kirby0016's ModInstaller ONLINE!
13,961Views, 22 today
- 3,230Downloads, 0 today
Get Embed Code
Level 49 : Master Modder
Posted 04/03/12 6:19:17 am , last updated: 04/20/13 5:28:13 am
INFORMATION: This works with every Minecraft version!
IMPORTANT: Backup your minecraft.jar before (you can use my backup tool if you want: Link). Also it does not support every mod, but most mods should work. Please tell me if you found a mod that does not work. Thanks.
How to install mods:
- Open the webpage
- Click the "Add Mod" button and choose a mod (usually a .zip file) OR use drag and drop
- Click the "Install" button
- Wait until a messagebox with "installation completed" shows up
If you are a modder or mod package creator then you can add a special file to your mod's zip to support this mod. So this mod can alert the users when he needs to install an Api like ModLoader etc.
Simply create a file called "info.inf" and put it into the zip. It can contain the following:
All the "Needs" things mean that the user will be alerted when this api isn't installed. If OverridesBaseClass=false then the mod's zip will simply be copied to the .minecraft/mods folder. Only use this if this method will work! This installer can also copy a "resources" folder to the resources folder in .minecraft or a "mods" folder to .minecraft/mods. Or a ".minecraft" folder to .minecraft. I tried to make it compatible to as many mods as possible, but I can't be compatible to every single mod. The problem is that Minecraft mod packaging isn't standardised.
If you like this, like my mods on Facebook
My own mods are compatible
By downloading this you agree with the following:
You are allowed to:
- use this tool and everything you create with it
You aren't allowed to:
- redistribute this software or any part of it
- to make money with the software or anything based on it (except the mods with the compytibility file)
- decompile it / get the source code
I am NOT responsible for any damage done to your computer or anything else.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.5|
|Tags:||Program, Tool, Installer, Mod, ModInstaller, Easy, Use, Every Version, Kirby0016|
Update #1.4.2 : 04/20/2013 5:28:13 am4/20/13
Update #1.4.1 : 08/17/2012 2:49:53 pm8/17/12
- you can now choose a custom minecraft.jar to install the mods to
- introduced a mod compatibility sheet.
Update #1.4 : 07/02/2012 11:42:27 am7/02/12
- now online applet
- many bug fixes
Update #1.3 : 05/27/2012 6:52:16 am5/27/12
- temporary files are now saved in a folder in the same folder where your .minecraft folder is (Windows: %appdata%, etc.)
- update error should be fixed
Update #1.2 : 04/21/2012 11:35:58 am4/21/12
- better look'n'feel
- support for drag'n'drop
- leads you to this side when an update is released, instead of MinecraftForum
Update #V1.1 : 04/05/2012 12:28:05 pm4/05/12
some bugs fixed
from now on you will be messaged when a new version is available
Join us to post comments.