[1.8/1.6.4][Forge] Xaero's Special Attacks 2.0.1
Get Embed Codes
Level 94 : Overlord Ninja
Please note that items from this mod won't transfer from 1.6.4 to 1.8 so you will have to backup and spawn them in after the update.
This mod is Copyright ©xaero96 and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
Special Attacks mod is inspired by an MMORPG "RuneScape".
The mod makes it possible for you to charge your weapons and perform their special attacks. Special attacks will require special energy which can be restored in multiple ways. The mod is fully multiplayer compatible and can be great for PVP.
The mod description is about the 2.0+ (MC 1.8) version of the mod. For MC 1.6.4 info click here.
What does the mod add?
- Ability to charge any vanilla Minecraft weapons to give them special attacks.
- Specials attacks/effects for all charged weapons.
- Special energy bar above your hunger bar whenever there is a charged weapon in your hotbar.
- 2 categories of special attacks: special attacks and special effects.
- To charge a weapon, simply surround it with 4 Crystals of Energy in a pattern shown in the image below. Please note that the weapon has to be completely unused.
- Charged weapons will also have increased durability. 100 more uses than the normal ones.
- To activate or disactivate a special attack press R and the next time you hit a target a special attack will execute. When activated, if you have enough energy the name of the special attack will go green, if not - yellow.
- Special effects will execute as soon as you press R.
- All special attacks/effects require special energy which can be restored by drinking Energy Potions.
- Energy Potions can be made by smelting Crystals of Energy and then combining Liquid Energy, which you get from smelting, with Glass Bottles. Crystals of Energy spawn exactly like diamonds but in bigger stacks.
- Your energy also regenerates at a rate of 5% every 15 seconds. This effect can be boosted with a Helmet Of Energy.
- Scroll down for crafting recipes and a list of all special attacks!
- Crystal of Energy - Used to charge your weapons. Obtained from mining Energy Ore.
- Liquid Energy - Obtained from smelting crystals of energy. Used to make potions of energy.
- Potion of Energy - Can be made by combining liquid energy with normal glass bottles. When used, restores 50% of your special energy. You might need a lot of these.
- Helmet of Energy - As good as a diamond helm but makes you regenerate energy 2x faster. Requires 5 iron ingots, 2 crystals of energy and 2 diamonds.
- Energy Ore - Looks similar to gold but glows slightly in the dark. Gives you crystals of energy when mined. Can be mined with any pickaxe.
- Leech Food (wooden axe) - Restores hunger by 2.0 when hitting mobs or players. Target player also loses 2.0 of their hunger. Uses 15% of your energy bar.
- Soulsplit (golden axe) - Restores health by 2.0 hearts when hitting mobs or players. Uses 15% of your energy bar.
- Leech energy (stone axe) - 50% chance of restoring energy by 30% (45% if you count the used energy) when hitting mobs or players. Target player also loses 15% of their energy bar. Requires 15% of your energy bar.
- Thunder (iron axe) - Hits your target with a lightning bolt. Uses 45% of your energy bar.
- Vengeance (diamond axe) - Hits additional damage, which is 2 times your missing health. The less health you have the higher you will hit. Uses 45% of your energy bar.
- Shotgun (bow) - shoots up to 9 arrows at once when the bow is fully pulled and special attack is active. Uses 5% of your energy bar.
- Creeper blast (diamond sword) - Invisibility for 2 seconds. Launches you 5 blocks in the air and creates a huge explosion, which absolutely destroys everything on it's path. Uses 55% of your energy bar.
Special effects (execute instantly):
- Hunger restore (wooden sword) - Saturation III for 15 seconds. Uses 100% of your energy.
- Rapid heal (golden sword) - Regeneration III, Resistance II, Fire Resistance, Water Breathing for 15 seconds. Uses 50% of your energy.
- Ninja escape (stone sword) - Creates a "zombie clone" of your character, then gives you Resistance II for 3 seconds, Invisibility for 2 seconds and launches you 18 blocks in the air, which combined with invisibility should look pretty sweet. Uses 50% of your energy.
- Animal Instincts (iron sword) - Night Vision, Speed, Strength III for 10 seconds. Uses 60% of your energy.
Install guide for 1.8 / 1.6.4:
- You can get forge here: http://files.minecraftforge.net
- Download and run the latest or the recommended(if such exists) installer for the needed version. This should create a new or replace the old "Forge" profile in your Minecraft client.
- Download the mod by clicking the golden "Download Mod" button. Choose the appropriate mod version and download it.
- Go to "C:/Users/YOUR USER/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods" or to an equivalent on other OS' and put the jar file you've just downloaded there.
- Start your minecraft client and log in using the "Forge" profile.
- If you are still having problems getting this mod to work, contact me via PM.
- Have fun
Support the development on Patreon to get rewarded + remove ads for everyone
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.8|
|Tags:||Pvp, Runescape, Special, Attacks, Specs, Bar, Ability, Abilities, Ore, Crystal, Ingot, Potion, Food, Liquid, Better, Awesome, Best, Cool, Top, New Content|
Update #18 - 2.0.1 (MC 1.8) : 03/02/2015 9:24:28 am3/02/15
* Bug fixes.
Update #17 - 2.0 (MC 1.8) : 02/23/2015 5:05:17 am2/23/15
* Reworked special attacks mechanics from scratch.
Instead of left-right-left, specs can now be activated with a configurable keybind that is R by default.
Names of the specs are now displayed in 4 colours:
Green - attack activated and you have enough energy.
Yellow - activated but not enough energy.
White - enough energy but not activated.
Red - not activated and not enough energy.
There are now 2 types of special attacks: special attacks and special effects. While special attacks only execute when hitting a target, special effects activate instantly when pressing the bind key. It is also possible for me to add both attack and effects for a single weapon. All the special attacks and effects are listed in the mod description.
* Rebalanced usage of energy.
* Passive special attacks are now active with a 100% chance of execution.
* Buffs/nerfs for specs, previously known as passive, for rebalancing purposes.
* Energy bar will now be visible in creative mode. However, you only lose energy in survival.
* Bug fixes.
Update #16 - 1.1.4 : 02/07/2015 10:32:50 am2/07/15
* Fixed energy restoration.
* Your zombie clone from stone sword spec will now attack all hostile mobs and players except you.
* Fixed controls menu crash.
* Fixed stone sword spec crash.
* Slightly changed energy ore texture.
- Removed damage to blocks with diamond sword spec.
Update #15 - 1.1.3 Beta (for Minecraft 1.8) : 01/15/2015 8:07:41 am1/15/15
Update #14 - 1.1.2 Beta (for Minecraft 1.8) : 12/27/2014 10:48:16 am12/27/14
* Fixed energy not restoring
Update #13 - 1.1.1 Beta (for Minecraft 1.8) : 12/27/2014 10:12:16 am12/27/14
* Ninja escape (stone sword) will now create a zombie clone of yourself.
* Charged bow will now have a passive special attack instead of active. You will no longer have to activate it through left-right-left combination. It will fire up to 9 arrows every time it's fully pulled and will always now use 10% of your energy bar.
* Charged bow will now shoot arrows in a randomized pattern.
Update #12 - 1.1 Beta (for Minecraft 1.8) : 12/24/2014 8:05:47 am12/24/14
* Upgraded to 1.8 Minecraft
* Special energy bar will now only be visible when holding a charged weapon (might change)
* New energy ore texture
Update #11 - 5,000 downloads : 01/13/2014 9:03:12 am1/13/14
Update #10 - 4,500 downloads : 01/05/2014 10:23:09 am1/05/14
Update #9 - 4,000 downloads : 12/28/2013 6:54:09 am12/28/13
Update #8 - 3,500 downloads : 12/24/2013 3:00:58 pm12/24/13
Update #7 - 3,000 downloads : 12/21/2013 4:56:04 am12/21/13
Update #6 - v1.0.4 : 12/18/2013 7:03:56 am12/18/13
- Changed the texture of energy crystals
- Changed the texture of liquid energy
- Minor bug fixes
Update #5 - 2,000 downloads & Thanks Jason! : 12/16/2013 7:22:58 am12/16/13
Thank you so much, MinecraftUniverse, for making a mod review!
Update #4 - v1.0.3 : 12/14/2013 10:28:32 am12/14/13
- Added a helmet of energy, which when worn makes you regen energy twice as fast.
- Fixed a bug with charged bow.
Update #3 - v184.108.40.206(A tiny update) : 12/11/2013 1:14:35 pm12/11/13
- Changed the texture of energy potions.
Update #2 - v1.0.2 : 12/09/2013 10:03:28 am12/09/13
- Updated energy bar texture
- Added charged weapons - can do special attacks and have 100 more uses
- Moved special attacks from normal weapons to charged weapons.
Also moved the main video down because it's now outdated.
BTW, let me know in the comments what you think about adding charged armors in the next update?
Update #1 - v1.0.1 : 12/07/2013 12:06:29 pm12/07/13
- Changed textures for energy crystals, liquid and ore.
- Added passive special attacks for all axes.
- Removed left-right-left message.
- Made special attack names turn red if they can't be performed at the moment.