Connection timed out:connect ?

rocka_28's Avatar rocka_284/22/11 3:33 pm
1 emeralds 19.8k 29
7/5/2012 6:58 pm
GeniusName3's Avatar GeniusName3
Hi all,

I have made my own MC server about 2 days ago, and have been playing on it fine with my friends until now. As I try to log on, it gives me the error:

Failed to connect to the server
Connection timed out:connect

My frineds get the same error, and have tried a few things but nothing seems to be working. I would appreciate some help on this, I want to get playing again ASAP.

Thanks a lot.
rocka_28
Level 35 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

info Note: You're viewing a single reply. View all replies
04/23/2011 3:17 am
Level 35 : Artisan Miner
rocka_28
Thanks for the help, but nothing seems to be working. I can login with localhost fine and it works, but my friend cannot login, and we have tried everything.

Any other help would be great.
08/15/2011 9:42 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Sounds like a port forwarding issue. You may have a dynamic IP, check your WAN IP and port forward again.
06/25/2012 7:29 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Fox
Flutters
I agree with this too!
Check you firewall settings and see if it has been blocked. Also with hamachi u can have someones ip and they tell u the server is on but u still cant join. It can be as simple as adding 25565 to the end as i have to do with my dads server.. Also there our 4 *3 if no hamachi* to log in to the server if yr on the same computer/laptop,
1. Localhost
2. 127.0.0.1:25565 *depends if u have a different port*
3. Check yr ip through yr anti-vrius software (eg Mc affe)
4. Your Hamachi ip: which is up the top near the power button

also you should check your Server settings to make sure u havent ACIDENTLY changed any of the port settings or ip settings

PM me if you have more problems
cheers Flutter
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome