Official PMC Science and Logic Hub!

HassanPCMR's Avatar HassanPCMR8/20/14 9:10 pm
1 emeralds 1.5k 25
10/13/2014 6:21 am
Toadblock's Avatar Toadblock
Hey guys so I wanted to make a forum thread where people can talk about the wonders of science and logic, and maybe get a bit smarter! Right now we need moderators(so things dont get out of hand) and signatures. I'm grateful to anyone who chooses to help and/or join. So come, and talk about your scientific theories, fascinations, etc.!

Lets refrain from talking about religious topics,so that flame wars dont break out

EDIT: Ok heres the application for being a moderator
Age:It wont affect your chances that much if you are honest.
Name:
Favorite science subject:
Maturity:Is a big factor, be honest, and use 1-10 or use a detailed description
Knowledge of Science:1-10 or detailed description
Logical Skills:1-10 or detailed description
Will you be dedicated to moderating this club?:
Why should I make you a moderator?:
Why should I NOT make you a moderator?:

Support Us!

Putting our banner in your signature really helps us get new members!

Put it in your signature by putting this in:

[url=http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/official-pmc-science-and-logic-club-t430425.html][img]http://i.imgur.com/OqO1zsW.png?1[/img][/url]
HassanPCMR
Level 28 : Expert Pirate

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/13/2014 6:21 am
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
Toadblock
What I want to know is what proof do people have that black holes will actually take you through time, I mean we always see it in the movies, but it could just be like a big black cloud of nebula...
08/28/2014 11:05 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
ayyyyyyyyyyyy scienceeeeeee

WHAT ABOUT PLUTO IT MIGHT BE HAVING A COMBACK
http://www.salon.com/2014/05/29/plutos_big_comeback_why_it_could_be_reclassified_as_a_planet_partner/

I'm really, really excited. I want Pluto back. Pluto has its own moon now, that they've just found. It's slightly larger than Eris, has an atmosphere, I think it's closer to being a planet! PLEASE! PLANET!

What about Fibonacci, you ask?
http://underthesymmetree.tumblr.com/post/91945121410/fibonacci-you-crazy-bastard-as-seen-in-the

Planets are amazing. So is Fibonacci.

A PARTICLE RARER THAN THE HIGG'S?
http://www.bnl.gov/newsroom/news.php?a=24891

ONE TIME in 100 TRILLION proton collisions... I'm surprised it's happened even ONCE.

kid friendly helper for those who don't understand the golden ratio and it's wonders? fibbonaci was an amazing person
http://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/nature-golden-ratio-fibonacci.html

Being totally serious about Fibonacci - he was really an amazing person.

have i talked enough about Fibonacci yet? he just makes everything look so good...
http://www.goldennumber.net/spirals/

somewhat old, but Bill Nye (THE SCIENCE GUY!) debated Ken Ham on creationism versus evolution. i know it's getting into religion and things like that, but i think it's a wholeheartedly good-spirited debate that is really interesting to read.
http://www.npr.org/2014/02/05/271873763/science-guy-bill-nye-debates-creationist-ken-ham

ALSO: Has anyone seen COSMOS? I'm just starting to get into it on Netflix. What a show. Science, guys...

app thing
Name: adam/idiot
Favorite science subject: science
Maturity: 8 / 10 - i have a lot of tolerance but i also like to have my jokes
Knowledge of Science: science and history are some of my favorite things. so much to learn, and its much better using the internet to browse science journals and learn about what i want to rather than having to sit in a classroom and listen to a droll
Logical Skills:i suck @ algebra sorry but im good at geometry ^^
Will you be dedicated to moderating this club?: uhhhh probably can't be, sorry but i'll pop in and all because i love this sort of stuff
Why should I make you a moderator?: i doubt you should but hey im open to a promote any day ^^
Why should I NOT make you a moderator?: if youre asking me youve come to the wrong person sorry

ps: knowing a lot about the golden spiral and golden ratio/rectangle definitely helps a lot - you can probably connect it to minecraft and build from there. it's neat stuff
08/28/2014 11:54 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Name: WTFshady
Favorite science subject: Physics and chemistry
Maturity: 7/10
Knowledge of Science: 7/10
Logical Skills: 8/10
Will you be dedicated to moderating this club?: Yeah. If this is really active, I'll be here as much as I can.
Why should I make you a moderator?: I like science. I'm friendly and mature. I want to help this group grow as much as possible.
Why should I NOT make you a moderator?: I'm a bit techy and I'm only at 8th grade, so I'm not the best at science (even though I'm the best at Wikipedia ).
08/22/2014 10:24 pm
HassanPCMR
Hub! Dont die on me!
08/21/2014 3:13 pm
Level 27 : Expert Architect
Kodraak
Age:It wont affect your chances that much if you are honest.
Name: Dakota
Favorite science subject: Chemistry
Maturity:Is a big factor, be honest, and use 1-10 or use a detailed description: 7 tbh
Knowledge of Science:1-10 or detailed description: 9
Logical Skills:1-10 or detailed description: 8.5 - 9
Will you be dedicated to moderating this club?: I'll try my best, depends on what happens in my life.
Why should I make you a moderator?: I took a lot of science classes when i was in High School. I did Physical Science, Life Science and also Chemistry. i am also into Redstone!
Why should I NOT make you a moderator?: Possibility that I don't meet the requirements for being a Moderator for this club. It can probably be that I'm not mature enough or the fact that I'm just not too smart.
08/21/2014 4:17 pm
HassanPCMR
Accepted! Welcome to the club!
08/21/2014 2:52 pm
HassanPCMR

Heres a temporary banner I made, check the main post for more info
08/21/2014 2:01 pm
HassanPCMR
If anyone could make an official signature for the club that'd be great! People rarely look in the hubs section, so having a signature that people could support us with would really help!
08/21/2014 12:16 am
HassanPCMR
bump (even though it wont help because noone checks the hub section )
08/20/2014 10:43 pm
HassanPCMR
Anyways, whats everyone's thought on wormholes? (Yup I'm starting big with our discussion)
08/21/2014 3:08 pm
HassanPCMR
So back to this ^ unless noone wants to talk about them
08/20/2014 10:23 pm
Level 46 : Master Princess
OreoVal
Oh also, even though I don't want to join, I do have some graphic skills. What do you need?
08/20/2014 10:30 pm
HassanPCMR
Perhaps a scientist or something holding an alchemy thing like this
And text saying "Official PMC Science and Logic Hub". It'd be nice if you could make multiple variants. And it being animated is not required.
08/20/2014 10:15 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
SlimeCityCreator
I decided to consult this hub...
Anyways any science fair ideas for me?(no volcanoes...)
08/20/2014 10:18 pm
HassanPCMR
Perhaps show how pennies dissolve after being left in lemon water with salt? (Btw this expirement doesnt work if you dont take the pennies out after a certain amount of hours)

Valcanoh??? JK

Make a model of the universe?

Buy one of those books that have cheesy science fair ideas?
08/20/2014 10:11 pm
HassanPCMR
btw anyone here have leh art skillz? I need someone to make an official banner for this club.
08/20/2014 10:08 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
This is a science thread!! Not a gender identification discussion!
08/20/2014 10:10 pm
HassanPCMR
Oh, god no.
08/20/2014 10:03 pm
OreoVal
I was like "oh hey I'll check out the link she posted in chat"
then I was like "gosh no, science, the bane of my existencewithitsdeviousally,math"
08/20/2014 10:05 pm
HassanPCMR
wait... people think im a she? nooooo...
08/20/2014 10:06 pm
OreoVal
ooops
*he sorry e.e
"Sasuke" sounds girly, js
08/20/2014 9:34 pm
Foxy
SO dat emdrive everyone's talking about.
Looks interesting even if it turns out to be a fail
08/20/2014 9:38 pm
HassanPCMR
I actually havent heard of that, what is it?
08/20/2014 10:05 pm
Foxy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EmDrive
Supposedly it can create thrust without only electricity and no sort of mass for fuel and several unrelated groups around the world have confirmed it but many are saying the results they're seeing are probably errors because it supposedly violates the laws of physics
08/20/2014 10:09 pm
HassanPCMR
Oh, i see. I personally think its just a scientific phenomenon that makes us think that its breaking the laws of physics.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome