🌍 The PMC Weekly April 25th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC4/25/20 1:38 pm history
56 emeralds 1.8k 22
5/23/2020 3:06 pm
McJoeGames's Avatar McJoeGames
X

Happy Saturday! This is the LAST weekend to work on your submissions for the Procedural Metropolis Project Contest and Meme Skin Contest! This week we saw some amazing art, new community contests, a silly story, several amazing builds and other submissions! We hope you've found something to delve into and keep yourself occupied while having fun at the same time! Here's a small snapshot of this week's happenings!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

location_cityPROCEDURAL METROPOLIS PROJECT CONTEST

We're nearing the deadline for this contest! In case you missed it, this contest involves downloading a starter map and building on the provided 6 plots! The end result will be one BIG city made up of your submissions!

Gheppio built a few examples to
show you what style we're looking for [​see below].

Deadline: MONDAY April 27th
icon
! TWO MORE DAYS LEFT !

Small modern house 1x1 Minecraft Map & ProjectThe Ascension Theatre Minecraft Map & ProjectFlower shops Minecraft Map & Project
Tree-side Villa Minecraft Map & ProjectSuspended oblique villa Minecraft Map & ProjectThe Stack - Commercial Gallery Minecraft Map & Project

THE MEME DREAM
The deadline for the April Tools Meme Scheme Skin Contest
is approaching - You have TWO more days left to get your entries in!

Deadline: MONDAY April 27th
We're also nearing the deadline for the Nature Walk Event!

Some key points:
  • There are no winners, this is purely for fun!
  • Everyone receives a participation badge for their trophy case!
  • You can enter up to 5 times!
Butterflies, bambi, birds, trees, turtles, ferns, flowers.. whatever your nature heart desires!

Deadline
: April 30 - next Thursday!
icon

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

RESULTS
Gamefruitpulp announced the winners of his Spring Building Competition!

The runner up of the contest was a collaboration between DeltaResearch and United Valeria. Rolling hills and mountains make up the land, which was DeltaResearch's part of the project. The city side was made by United, and contains colorful buildings and You can download the city here. There's more than enough room on this map to add your own little town!

winner of the competition goes to master-builder75 and includes an apocalyptic mall by master-builder75! The build includes deserted shops and apartments and you'll encounter some skulls of deceased along the way.

NEW!
Mark your calendars! JadeFire170, with the help of some other members, is hosting Prom on MAY 9th! In an attempt to accommodate different times zones, there are 3 different times you can attend: 11AM, 4PM, and 8PM (EST).

This fun event will be hosted on RuinsCraft. Complete instructions can be found on the forum thread!

We can't wait to see everyone's prom skins!

banner made by Sinus Productions
Billii_Smith is hosting their first ever contest, Billi's Palette Contest. In this contest, they're allowing you to enter twice! The pallette contains purples, pinks and blues.

You can import the palette by clicking this link and then "Start!"

Deadline: End of may
In celebration of their 800 subscribers, Kirigiri is hosting a Fantasy Skin contest! The contest details state:

"Let your imagination be free. Like a stag running free in the forest"

Think fairies, unicorns, warlocks, elfs!

Deadline: May 20
-Valery and -DaniL are teaming up to host a Cape Contest! The contest is "dedicated to crazy, beautiful and original capes: be sure to check out the list of rules - if you don't follow them they threaten that you will turn into cheese.

Deadline: May 25

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Infinity ContestPMC Procedural MetropolisPMC & GheppioApril 27
Themed ContestSustainable Small Town10MasterApril 30
Themed EventCommunity Garden Event 🌿CaraRoseMay 4
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Reshade ContestFeatherWhiteout-April 25
Themed ContestPMC April Tools Meme SchemePMCApril 27
Themed ContestMake Yourself 👋InroEnd of April
🐷 (Mobskins) Type

Themed ContestDisturbing Abominations dreamCrittingApril 31
💾 (Mod & Data Pack) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Content Creation ContestHogwarts Event: your projects become a mod!Fishin-ChipsApril 30
Datapack ContestNetherMcJoeGamesMay 1
👽 (Other) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Photo ChallengeIndoor Photography 📸 DinowCookie⚡ April 25
Allround EventFinal Fantasy 🔥memoraApril 30
Allround EventPMC Nature WalkPMCMay 1
Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events!

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

PMCSKIN3D UPDATE
PMCSkin3D received a little update this week! Now you can import reference images and use palettes based off of these images! DinowCookie created a helpful little tutorial, Importing reference images into PMCSkin3D, to show you how it works!

You can also create a palette based off of an image! Neat!

FABULOUS FAN ART
This week we saw a fair amount of fan art on the site!

angelicteaaa made some fanart for an ArtTrade with kichanti! They drew it based off of their skin. Rosalina included everything from the floral hair clips the the purple hair to the striped shirt.

- i wish life was longer - Minecraft Skin
skin by kichanti

In return, KichantiKoku drew a picture that combines two of her skins ++Simple Ways++and ++Dying Inside++.!

++Simple ways++ Minecraft Skin

++Dying Inside++ ++NEW PERSONA++ ++Unshaded++ Minecraft Skin
skins by angelicteaaa

art by kichanti

A rather interesting and unpredictable story popped up in the blog section this week called "Mental Writing" by Whiteout-. The satire includes several PMC Members doing strange things; Cyprezz bakes DinowCookie's and later "tosses" them in people's faces, Culpeo pets a potato, RadioCoyote is captured in a bird cage by Vezriya, and anonpmc2713049 sweeps in and picks up a dinowcookie and flys away, and then they all watch NitgoNews (well, almost everyone).

This story inspired members to create art depicting certain scene:

art by AveryViolets

art by DinowCookie

canday drew this gorgeous art piece of DragonsDungeon's skin "In the cold storm the heart will keep you warm". The picture perfectly captures the emotion and vibe the original skin set out to portray.

Dragons explains in their submission that the concept of this skin came from a song: Open Window by Mitis.

"it has this sad, cold but hopeful vibe that I really liked..." Dragons states. They also point out that it's only the second primarily cold coloured skin as well as being the first on skin light source of this year. We love it!

cheyko's latest art blog post is their 11th one on the site! In this blog, they include art from 2018, 2019 and current artwork as well. Here are a few of our favorites from their submission! You can check out the rest of their art blogs here.

TRENDING ON REDDIT
This GIANT t-rex head by Drago_ went trending on reddit this week! The reddit thread currently has over 30,000 upvotes and over 600 comments! This build is one of three three large creature heads they've made; lion head and dragon head both just as impressive as this t-rex head. We hope to see more of these works of art!

Fun Fact: t-rex's had a life span of around 30 years.
Post image

TERRIFIC TEXTURES
Their first submission on the site, JustTimms Additions published this texture pack that adds custom entity models and changes the textures and GUI.

The pack contains things like connected block textures, random block/mob textures, Blocks that changes per biome and items/blocks that give light in the dark. Oh, and there are a couple of easter eggs!

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake