🌍 The PMC Weekly April 19th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC β€’ 4/19/20 1:33 pm history
42 emeralds 1.6k 21
4/22/2020 2:17 pm
Pluss_'s Avatar Pluss_

Happy Sunday! There's so much happening on the site between official/community events and contests, small doodle events, challenges and the forum feed - we hope you've found something to delve into and keep yourself occupied while having fun at the same time! Here's a recap of this week's activity!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

location_cityPROCEDURAL METROPOLIS PROJECT CONTEST

We're nearing the deadline for this contest! In case you missed it, this contest involves downloading a starter map and building on the provided 6 plots! The end result will be one BIG city made up of your submissions!

Gheppio built a few examples this week to
show you what style we're looking for [​see below].

Deadline: April 27
icon

Small modern house 1x1 Minecraft Map & ProjectThe Ascension Theatre Minecraft Map & ProjectFlower shops Minecraft Map & Project
See more examples in this collection!

THE MEME DREAM
The deadline for the April Tools Meme Scheme Skin Contest is approaching - put those pepe hands to work and pick a meme, any meme! And make a skin. Skin a meme you may. You know what I meme?

Deadline: April 27
We're also nearing the deadline for the Nature Walk Event!

Some key points:
  • There are no winners, this is purely for fun!
  • Everyone receives a participation badge for their trophy case!
  • You can enter up to 5 times!
Butterflies, bambi, birds, trees, turtles, ferns, flowers.. whatever your nature heart desires!

Deadline
: April 30
icon

🌼 Is your profile spring/nature themed?! We want to see! Tag us and we will add you to the list in the Event Discussion Thread and you'll be featured in the event summary when the event concludes!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

RESULTS
Results have been announced for elfie_'s Mythical Skin Contest! There were a total of 66 entries, all of which you can see in this collection.

1st Place
"the long night of hidden truths"

by Zulphiroo

2nd Place
"Oceanic"
by Michiru

3rd Place
"Medusa"
by Myristica

NEW!
It's Wildcard_Gamer's FOURTH palette The palettes are titled "Yarn, Prism, Drip and Catacombs". Head on over to this forum post and vote for the one you want to see the community challenged with!

You have 6 more days to vote!

Wildcard also launched another reshade contest, so after you've voted for a palette, head on over and check out their 200 subscriber reshade! Winner receives a request and all participants get a pixel trophy!

Lord of the Mobs is a mob skin contest hosted by axoskeleton where your goal is to make a mob skin of the scariest, most dangerous or even the most beautiful creature you've ever read about or seen a movie clip of in Middle-Earth. The contest states: " You can take inspiration from the books, movies like LOTR or the Hobbit, or even from games like Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War."

Deadline: May 10
Vezriya is celebrating their 70 SUBSCRIBERS milestone and hosting a special SKIN CONTEST! This contest has NO theme, so let that creativity flow through your veins and paint those pixels with

Deadline:
May 17
PKMNmastercass is hosting a Mob Skin Contest with the theme: Fishing! You must only use aquatic mob skins including cod, salmon, turtle, dolphin, guardian, pufferfish, tropical fish, squid or fishing bobber (not a complete list, be sure to check out her forum thread comments for some more ideas!)

Deadline: May 14
If you're a fan of reshade contests, here are two more that were launched this week!Whiteout- reshade features this skin. Deadline for Feather reshade contest ends APRIL 25!

The next reshade is being hosted by
PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft and it's their first ever reshade contest! It features an alex skin with long black hair and a purple shirt! Deadline is MAY 20!
Feather - Reshade Contest Minecraft Skin
feather reshade
~My First Reshade Contest~ Minecraft Skin
first reshade

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed ContestSustainable Small Town10MasterApril 30
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed ContestSpace, the Final Frontier πŸš€haha429TODAY
Reshade ContestThe GathererChaotic StupidApril 20
Reshade ContestFeatherWhiteout-April 25
Themed ContestMake Yourself πŸ‘‹InroEnd of April
🐷 (Mobskins) Type

Themed ContestPokéMobs ⚑ArcaneKnightTODAY
Cat Contest
Dat Cat Contest
funnykitten1April 20
Themed ContestNether MobsMiningTurtle675April 20
πŸ‘½ (Other) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Photo ChallengeIndoor Photography πŸ“Έ DinowCookieApril 20
Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events!

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

SKINS
This cyclops sea creature titled "From the Depths" was submitted this week and is one of 16 gorgeous skins by Obscurum, who joined the site just last month! The blue, purple and green palette are perfect for this tentacle and tailed ocean animal.

We can't wait to see more of their work!
From the Depths Minecraft Skin

ART
This week, some members drew their favorite skinners and published their works in wall posts!

The members who participated in this short doodle event include: Inro Nitgo, Sinus Productions, Chabileo, Fishkiss, and DinowCookie! What a wonderful way to show your appreciation and support to your fellow PMC family.

by DinowCookie

all above art by Inro

by Nitgo

by Sinus Productions

by Chabileo

art by Fishkiss

FEATURED YOUTUBER
This week's featured YouTuber goes to a Spanish channel, InfinityCharly! They currently have 150 subscribers and a few Minecraft videos including 100 things to do in minecraft and Their latest video features an overview of the Procedural Metropolis Project Contest which you can find in both English and Spanish Languages!

ondemand_video PMC Spanish community! Vea el video de arriba en español
TRENDING ON REDDIT
Spice up those slimes (no, not with cinnamon) with some super cute hats with this pack by Siscu! These hats give slimes some character, some say they even look "dapper"!

The thread currently has over 180 comments and 21,000 upvotes and 251 comments!

Post image
Also trending on reddit are these super but convenient texture packs by MMStinks that replace dye with a vessel! Currently these are the options to choose from : Dye Bowls, Dye Pots, and Dye Bottles. Which one is your favorite?!

Combined, the threads have over 10k upvotes!

Post image
https://i.redd.it/6nu1ehalhks41.png
FABULOUS FEATURE
Gamefruitpulp's PMC Minecraft showcase this week was of Lockenoia's massive build, Hungarian Parliament. This build is a 2:1 scale of the actual real life building, which is located and Budapest. The video tours the outside and inside of the building, giving you a bunch of fun facts along the way!

Fun Fact: The building in real life includes 40 million bricks, .5 million precious stones and 40 kg of gold!

FREE download for the map is available!

ο»Ώ

NETHER LOVE

Through the roll-out of the latest Nether snapshots, members have been inspired to create new content! If you're behind on the latest Nether Update Snapshots, we just wrote about them on this forum thread.

First up we have slicedlime, who created a really cool music video with the new music disc, Pigstep. They fly through bastions where you can see piglins and zoglins roaming. The track is being claimed as the best track in Minecraft and we couldn't agree more!

kimandjax used the new Nether Blocks as inspiration in their Blackstone Chains Build which features BIG chains with 1 block wide portals in the middle. ALL of the portals in this build work. She encourages you to use the chains and paste them into your own worlds!

IF you could choose JUST ONE of these new #Minecraft 1.16 blocks [​pictured right] to be included in your world, which one would it be and why?!

Read about the latest snapshots and chime in on your thoughts here: https://bit.ly/2wUmHjO

Image source: https://bit.ly/2xvDM3W
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake