New to PMC, but Semi-Awesome MC Builder

Klnartkat510's Avatar Klnartkat51010/23/19 7:33 pm
6 emeralds 250 5
10/27/2019 3:02 am
Kaatmandu's Avatar Kaatmandu
Sorry, I posted something similar as a response to the "How did you find PMC?" Thread....

I'm Alan. I play MC on the Playstation 3. I found Minecraft at a Half-Price Books. (They sell new/used books, vinyl records, CD's, pre-owned video games, etc. ) I paid like $8.00 for it.

I found PMC by searching for schematic drawing programs. I have read many forums on what others have built, and some have had these great, layer-by-layer build schematics. There is plenty of ways if you have a computer, but I play on a console where MCEdit and Forge and MCPro don't work. So I have spent a lot of time with paper and colored pencils drawing out my builds.

The reason I say semi-awesome, is because I have been unable to share any of my cool builds. Like my zoo, or the Wright Flyer and Red Baron airplanes, or volcano island city built from a superflat world. Sharing with other crafters would be awesome. I hope to provide inspiration for crafters and miners of all ages and levels.

Over the past year, since I bought MC, I have spent all my game time in creative mode. I am a high-functioning autistic person. I love building stuff. I love the creative freedom MC allows for. I have scoured the internet for building ideas. Recently, I have been trying to find a way to create my own schematics to share, but have had little success. I welcome any suggestions.

Happy crafting,

Klnartkat510
P.S. my screen name is my wife's initials, my initials, and us together...Katie L Nichols, Alan R Thon, Katie and Alan Thon. 510 is our house number....If anyone was wondering.
Klnartkat510
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/27/2019 12:53 am
Level 29 : Expert Architect
Kaatmandu
Hey! I am pretty new to schematics but I highly recommend making the switch to PC as fast as you can, the game really explodes with possibilities when you add resources packs, mods, and shaders to the mix. The schematica mod and Optifine is probably where you would want to start when you get there, but for the time being, try graph paper if you haven't already. It helps with my floorplans, as well as gives me a sort of ratio to work from.

I find that most buildings change a lot once I actually see the walls and supports in the game, but if I am away from the computer you can just draw any shape on the graph, and then fill in the the blocks that the lines passes through, or the entire area, etc. If there are existing buildings you want to work from, just print out a picture and tape the two up to a window and trace, or if you're really dangerous, go ahead and do it on your computer monitor real fast.

I highly recommend scouring the internet for talented builders on reddit and here and stealing a little piece of lots of peoples worlds. I've just found out about this and it gave me an idea for a treehouse concept I've been struggling with, you never know where you will find things that make your minecraft life easier. Getting feedback on your builds is nice, but to a certain degree you have to be prepared for people who either won't like what you've built or just don't understand why you do it. Don't mind them. :)
10/23/2019 7:53 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Musician
Zyress
Hey, welcome to PMC! Interesting to hear that you resort to drawing your builds out, I imagine that must take a lot of patience. Would love to see some of your builds some time!
10/23/2019 8:13 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Klnartkat510
I am currently drawing out a plan for my Red Baron plane. It is one of the few builds I kept, since I don't have any access to servers.

How would I share it when finished? I am currently using an old version of MS Paint. I draw, then scan into MS Paint, and edit from there. It is time-consuming and a bit frustrating. I have most of my drawings packed away, but would be willing to share once I have them converted. It has been difficult because I don't know any other way to do a cross-platform design. My PS3 is not the same as other versions of MC.
10/24/2019 5:19 pm
Level 49 : Master Necromancer
GoggleD0GG
Cool! You could upload the drawings into a blog, or just take pictures of the builds with a phone or *idk if you can do this on a PS3* screenshot them.
10/23/2019 9:07 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Musician
Zyress
If you're just doing pictures, you could upload them in a blog on here. Projects are usually used for uploading builds, but I'm not sure if those require you to upload the build itself or not. I only post skins on here, so I can't help you much sorry.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome