Need constructive criticism on my blog

LightlySaltedBuilder's Avatar LightlySaltedBuilder1/11/18 10:26 pm history
3 emeralds 204 6
1/13/2018 2:14 am
Cib's Avatar Cib
So, I'm currently working on a blog about how to do interiors, and I ran into an issue. I feel that I explaining too much, that a lot of what I'm writing is unnecessary. So, my main thing I want feedback on is, should I shorten my points, and keep them concise? Or is it fine the way I have it right now?

Here's the sample which I feel has the most trouble:
Spoiler - click to reveal
Floor and Ceiling
The main part of this is choosing what block each will be. However, on large roofs, it is a good idea to make a design, like rafters, squares, etc. Now for the materials, my recommendation for a floor that can rarely go wrong is wood, mainly birch. It works well with most palettes, unless your using it as a wall material, Different types of wood also look great with different palettes. Also, make sure your roof or floor isn't the same material as your walls.

Carpet is also an option, however I don't recommend bright colors, unless it's a themed room, then you can sometimes get away with it. I also recommend to avoid stone, the only place that should have pure stone is the garage, a place where a concrete floor makes sense. Also, don't mix floor designs, try to keep it all the same, except for kitchen and bathrooms, for those tile floors work well.

Double-thick floor/ceiling is a nice addition, however you need to plan that during the exterior building stage (Windows might not be even on each floor). If you don't have it however don't worry, you can get along fine without it. Another nice feature that has to do with size is having each floor 5 or 6 blocks tall. This gives a nice amount of space to add a rim to the ceiling and more freedom with the lighting. At first this might sound like a lot, but after trying it you will like it more, I know from personal experience. However, if you can't do this, I recommend 4 blocks as a minimum.

Also, an idea I had that I would like feedback on is if I should highlight the key points, to make for easier and faster reading for people who don't want to read the entire thing. I see nothing wrong with it, I'm just wondering if it would actually be useful or used.

All feedback and criticism is appreciated, unless your a troll, then your not appreciated.

EDIT: I think another thing to note is that that's just one section of the blog (I think approximately less than a fourth), so that's something you might want to take into consideration.
LightlySaltedBuilder
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/13/2018 2:14 am
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
Stand back and think, am I writing what I'm trying to get across in the simplest but detailed and thorough way?

Try, if you have a big section to cover, breaking each paragraph into blocks of text using headings.

This will continue to intrigue and interest readers
01/11/2018 10:50 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
Some1Random
also for "Now for the materials," it should be "For the materials," Now is not needed
01/11/2018 10:49 pm
Some1Random
i edited it a bit
The main part of this is choosing what each block will be. However, on large roofs, it is a good idea to make a design, like rafters, squares, etc. (insert picture of designs here) Now for the materials, my recommendation for a floor that can rarely go wrong/sideways is wood, mainly birch. It works well with most palettes, unless your using it as a wall material (I dont understand this sentence fully), Different types of wood also look great with different palettes. Also, make sure your roof or floor isn't the same material as your walls.

Carpet is also an option, however(,) I don't recommend bright colors, unless it's a themed room, then you can sometimes get away with it. I also recommend to avoid stone, the only place that should have pure (you dont need pure) stone is the garage, a place where a concrete floor makes sense (a concrete floor also makes sense (?) ). Also, don't mix floor designs, try to keep it all the same, except for kitchen(s) and bathrooms, for those tile floors work well.

Double-thick floor/ceiling is a nice addition (i dont get this), however you need to plan that during the exterior building stage (Windows might not be even on each floor (i think this is out of context?) ). If you don't have it (any windows) however don't worry, you can get along fine without it. Another nice feature that has to do with size is having each floor (room) 5 or 6 blocks tall. This gives a nice amount of space to add a rim to the ceiling and more freedom with the lighting. At first this might sound like a lot, but after trying it you will like it more, I know from personal experience. However, if you can't do this, I recommend 4 blocks as a minimum.
01/12/2018 7:36 pmhistory
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
Thanks for the feedback, so does this mean the amount of explaining is fine?

Also, do you think diagrams for things like the double-thick roof is a good idea?
01/13/2018 1:06 am
Some1Random
yes i think so
i dont really understand the double thick roof part but just put pictures of different floors and roofs with captions into the blog and then i will decide
01/11/2018 10:45 pm
Level 24 : Expert Mountaineer
snakeslayer541
More explaining is a good thing in my opinion, it especially shows that you know what you're talking about. And yea dude, highlighting topics is always helpful, mainly for those looking for tips in certain areas.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome