| Vanilla | Whitelist | 13+ | Y96 Sea Level | Small server

KurtD0g's Avatar KurtD0g6/8/17 9:40 pm
7/24/2017 10:39 pm
KurtD0g's Avatar KurtD0g
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to check out this post. Although I am not new to Minecraft, I do not have much server hosting experience. So forgive me if I seem a bit n00bish. I have just made a brand new 1.11.2 vanilla server that is 100% vanilla, no plugins or mods. It will not be up 24/7; however, I'll try and have it running when I can. I'm setting this up to be a very small community type server. So for now I am only taking applications for 5 players. Minecraft can be better with friends though, so I am setting it up so that each player can choose one guest for a total of ten players. So for example a player can apply and let's say they have a friend, or a sibling, or a classmate, or whatever that they'd like to be able to play on the server with then they can select them as their guest. Again I am very n00bish at this, so maybe this is a dumb idea but I am going to try it out anyways. If it does not work out then I'll just take regular applications like normal. As time goes on if players quit or become inactive then I'll seek out new players to replace and refill the server roster. All players must be at least 13 years of age and I ask that conversations in chat on the server stay reasonably civilized with the age ranges in mind.

There are tons of different Vanilla servers out there so I wanted to experiment with some of the customization options available in the game. This is because I wanted the server to slightly unique but otherwise stay within as normal Minecraft like as possible. The main feature of this server is there is water everywhere!! Basically the default sea level has been increased to Y96 instead of the regular Y64. This means that dry land can be hard to come by in a lot of the map. Will players stick together on a single island or search out their own private islands? Maybe a player will choose to stay within the safety of NPC villages or seek out the massive Wooden Mansions that are still above water? The choice is yours. Please note that this main feature may make this server a bit more difficult for novice Minecraft players as resources can be limited due to the excessive water everywhere.

I will try and read applications on this forum post and respond to the ones that can be the first 5 to join as time allows. I will also be showcasing the server and game play sessions on my Twitch.tv channel over at twitch.tv/kurtd0g when I can. Feel free to come and watch; however, DO NOT private message me or attempt to apply via private message on the Twitch site. All such requests and applications will be ignored. If I am streaming the server though you may ask to join via Twitch chat; however, I will give applications on this forum post thread priority first for now. Seeing as I am only taking 5 applications, I will not likely take Twitch chat requests to join unless I start having trouble finding new players.

Rules:

1. No Stealing
2. No Greifing
3. No X-ray, cheats or hacks
4. Do not destroy or otherwise grief NPC villages!! This is important because of the nature of the server's water themed imposed difficulty.
5. Keep chat clean and civil for anyone as young as 13. No racism or bullying. Just use common sense.
6. Please keep area near initial world spawn safe and clean for any new player that might join the server.
7. Although their is no building limits or restrictions, respect a player's individual areas if it appears they may be building something.
It is ok to share space and work together but if a player asks to be left alone, then don't bother them or crowd their space.
8. When in NPC villages and you take food crops, replant them for other players. Although water may be everywhere food could get scarce.
9. Keep server landscape clean. If you or an enemy mob destroys something or someone else's stuff, try to repair if possible.
10. Do NOT build anything that can cause server lag. Admins will remove things such as mob spawner trap rooms and anything else that looks to be
slowing down the server without asking your permission.
11. Initially the Nether has been disabled; however it will be turned on eventually. Don't complain about this.
12. Regarding "The End" - any player is allowed to attempt to go there and fight the Ender Dragon; however, as I may want to showcase such events on stream on my Twitch, let me know or wait until KurtD0g is present so that your heroic valor can be forever immortalized as Twitch highlight footage.
13. Do not in any way harass other players, again use common sense.
14. More rules may be added as needed. Feel free ask me in game or in Twitch chat if other issues arise.

All new players get a one time starter set of items that may initially help them with the watery environment. These will be given to each new player ONCE only when they first join the server. Don't lose them or die right away with them because you will not get them again.

Whitelist Application:

Age (must be at least 13):

Minecraft IGN:
Guest Minecraft IGN:
(optional)

Your Twitch:
(I'll try and check out your channel if I have time.)

How long have you been playing Minecraft?:

How do you feel your skill level is in Minecraft(scale 0 to 5):

Any other info you want to share:

I'll respond on this forum post if approved but if you'd rather I contact you via another method, specify here:

-------------------
Sorry for the long post, and like I stated earlier this is kind of a new thing for me. I am also welcome for any advice regarding server management from the players or community. Just realize that on the server that an admin will have the final say in the end. Thank you for your time.
KurtD0g
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/24/2017 10:39 pm
KurtD0g
I'd like to welcome, ItsWren to the the server.
07/23/2017 10:49 pm
ItsWren
Age (must be at least 13):

Minecraft IGN: ItsWren
Guest Minecraft IGN:
(optional)

Your Twitch:

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: 5 years

How do you feel your skill level is in Minecraft(scale 0 to 5): 4 probably!

Any other info you want to share: not that I can think of!

thank you!
07/23/2017 1:03 pm
KurtD0g
First of all, I'd like to thank all the current players that have already joined the server. I started this server out by only accepting small groups of 5-10 people to white list at a time. I wanted to give the first players a chance to do stuff before the server became to crazy. At least this was what I had in mind. Truth be told I rarely see any activity on this server as of late. Although I sadly do not have time to play on the server myself that much, I will say when I do, I have rarely seen anybody but a few repeat players. In the interest in attempting to keep this server active, I am now removing the 5-10 person application cap periods. I will still maintain each group in priority as they are added to the whitelist; however, for the time being I will simply keep the application process open. If anyone is interested in joining the server, feel free to apply using the application on the first post and I will try and add people deemed fit to the white list as my time allows. Also if anyone has any advice to give me regarding adding or recruiting players, feel free to voice opinions in this thread as well.
07/14/2017 9:56 pm
KurtD0g
I'd like to welcome, Krycifer to the server. There are still a couple spots left before I close application for the 2nd time.
07/12/2017 6:29 pm
KurtD0g
I'd like to welcome, WereWolf081 to server.
07/09/2017 10:49 pm
ProtoTypeHawK
Age (must be at least 13): 15

Minecraft IGN: WereWolf081
Guest Minecraft IGN: Krycifer
(optional)

Your Twitch: Don't stream

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: 6 years

How do you feel your skill level is in Minecraft(scale 0 to 5): 4

Any other info you want to share:

I'll respond on this forum post if approved but if you'd rather I contact you via another method, specify here:
07/09/2017 4:53 pm
KurtD0g
I'd like to welcome, Macadellic to the server.
07/04/2017 10:40 am
KurtD0g
I'd like to just take this moment to wish any of the American players a Happy 4th of July. Maybe if I get time, I'll craft some fireworks in the server to give out.
07/02/2017 9:26 pm
KurtD0g
I have had a few players comment that the server appears down all the time. I must apologize as sometimes the server goes down if my computer enters sleep mode or if it is left running with no activity too long. This computer is used for many other things besides just the Minecraft server and I sometimes forget to restart it. I will try my best to keep it up whenever I can. In the future eventually someday I'd like to move the server to its own computer by itself but that will not be soon. Also some players that have joined still have not received their free starter items. This mistake is due to the fact that my script is such that it only runs if I am online as well. So some of the players have never been online at the same time that I have been. I am looking into a way to change this and will post back here if I learn a better method of giving these items.
06/27/2017 11:25 pm
MrHappyErection
Age (must be at least 13): 18

Minecraft IGN: Macadellic
Guest Minecraft IGN:

Your Twitch: I don't have an active twitch channel

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: for about 6 years give or take a couple months

How do you feel your skill level is in Minecraft(scale 0 to 5): I'd say a 4, my redstone skills are mediocre at best but other than that i pretty knowledgeable about everything minecraft. I did stop playing for about a year but I've recently gotten back into it because of all the past updates

Any other info you want to share: I really like playing vanilla minecraft with other people so it would much appreciated if you whitelist me I don't really play any other game modes besides Hunger Games occasionally
06/25/2017 8:20 pm
KurtD0g
Welcome, reddy91201 to the server. I will private message the IP to the new users and add them to whitelist. The server may be a bit laggy when you first join as I have a script giving the users their one time free starter items.

I've added you to the whitelist. Welcome to the server.
06/25/2017 6:52 pm
reddy91201
Age (must be at least 13): 16

Minecraft IGN: reddy91201
Guest Minecraft IGN:
(optional)

Your Twitch: none

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: i have been playing Minecraft for 5 years
How do you feel your skill level is in Minecraft(scale 0 to 5): i feel that my skill is at a 5

Any other info you want to share: i love playing on vanilla servers and meeting new people and i hope that i will be able to play on this server with you and everyone else
06/25/2017 12:08 pm
KurtD0g
Now that the server has been up for a few weeks and the original players have had a chance to move about and explore, I am now re-opening applications to the server to add another five players along with some guests. The same white application in the original post can be used. I also have this same info on a few other forum sites, so I may be cross-checking them all for new player apps. I will check back here and post updates when new players are added and when the application process is closed again.
06/10/2017 2:30 am
KurtD0g
Submissions for the time being are closed. I will not be accepting any new users unless others quit or become in active. I may add more users later after the server becomes more established. Thanks for the submissions and I will check back here at a later date if needed. Users that have not selected a guest may still do so by asking in the server's own chat or in my Twitch chat when I'm broadcasting the server.

The current full roster is below.
User - Guest User

KurtD0g - *TKO2004
Axbrother - ?
BrosanoSX - ?
Mellsers - GSC2nd_gen
*Brandondelmundo - ?
OfficialSlap_ - ?
06/10/2017 2:25 am
KurtD0g
Welcome, OfficialSlap_ to the server. I will private message the IP to the new users and add them to whitelist. The server may be a bit laggy when you first join as I have a script giving the users their one time free starter items.

06/10/2017 1:50 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
kanman24
Whitelist Application:

Age (must be at least 13): 15

Minecraft IGN: OfficialSlap_
Guest Minecraft IGN:
(optional)

Your Twitch: I used to stream alot but not anymore, I can if you want.

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since 1.2.5

How do you feel your skill level is in Minecraft(scale 0 to 5):4.5

Any other info you want to share: I have discord/skype pm me for it, Id love to be apart of this server and play with everyone!
06/10/2017 1:24 am
KurtD0g
I'd like to welcome, Brandondelmundo to the server.
06/10/2017 12:37 am
KurtD0g
Welcome, BrosanoSX and Mellsers to the server. I'd also like to welcome, Axbrother to the server. Regarding streaming it is not required. It is just that I only have Twitch chat set up as a means to communicate outside of forums and in game. I will private message the IP to the new users and add them to whitelist. The server may be a bit laggy when you first join as I have a script giving the users their one time free starter items.

06/09/2017 7:50 pm
Mellsers
Hello~
Age (must be at least 13): 13

Minecraft IGN: Mellsers
Guest Minecraft IGN: GSC2nd_gen (He is older than 13)

Your Twitch: I don't stream, but I can if it's required.

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Around 3 to 4 years

Any other info you want to share: Nothing important
06/09/2017 7:24 pm
Brosano
Age (must be at least 13): 16

Minecraft IGN: BrosanoSX
Guest Minecraft IGN:
(optional)

Your Twitch:
(I'll try and check out your channel if I have time.) Dont stream

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: 6 years

Any other info you want to share: nothing that comes to mind
06/09/2017 7:23 pm
KurtD0g
Just wanted to post a short reply here regarding a small update to my post. Recently Minecraft version 1.12 was released. I will be updating this server to a new 1.12 server very soon instead of leaving it as 1.11.2.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome