Let me review your resource packs and skins!

Stoven's Avatar Stoven5/6/13 5:50 pm
1 emeralds 4.9k 107
8/26/2013 10:19 pm
Phase_Saber's Avatar Phase_Saber
Welcome to the improved resource pack and skin review "shop" or whatever you want to call it. I had updated the layout of my resource pack reviews so if you want a serious review on it, this how the rating system works:

Presentation: Includes how you present the pack in pmc as well as your guis in game and main menus.
_/10
Blocks: This involves all blocks in the game. I will judge based on what theme are your aiming for. I will separately judge the terrain and architecture blocks.
_/10
Mobs: This is based on how much mobs you have completely edited. If none of the mobs are edited, this portion will be passed.
_/10
Items: This includes tools, armors, foods, ores, and any more objects you can hold in your inventory.
_/10
Music and Sound: This will be use rarely if there's any edits on any source of sound.
_/10
Total:(Range of 0-10 with decimals up to the tenths).

I may get rid of a portion because you either have a lack or no edits on it. For skins, it is still the traditional way as before, but i will give it a 0-10 system at the end.

Note: Before your post your resource pack, PLEASE make sure its has most of the terrain done. For that is the minimum you can post your resource pack.
Stoven
Level 33 : Artisan Spider Rider

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/26/2013 4:32 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Scribe
CK20XX
Eh... heck with it. I'll throw my hat into this ring too. This resource pack of mine is largely responsible for me being as into Minecraft as I am. It includes its own language file, so don't forget to select that too when you try it out. It's also somewhat animation heavy, so I hope your computer doesn't choke on it. People have been saying that they think it's excellent, and if they're right, then I'd like more people to see it so they can enjoy it too. The notoriety from a review could help with that.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... ck-bomber/
08/25/2013 10:04 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blockhead
xX_Jess_xX
Hey yeah i apologize about deleting my resource pack before you got the chance to review it, some certain issues where bugged and had some serious problems with audio. So i had to remove it and make major changes. But now this is the new updated version and I've added extra things. Including new textures and mobs sound and custom font and GUI. Here is the link. Thank you -Jess-

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/picmix-16/
08/24/2013 1:38 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Geek
OneSidedBattle
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/the-hunter-2406315/
And please compare it to the concept art in the description.
08/24/2013 1:06 am
Level 36 : Artisan Robot
eliminer01
Bump... Did you forget this thread again, Gms+?
08/19/2013 11:24 pm
Level 40 : Master Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
Thank you for the review of my texture pack. I just released an update, one of the things changed was the title menu image, which you said was the first problem with it you had. Can you tell me if you like it better than it was? It's still temporary, though, just to fix a problem because I can't have it at half-res like I wanted, or it will map wrong.
08/17/2013 10:00 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Whiteops1221
Hmmmm what forum am in
08/17/2013 9:56 pm
Level 47 : Master Dragonborn
Diddo
100th Woohoo!
08/17/2013 9:51 pm
Level 47 : Master Engineer
WeeHeeHee
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... -faithful/

I think you will find this to be an interesting one to review, and I appreciate any feedback. Inside there is a link to my custom version which I invite you to try, but it is based off the Faithful version.
08/17/2013 9:51 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
DragoPug
08/17/2013 9:43 pm
Stoven
I think I gotten everyone's request with the exception of some that were either deleted for some reason. I'm talking to xX_Jess_xX and minitrixer here. yours were deleted. Good I guess?

I also gotten some different requests other than skins and texture packs. I'm gonna go thru these first before the resource pack reviews.

@zipnwizz, you look fabulous! 10/10

@CleverUserName01, though I made a story before, I never tried to judge someone's story. I'll try to see if I can do it...

It's such a short story, but nice description on the scenes. The concept of the plot is good for me but nothing blew me away. 7.5/10? Well, I see why I don't review stories.

Now finally to the resource packs!

Mine Velvet (1.6.2) (16x16)
To hopper131313,
Presentation:

Let’s take a look at your texture pack! The pictures and front image are interesting. What I’m intrigued about is the information about it. You go further by telling where you get your inspirations and even crediting other people. The guis and buttons have great colors. But here’s the part I won’t say anything positive, the font. It tries to make it pop out of the buttons, but it’s more distracting for me. I can’t run for 10 seconds in creative mode without looking at the ridiculous font when I’m trying to get a block, but I gotten used to it and it’s worth it. It’s so different and unique. I say keep the font, but the health bar needs changing though just because I didn’t even know it was a health bar when I looked at it the first time.
8.4/10
Blocks:

The terrain here is more realistic with a sense of fantasy than modern. Its actually more like a reboot of the default resource pack. It’s a simple idea but It’s a great simple idea. The architecture is more decent to my eyes. There’s barely any contrast to these building blocks. But the main concern I have is the underground texture. The stone is unrealistically smooth, which make the ores look fake and no one likes fake diamond ores. There are some blocks that stand out like the obsidian, nether blocks, and wood, but there’s a huge hole filled with ok blocks like the sand and dispenser that need to get contrast. Your lava though looks decent, just contrast it.
7.2/10
Mobs:

So the mobs in this resource pack are making this more of a “vanilla reboot”. Most of the mobs look the exactly the same but with enhanced features. Some do work like the zombies but some looks like u added a coat of gray paint on it. Contrast seems to be your worst enemy. On the side note, what happened to the villager’s significant nose? They look more human! Even the iron golem turning into a real boy. Strange idea but fits the theme well.
7.9/10
Items:

The items… oh just name your resource pack “The Vanilla Reboot Resource Pack”. They look more enhanced than their counterparts. The ones that are unique does stand out especially the spear gun. The weaponry and armor are good and the rest feels like that. This resource pack overall is just good in general, but for a theme of realism, It does well totally. I forgot to mention that the art pieces there makes the theme kinda more of the modern feel.
8.7/10
Total: 8.1/10 for a great reboot of the vanilla resource pack with enhanced features but a lack of strong contrast

Vivid Torrential Changes (16x16)
To insomniac_lemon
Presentation:

Alright, lets dig into this thing here. Pictures are promising, information is good. Ah you claimed that this is an old texture pack from 2 years ago. I reckon you had a lot of time to make yours outstanding. The guis and font looks great above the interesting background. The first problem I encountered was the “Minecraft” in the title screen. Can’t you make the letters more thick? The other guis look outstanding with the design layout of all guis that exist in the game.
9.2/10
Blocks:

When you give it that vivid, happy theme, you go over the top. The terrain and architecture blocks are so colorful and happy that I don’t even rage quit to creepers! The pattern of the blocks are very unique and diverse from each other, but I’m being too nice about it not because of the happy theme to it but because there’s small repetition on the ores. They have the same pattern. Give it variety like you did to the other blocks.
9.6/10
Mobs
:
The mobs here are wonderful. The friendly mobs look more better than their counterparts. The sheep’s eyes are enormous but the villager’s from space surprise me even more. I will talk about the sounds later but the way they look, incredible. This is what I thought the villagers are like to me; weird things. The iron golem just looks so different. The head is like a tiny leaf with a smiley face. Its strange, but interesting. One thing that is bad though is the snow golem with the pumpkin head. The jack lantern design is not working it for me. It looks flat and not 3-D.
9.3/10
Items: (Compass and day-night timer is not functioning)

Items are a plus. The 3-d look of them are stunning and most are just creative. The floppy disks are just funny to me for some reason and the animations are great. There 1 technical fault on this and it is the leather armor. Its broken since I cannot dye it to a new color. No red armor for me today. The armor and weapons are not unique when compared to the blocks. Maybe try give the tools and weapon a different shape.
8.8/10
Music and Sound:
The sound just makes the atmosphere more humorous. The way the aliens sound and the zombies makes me chuckle a bit. I don’t have much to say about it but it’s a well done in my books
9/10
Total: 9.2/10 for intriguing use of a vivid and happy theme on the resource pack with surprising patterns and layouts.
08/14/2013 3:35 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
Minitrixter
08/14/2013 3:15 pm
eliminer01
Gms+
MechaniCraft 1.6 (16x16)
To eliminer01,
Presentation:
Ok I got some mixed feelings with this one. Though I wasn’t proud of the front pic you used and how I can’t see your other pictures, but the backstory is interesting. It’s a great way to know what this resource pack is all about! Since I do like a post-apocalyptic pack and the 100% completion, I’m hyped out checking this out. First off, the guis here are well designed. I liked how the names changed too to give it that theme. This is going to be a good review I hope…
9.3/10
Blocks:

The terrain is wonderful. The colors that affect the landscape and clouds really show that apocalyptic feel. I also laughed on the radioactive can replacing the cactus. The thing that bothers me the most is the cobweb. It’s all Red with no resemblance to a web. The architecture though is bad. The colors it has and the contrast is not close to represent the theme. The ores are cheap looking. Maybe adding some age will make it more like an ore. The coals bother me the most though. I don’t know what it supposed to be like the pumpkins you remade.
6.4/10
Mobs:

There are some unique mobs and the not so unique. The dangerous mobs are very different from their counterparts. They are great designs except for the zombie. It just looks too strange to me. Mostly they look like a failed attempt at robots. The friendly mobs are okay. They don’t look mutated as the other mobs. The chickens though, awesome job with them. The red eyes got my attention.
8/10
Items:

Look at all the the items, and the different names. This is what I’m talking about for a resource pack! There’s much to talk about here. The arrow and bow are replaced with a plasma gun. The weapons have creative names. The armors are excellent… But some of the items are not done yet. Probably in the next update you can fix that since you said you’re all done with your resource pack. The negative side is though is some items could use some shading.
9/10
Total: 8.2/10 for a creative theme done with creative items and mobs with a disastrous result of the blocks.

Thanks a lot! What items did you refer to by "not done"? I didn't put much effort in the food items because I didn't have any good ideas, so I will probably change them in a future update. Also, what did you mean here?
The architecture though is bad. The colors it has and the contrast is not close to represent the theme.

I have changed all the mineral blocks, the glass, the stone bricks, the bricks, some minor design changes to planks... What made the "disastrous result of the blocks"? Explain more, and maybe I will make the pack better. BTW, coal ore is supposed to be old battery scrap parts (just because I wanted electrical furnaces ). Will work more on the other ores though. Pumpkins are radiation helmets if you wondered. Thanks for a very good review!
08/14/2013 1:17 pm
Stoven
Well I keep no promises, but I am back with reviews. I will keep reviewing resource packs by starting off with 2. I will finish the other request I can tell you that, but i cannot guarantee you when it'll be done. Now lets start off by saying...
@Bobbinz, I cannot review your texture pack again for 2 reasons.
1. I already done it 2 times.
2. The feedback was awful with no improvements from the last review.

and @Mr_Trl, your texture pack is gone, nowhere to be found.

Red-Moon (32x32)
To 300AB,

Presentation:
Let’s see what this has to offer… oh haha I get it, it’s a red moon. By the looks of it, the color palette is similar to the default resource pack. The presentation looks promising already, IF it actually 100% done. The gui’s is dull but has a sleek, modern design. I feel like some of the gui like the creative one looks incomplete, but overall, It works for the other colors of the resource pack.
8.6/10
Blocks:
The blocks are like the faithful pack, no it is the faithful pack, but with dull colors. Both terrain and architecture are vague and doesn’t show colorful features. The worse problem you have with this is the inconsistency of theme. I thought this is an HD remake of the default but some of the blocks look like it belongs to a new theme, like the ore blocks. They look amazing, but it mostly belongs to a medieval theme. Also, some of the blocks aren’t finish. Maybe finish making the nether blocks or the new blocks for 1.6. Maybe try to think of a new theme that belongs with ALL the blocks.
6.8/10
Mobs:
(No rating since the majority of the mobs is incomplete. I will give you credit for the nice color for the slime, but I will give you thumbs down for an awful remake of the creeper and zombie.)
Items:
(No rating again for the same reason.)
Total: 5.0/10 for incompletion of work and lack of theme. You lied to me about being 100%! That’s not good!
MechaniCraft 1.6 (16x16)
To eliminer01,
Presentation:
Ok I got some mixed feelings with this one. Though I wasn’t proud of the front pic you used and how I can’t see your other pictures, but the backstory is interesting. It’s a great way to know what this resource pack is all about! Since I do like a post-apocalyptic pack and the 100% completion, I’m hyped out checking this out. First off, the guis here are well designed. I liked how the names changed too to give it that theme. This is going to be a good review I hope…
9.3/10
Blocks:

The terrain is wonderful. The colors that affect the landscape and clouds really show that apocalyptic feel. I also laughed on the radioactive can replacing the cactus. The thing that bothers me the most is the cobweb. It’s all Red with no resemblance to a web. The architecture though is bad. The colors it has and the contrast is not close to represent the theme. The ores are cheap looking. Maybe adding some age will make it more like an ore. The coals bother me the most though. I don’t know what it supposed to be like the pumpkins you remade.
6.4/10
Mobs:

There are some unique mobs and the not so unique. The dangerous mobs are very different from their counterparts. They are great designs except for the zombie. It just looks too strange to me. Mostly they look like a failed attempt at robots. The friendly mobs are okay. They don’t look mutated as the other mobs. The chickens though, awesome job with them. The red eyes got my attention.
8/10
Items:

Look at all the the items, and the different names. This is what I’m talking about for a resource pack! There’s much to talk about here. The arrow and bow are replaced with a plasma gun. The weapons have creative names. The armors are excellent… But some of the items are not done yet. Probably in the next update you can fix that since you said you’re all done with your resource pack. The negative side is though is some items could use some shading.
9/10
Total: 8.2/10 for a creative theme done with creative items and mobs with a disastrous result of the blocks.
08/13/2013 8:27 pm
Level 40 : Master Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
I would extremely love some detailed feedback on my resource pack. I've been working on it for over 2 years and have gotten very little feedback.
08/13/2013 2:52 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blockhead
xX_Jess_xX
Hey would you mind reviewing my resource pack for me please. It's still being made and eventually will have a custom texture pack to go with it. As of now its just focused around providing new sounds to replace vanilla minecraft and sound aspect.

Jesskraft Resource Pack Version 1.1 Here
08/13/2013 12:34 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
hopper131313
Is he still doing these?
08/02/2013 10:20 pm
Level 29 : Expert Toast
CleverUserName01
Review my stories
08/02/2013 10:17 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
hopper131313
08/02/2013 9:00 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
zipnwizz
look at me plz
07/31/2013 1:30 am
Stoven
I'm sincerely sorry for keeping you guys waiting for me. I didn't even know that this topic is still going strong! I will continue critiquing your resource packs and skins! Just give me a day or 2 and I will post of what I think about your stuff. Thank you for your patience, and thanks eliminer01 for reviving this thread as I forgotten this exists.
07/28/2013 4:21 am
Level 1 : New Hunter
Mr_Trl
07/28/2013 3:05 am
eliminer01
Reviving awesome topic, please wait... 18% 65% 99%... Awesome topic has been revived. System will now shut down.

I just came here because I want a review of my new resource pack MechaniCraft! Uploaded it yesterday and it's already quite popular

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/mechanicraft-16/
07/15/2013 1:05 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Blacksmith
300AB
Have a look at my texture pack please? (It's 1.6.1)

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/red-moon/
07/12/2013 1:51 pm
eliminer01
Going to upload my future-tech-apocalypse themed pack MechaniCraft soon! It's a texture+language resource pack, and i will upload it in about 2 weeks
07/07/2013 4:11 pm
Level 25 : Expert Nerd
Bobbinz
I declare a re-review of BobbinCraft now it has been heavily updated. http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/bobbincraft
07/01/2013 5:20 pm
Stoven
UPDATE**: For the 1.6.1 update, I will change the name to "Let me review your resource packs and skins!". Also, I added a new section when I review the next resource pack, music and sound. If you have a resource pack, post it here for me to review.
06/25/2013 1:57 pm
Stoven
Here's another one, but this time he did not requested here if you are confused.

CSB 1.5.2 and 13w24c ready:
To cool_st0ry_bro,
Presentation:
A lot of stuff to say about this section. Your views and downloads are ridiculous for a texture pack that is brand new from 2 months ago. But the question is, is it that good? Well, the presentation is very well put. Pictures are fantastic! (and I am not saying that because I took one of those..) Every I need to know is here colorful and set….except for the theme. There’s no indication of what theme you’re driving for. So I have to find out myself. Anyways, the guis are simply amazing, especially on survival mode. It’s just a step up really. Everything else seems to work out good, but the health bar. I get it’s very creative but it’s too weird for me.
9.1/10
Blocks:
The terrain looks really great with the altered change in color. It is more saturated, full of life. I am still confused though about your theme. I’m guessing it’s simplistic. The sand though is too simplistic compared to other blocks. There is little to none contrast. Try adding more noise at least. The rest of the terrain looks similar to vanilla. So is it a vanilla themed? I am in a dilemma of themes here! The underground is not bad, nothing too special. The individual blocks itself is a mess of different themes. It is very difficult for me to give a legitimate review because of no theme explained. But what I seen have some potential, like the block of ores and the colors of all the blocks. Oh yea, where’s the hole for the doors? I like it where you can see what next room you’re going to. Imagine mobs are waiting for you and the door have no holes. That will be a bad situation. I also think that the glass block is too transparent with connecting textures. For a big room that has a large window, it looks like you can walk into it.
7.5/10
Mobs:
Seeing the villagers are hilarious, especially on the blacksmith. They are really great edits, but I can’t take it seriously when the room looks realistic and the villagers look like cartoons! The other mobs are very impressive for a cartoon theme but like I said, stick with 1 theme! To be honest, a cartoon theme fits you the best. I’m really intrigued on these mobs. They stick with the vanilla theme but it’s a twist to give a new look. The ghast though, really scaring me out. Just about every mob in the nether makes me just as scared as the next person. It surprisingly fits 1 theme.
9.5/10
Items:
Wow, even the items follow the same theme as the mobs, for only a few. It is now in a medieval theme look, for all of them. For a theme like that, it is actually pretty great. The armors are very unique and creative and so for the tools and weapons. The other items do follow the theme great. The potions though look too contrast by the stripes. Either take it away or find a new pattern to soothe it.
9.0/10
Total: 8.8/10 for amazing edits but a total mess for themes.
06/23/2013 7:15 pm
Stoven
Another lone review. Remember, if you need a critique, the best place is here!

Boba Fett
To BobaTheFett,
What caught my attention the most is the helmet. Most of the details are clear thanks to the colors, but that what only drawn my attention. The rest is mediocre with a confusing pattern that boggles my mind. It messes my brain too much! Find a better pattern on the front armor to make it flow. The rest are a good job particularly on the detailed features. One advice, put more rust and darkness on the yellows.
8.3/10 for great appearance but distracting pattern on the front.
06/22/2013 3:31 pm
Level 21 : Expert Hunter
BobaTheFett
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/boba-fett-2185681/

If you get the time, I'd appreciate it.
06/22/2013 3:29 pm
Stoven
Alrite, brand new blog!

My 4th blog is now available,

Do check it out: http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/minecrafts-in-the-bag-4-skins-are-invading/
06/18/2013 3:23 pm
Stoven
Just only one skin review for today :<.

Legitcraft Official New Skin:
To mrbliss1 again,
Actually, let me rename it to herobrine as a younger self. He’s rocking it with the headphones but still dangerous. The overall appearance is great, especially the jacket which shows a creeper. The colors do match but they are too bright. I wonder if you were trying to get retro with him. Make the colors darker and find a better shading technique
8.4/10 for cool looking design, but still need fine adjustments.
06/17/2013 1:26 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Modder
mrbliss1
Hey man can u now review my latest skin. Pm me if not white which one it is.
06/16/2013 6:36 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Goblin
goneeeeeeee
Gms+
Alien Holo-Bot:
To Asturar,
That’s actually a very great concept design. With details that are unique, the color and costume looks very intriguing and I wonder, how can you take 12 hours to make this? Usually I make my skins at a minimum of 30 minutes to 2 hours. But lets get serious. The shading could use some work. I recommend adding more contrast to the awkward choice of green. It’s too bright anyways.
8.6/10 for its nice character design that could presented better.

Remember, you can always submit your stuff here. Just be warned, I will go hard on it .

Thanks For being straight with me, and it took most of the time to find a reference picture that my computer magically deleted somehow.
06/16/2013 6:23 pm
Level 26 : Expert Narwhal
Takeshidude
Gms+It took me a long time to get these reviews finish, but I can finally show it to you guys. I can now start working on my 4th blog of the best texture packs that have potential to be a great one.

[Aether II Support] Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy:
To Takeshidude,
Presentation:
Alright, so this is a Jak and Daxter themed texture pack. I have to be honest, I’m not such a huge fan myself but if I take on a perspective of a fan, this would make me screech. Anyways, not bad of a presentation, thank you for making it obvious of the theme you’re doing. Somehow, the guis are not changed one bit, so it will not influence the rating.
7/10
Blocks:
Its not so different from being a remixed version of the default texture pack. Its very similar that the only bits that are actually different is the dullness of colors you added to it. The sands are more greyish and the diamonds are more realistic with colorless features. Also, the stones are too bright, which makes mossy stone bricks look awful. But I’m missing the obvious change, the redstone is now blue and the other blocks somehow follow the theme. It is a great change from red to blue but I actually like seeing this. The wood is nicely retouched. If you were to make it more alien from the default texture pack, it could have done better.
6.2/10
Mobs:
Absolutely positively nothing has changed.
(No rating)
Items:
I keep seeing a pattern; you stay relatively close to the default. The weapons and armor are altered but it stayed true to the default. The other changes though are obvious like the enderpearl. It would look great with shading but it just looks like a circle. You follow the theme well and that’s all I care about.
7.2/10
Total:
7/10 for following the theme of both default and Jak and Daxter with some exceptions like its dullness of colors and lack of editing.

Thanks for being straight with me; now I've got something to work towards
06/16/2013 6:12 pm
Stoven
It took me a long time to get these reviews finish, but I can finally show it to you guys. I can now start working on my 4th blog of the best texture packs that have potential to be a great one.

[Aether II Support] Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy:
To Takeshidude,
Presentation:
Alright, so this is a Jak and Daxter themed texture pack. I have to be honest, I’m not such a huge fan myself but if I take on a perspective of a fan, this would make me screech. Anyways, not bad of a presentation, thank you for making it obvious of the theme you’re doing. Somehow, the guis are not changed one bit, so it will not influence the rating.
7/10
Blocks:
Its not so different from being a remixed version of the default texture pack. Its very similar that the only bits that are actually different is the dullness of colors you added to it. The sands are more greyish and the diamonds are more realistic with colorless features. Also, the stones are too bright, which makes mossy stone bricks look awful. But I’m missing the obvious change, the redstone is now blue and the other blocks somehow follow the theme. It is a great change from red to blue but I actually like seeing this. The wood is nicely retouched. If you were to make it more alien from the default texture pack, it could have done better.
6.2/10
Mobs:
Absolutely positively nothing has changed.
(No rating)
Items:
I keep seeing a pattern; you stay relatively close to the default. The weapons and armor are altered but it stayed true to the default. The other changes though are obvious like the enderpearl. It would look great with shading but it just looks like a circle. You follow the theme well and that’s all I care about.
7.2/10
Total:
7/10 for following the theme of both default and Jak and Daxter with some exceptions like its dullness of colors and lack of editing.

MCClassicality [1.5.2] [16x16] [WIP]
To charizardfan21, (another pokemon fan ^^)
Presentation:
Ok, the presentation has a video. Something I would look forward to so I know what the texture pack will look like. The description was very brief so I won’t need to read paragraphs of information like the other texture packs. The guis are interesting for buttons and that was really it for the editing part.
8.2/10
Blocks:
The terrain blocks are retouched to simplify the default texture pack. It really does work out in most biomes. Also, the underground just looks fantastic. With an interesting perspective of ores and stones, another brand new adventure awaits when I meet with simplicity. The architecture looks the same as the default to be honest. I have nothing to say about it. Well actually, the bricks don’t look bold enough so add some more contrast.
8.5/10
Mobs:
The zombies are an enderman wannabe. Actually, they look cool without the mouth. The other mobs look their default counterparts but without the noise.
(Not a lot of editing so no rating)
Items:
Most of the items just look very basic, especially the food. Who wants to eat square bits of beef? It a little twist but not bad. The armor and weapons are ok. It could of done better if the swords look more different from the default.
7.6/10
Total:
8.1/10 for interesting terrain feel but needs staggering improvement on architecture and creativity of simplicity.

LegitCraft 1.5 Texture Pack - Officail Server Texture Pack: (Nice typo there buddy!)
To mrbliss1,
Presentation:
Now I remember you. I reviewed your ghost skin before. It was not bad, so let’s see if this is better than your skin. Um, what? Where are the in-game pictures? Looks like you the photographer was sleeping in the job. I would really like to see what the texture pack looks like before I download it, instead of seeing absolutely random things on the slideshow. Its just a mess! At least you didn’t mess up the description… And that’s where I whine. Why would you “Borrow” blocks from other well-known texture packs? When you make a texture pack, everything needs to be original; made by you. At least you were honest and said you “borrow” texture. Anyways, the guis are great by its colors and textures, except for that ridiculous blue “Legitcraft” on top of the screen. It just popped out of nowhere. Change the color at least.
3/10
Blocks:
Well it looks… you know what, I can’t go on this review with the lack of editing you put on this texture pack. Its my fault that I should add a rule that it needs to be mostly done but seriously man? The majority of blocks, mobs, and items are just unedited. Oh wait, I see textures that are “borrowed” That’s really about it! Its like you just mix all the texture packs in the pmc universe and merge into 1 unoriginal piece. Please for all minecraft’s sake, PLEASE finish the texture pack. I would of bombarded you with paragraphs about your evil, diabolical plans of your texture pack but I must warn you. Do please finish the texture pack with A LEGITIMATE 100% completion or a 50% at least. Thanks!
Total: 0/10 for incompletion.

BobbinCraft:
To Bobbinz,
Welcome back. I remember from my last review of your texture pack didn’t do so well. The theme was all mixed up so I hope you either follow my advice or ignore it completely. And I also said that if its halfway done, I will give it a legitimate in-depth review. So here it is…
Presentation:
Oh wow, it actually has in-game pictures. It looks nice overall but what is up with the random dialogue in the description? I mean you tried to put me in the action in the texture pack but its not necessary unless there’s a mod with it and that would make sense. Now what makes me very confused is the guis. What happened to the buttons? Looks like they are late for their jobs. If you were trying to experiment, it didn’t work so well. It looks very awkward and I was actually having a hard time opening worlds with this mess. And what happened with the title? Bobbin CRAFT? Comic sans doesn’t fix anything, especially this presentation. Oh yea, again, Microsoft paint alert! Just get rid of the texture pack icon! It seriously looks scary now.
5.5/10
Blocks:
It doesn’t look different at all from the last time. I actually try to spot the difference since I actually have the outdated one. The terrain has all the problems from the last time. The theme is irregular by its realism and simplicity, but you manage to edit more blocks, which looks great without thinking of the theme. I do like the wool if it were ALL completed. Try to complete all of it. I don’t know what to say anymore. It’s the same mistakes from the last review, fix them I tell you!
5.8/10
Mobs:
You barely put effort to it. The cows and creepers don’t look robotic because of its eyewear. It mostly looks like they were preparing a Halloween costume. By the way, the sheep is the next herobrine?
Lack of editing, No rating.
Items:
Why there’s blood on the iron weapons and armor. There’s no purpose for doing that if you are deciding the rest do not have traces of it. The rest actually look intriguing, but the rest are not edited at all again.
Therefore, no rating.
Total: 5.65/10 for item creativity but all crumbles by previous mistakes.

my first skin: (Nice name bro!)
To madisonjack01,
Not bad for a first skin. Its like the female version of steve because the choice of cloths. It could of done better by adding some shading and reducing the noise. For the hair and facial features, you did excellent on them.
6.5/10 for its ups on facial features and hair and its downs on clothing.

Alien Holo-Bot:
To Asturar,
That’s actually a very great concept design. With details that are unique, the color and costume looks very intriguing and I wonder, how can you take 12 hours to make this? Usually I make my skins at a minimum of 30 minutes to 2 hours. But lets get serious. The shading could use some work. I recommend adding more contrast to the awkward choice of green. It’s too bright anyways.
8.6/10 for its nice character design that could presented better.

Remember, you can always submit your stuff here. Just be warned, I will go hard on it .
06/16/2013 6:04 am
mrbliss1
06/15/2013 9:01 pm
Level 25 : Expert Unicorn
madisonjack01
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/my- ... n-2170332/

Please review this texture pack it would help alot for the community to know my first atempt on a minecraft skin
06/15/2013 8:44 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Goblin
goneeeeeeee
Please review my "Alien Holo-Bot" skin.
06/15/2013 8:39 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pokemon
charizardfan21
06/15/2013 8:31 pm
Level 26 : Expert Narwhal
Takeshidude
Here's my Jak and Daxter themed pack.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... y-2088455/
06/09/2013 6:54 pm
Stoven
We got some more skins. I try to be offensive for comical reasons so if you are offended, you are warned. @mrbliss1, I will just review 1 of your skins because it was the best amongst all the other skins.

Dragon Rider:
To VelociCraftor,
Looks like he is ready to venture out in minecraft. The colors scheme works perfectly and I like the blending of green and brown. The shaders look great but the hair is too noisy and large. It doesn’t even look like hair, it’s more of a haystack for horses to eat. Create more details and lessen the noise on the hair. Though it looks a bit generic, he looks like link….only without a sword and a hat.
8.2/10

Awesomenrh's skin:
To awesomenrh,
It looks he just woke up, took a 2 minute shower, and wore the first clothing he sees. I mean, it looks like he doesn’t care what he wears but still trying to force himself to be funny. I’ll give you points for the nice choice of shading but you got to have more creativity in your body. Also don’t force humor. Leave the tongue alone and draw him a smiley face. Overall, he looks dolefully boring to wear the skin.
3.4/10

Ghost:
To mrbliss1,
Oh wow, someone made a cat angry and clawed his face off. The blood is a lot, but it is necessary? Either A. Add more blood to the sides and back, B. Only leave the face filled with blood or C. Every pixel is bloody red. I keep saying blood and I don’t know why. But anyways, the brown only choice is a good idea, but you could add contrast to the shirt to make it more like a jacket. In conclusion, blood solves everything for this skin.
6.8/10
06/08/2013 3:24 pm
mrbliss1
06/08/2013 3:20 pm
mrbliss1
Hey mate can you rate my skins instead of a texture pack??? if so pm me
06/08/2013 2:48 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Farmer
fuckdom
06/08/2013 2:42 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Ranger
VelociCraftor
Want to review this skin?
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/dra ... r-1809563/
Thank you!
06/07/2013 7:07 pm
Stoven
alright, I got both of your reviews here, please do check them out.
Lunatic
To BERTY_TH3_P0NY,
This is massacre; It literally is. What I’m looking at is a mess of pixels all over the screen. The face the clothes are all wrong. I seriously do imagine this guy in a better version of himself but this what happens when an experiment goes wrong. Try to actually spend quality work on it instead of slapping a sticker saying it is complete.
3/10

Golbez22's Medieval Texturepack
To Golbez22,
Presentation:
So this is another medieval texture pack, but there’s a catch. You have a challenge that I would never do. You said that every block on the game will be different and unique in its own way. After I analyzed at all the pictures, you had work very hard to reach that goal. Your presentation showed off the fantastic architecture and landscape of the textures. Also, your guis match with the theme, showing your style.
9.4/10
Blocks:
Let’s see if every block is different from each other… Oh my. The landscape is impeccable; one of a kind I honestly have to say. Its variety of blocks can be useful for survival mode for mostly adventuring. From building huts to mining in abandon mineshafts, it is obvious that the connecting textures helped a lot to make this texture pack very unique plus the better skies. You even made me want to go survival mode myself after ignoring it for months. But what’s this? My eyes are boggled by the failure of blending stone to dirt. I used optifine and try every setting but nothing fixes it. It looks awful in extreme hills biome and it really deceives people from knowing the absolute beauty of your texture pack. For the architecture, you nailed it. The white wool is absolutely perfect and you made it useful for the medieval theme. I also liked the villager’s houses and so as my large mansions. It looks more medieval. Keep working on some of those unfinished blocks and fix that major error.
9/10
Mobs:
Pigs and sheep are nicely redone…
(No rating since this is the only 2 mobs that are edited.)
Items:
That’s some decent armor. I wish it could had some more contrast or had some rust to show some realism…
(No rating for the same reason)
Total: 9.2/10 for its remarkable variety of blocks that satisfy both creative and survival mode experiences, but also for the major error on stone blending dirt and lack of edits for most of the texture pack. (I do not know if you are aiming for a texture pack that only has the blocks edit or a fully edited one.)
06/08/2013 2:31 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
BERTY_TH3_P0NY
I like that you took the "Feel free to be offensive" thing seriously.
06/06/2013 1:31 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Dwarf
Golbez22
06/06/2013 11:36 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
BERTY_TH3_P0NY
Could you please review my skin. Feel free to be offensive, I made it late at night.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/lunatic-2170068/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome