeralds 718 6
7/16/2018 7:39 am
Ivain's Avatar Ivain
I'm trying to upload a map creation I made for a contest, but the file is way to big. It's already in .zip format, so is there any way to compress it further or make it smaller? Or maybe there are contents in the file I can delete to lower the size?
DapperDanGaming
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/14/2018 4:30 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Are you trying to upload it directly to PMC?

You can just upload it to some online cloud storage service like Dropbox (dont recommend it), Mediafire or Google Drive.
Both of those have multiple gigabytes of storage available, so it should work just fine.
If your file is larger than 2 GB, you're doing something wrong, because I've created 4K terrain worlds with smaller filesize than that
07/14/2018 4:54 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
DapperDanGaming
Thank you so much! That helps a lot!
07/14/2018 5:12 pm
Ivain
Make sure to get the 'share link' and post that in the right place on PMC. Just don't use a link shortener like adfly (or other ones that generate revenue) until you reach level 20
07/16/2018 2:43 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Birb
DukkiStuff
wait, let me ask quickly, why can't u do that?
07/16/2018 7:39 am
Ivain
Its a rule to avoid new members spamming adfly links left and right.

Though honestly I recommend against using adfly in general, it doesnt work for people who use adblock but doesn't check their ads for malware either. If you upload with any regularity, starting a patreon is a better option. Since you need 1000 downloads to even make $1, having a patreon where a single person is supporting you with $1 a month is already a better option, and is way less risky for the users downloading.

If I had placed an adfly link on every single project with a download, I would have MAYBE made $10 by now over the period of 5 years.
07/16/2018 2:55 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
im guessing its to stop spam/scams
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome