One Piece Fan Crew [King of the Hubs]

Jesuitical's Avatar Jesuitical1/28/14 3:40 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 51
3/18/2014 9:58 pm
Microglass1's Avatar Microglass1
[OP under construction]

The One Piece hub is a place to discuss all things One Piece--Arcs, characters, AMVs, manga, etc.

New episodes air: every Saturday
Current episode: 631 - Swirling Madness - Corrida Colosseum

New manga chapters released: every Wednesday
Current chapter: 736 Chief Executive Diamante

Recommended sites to discuss and read about One Piece:
One Piece Wiki
One Piece subreddit

To prevent any sort of spoilers, any post that references anything that could be a possible spoiler for anyone must be posted inside a spoiler and tagged appropriately. Any spoiling posts or incorrectly tagged spoiler will be deleted. Discussing characters or islands that haven't been seen by everyone is fine, but any events or information that is important must be in a spoiler. For example: discussing Usopp is fine, but discussing how he becomes pirate king and dies is not fine. (Don't worry, neither of these happens. Or do they?)

Example spoiler post:

Marineford Spoiler
Possible spoiler here.

OP will be finished by me or another moderator soon.
Jesuitical
Level 27 : Expert Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/18/2014 9:58 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer
Microglass1
I want to Be Usopp! Favorite Char Ever!
02/15/2014 10:10 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
newest anime ep/manga
Holllyyyyy crap dat new episode. I'm gonna love these Colosseum episodes and all of the new characters.

Seeing Cavendish, Bart, Burgess, and tons more Colosseum entrees is so awesome. I read somewhere that Bart and Rebecca are coming into the anime on March 2nd - so pumped! Bart's characters is awesome in the manga, really hope they pull him off in the anime.
02/12/2014 5:10 pm
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
This upsets me also. I'm sure it was delayed not long ago. Or maybe I'm thinking of Bleach...
02/11/2014 1:50 pm
Jesuitical
02/12/2014 11:15 am
Charlizard
Haha.

Someone pls help me our lord Oda has delayed the manga release for this week. I can't wait another 7 days ;-;
02/07/2014 3:34 pm
Jesuitical
[yt]2I5bnBW4KCg[/yt]
02/07/2014 2:58 pm
Charlizard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM32xUST50A

damn now I wanna watch more AMVs.

Someone gimme some more to watch?

EDIT: I also bought my first physical copy of the manga today. Turns out my local bookstore had the first 3 volumes in one book. Even after reading a small amount, there is a drastic difference to the anime such as how it shows how Luffy got his scar under his eye. I may have to read the entire series through whilst watching it and reading new chapters weekly.
02/05/2014 12:08 pm
Jesuitical
Aye aye.
fishman island
Also I see what you mean about Fishman Island. Elephant Gun OP. Haki OP. Poison immunity OP.

Also a lot of people on reddit seem to complain about this nosebleed. It doesn't bother me. It isn't the first time an "anime/manga gag" has been used seriously. Nami's eyes being money signs etc.
02/05/2014 12:38 pm
Charlizard
fishman island
It'd make no sense if he wasn't having a nosebleed. I mean, it's Sanji. The way that Oda used it to make it a proper event rather than a simple gag, imo, is genius.

Btw, Fishman Island (and Punk Hazard in some places) has pretty awful pacing. Just thought I'd prepare you for that.
02/05/2014 11:39 am
Jesuitical
Fishman island
Jinbe wasn't even there wot have I been waiting 2 years ~5 minutes~ for?
2 years* dumb spoilers
02/05/2014 11:47 am
Charlizard
fishman island
How far are you in to Fishman Island? Don't wanna spoil anything.
02/05/2014 11:50 am
Jesuitical
530 but I think I'm going to slow down a bit, I don't know about having to wait a week per episode once I catch up.

Fishman island
Right at the point where the cafe owner predicts Luffy is going to do something bad with the island or something.
02/05/2014 12:00 pm
Charlizard
When you get to a certain point - you'll know what I mean - we can discuss that.
02/05/2014 11:07 am
Charlizard
manga

Sabo just rekt Burgess
02/02/2014 1:21 am
Jesuitical
Watching the dub on Toonami for the first time in a while. Nami, Sanji, Usopp and Zoro's VAs are so good. I'd say Chopper too but Pickachu > plus I have a crush on the Japanese VA.

Luffy, Robin and Franky are meh.
02/01/2014 4:06 pm
Jesuitical
Click to reveal
ye but they wouldn't just leave him there for two years, they'd at least try to do something, yeah? Maybe they did and he was just away for the 1.5 years but I'd think they wouldn't let up until they had him, I mean he was in Roger's crew and obviously they know he's there.
02/01/2014 4:13 pm
Charlizard
Click to reveal
pretty sure the marines feel that the worst generation is much more of a threat than a retired pirate. The worst generation are currently causing havoc whereas Rayleigh is living peacefully. No-one even knows that he trained Luffy.

It'd be much more plausible for the marines to chase weaker pirates that are currently causing havoc than chase one of the strongest pirates in the world that is currently living peacefully.
02/01/2014 6:31 pm
Jesuitical
Click to reveal
I guess that's true, I just thought they'd take as much action as Ace when he was born. Then again that was blood related.
02/01/2014 2:40 pm
Jesuitical
lore/return to sabaody
Yeee. Robin learning about the void century is in like my top three events, along with Luffy meeting Shanks and Dragon.

I'm kind of disappointed that Rayleigh spent 1.5 years with Luffy and we've not learned anything. (at least I haven't). Then again Luffy didn't want to know so meh. I'm looking forward to learning what happened with Robin during the timeskip.

return to sabaody/roger
I don't know how I feel about the straw hat belonging to Roger and him being exactly Luffy in Rayleigh's flashback of Roger recruiting him. I don't know if everyone being somehow related to the biggest event of the anime is good or bad to me.

Edit: Spoilers are removing random small words from my posts, no idea why.

Edit 2 Sabaody/Rayleigh
Why even is Rayleigh still living in Saboady? They navy knew he lived there before the timeskip and he's still peacefully living there. Yeah, he's strong but considering he's the first mate of the pirate king's crew wouldn't they send more than one admiral? Dunno. It's weird.
02/01/2014 3:49 pm
Charlizard
Click to reveal
Kizaru was sent to Saboady due to Luffy punching the Celestial Dragon - not because Rayleigh was there. I dunno how much the 11 supernovae effected the enforcements sent there, but they certainly weren't expecting to fight Rayleigh. Sure, Kizaru is strong - as is Sentomaru and the pacifistas, but they're nothing compared to Roger's first mate. Rayleigh easily fought off Kizaru on his own. I imagine that, if he wanted to, he could beat him nearly instantly.

The straw hat is kinda a weird plot hole, but it can be understood. We learned that Shanks - a cabin boy with Buggy - was given Roger's hat before he died and, I assume, before he underwent the change to look like this:
From what I can remember it's just a theory, but Roger gave his hat to Shanks as he believed he was gonna be a great pirate one day. Now, in present day, he's one of the yonko. I imagine either Roger told him to pass it onto another future great pirate of the next generation or Shanks just felt obliged to. He then handed his hat to Luffy as a child as (I THINK) Luffy said the same words that Roger had said (can't remember the words). This made Shanks believe that Luffy will become a great pirate - hence him giving it to him and telling him to return it to him when he becomes a great pirate.

To see why Luffy didn't learn about the void century from Rayleigh, you have to take into account why all of the Strawhat crew are pirates.
Luffy wants adventure and to become the king of the pirates
Zoro wants to become the greatest swordsman
Nami wants to make a map of the world
Ussop (I think) wants to live up to his dad - Yassop
Sanji wants to see All-Blue
Chopper wants to cure every disease
Robin wants to discover the truth about the void century
Franky wants his ship to hold the pirate king - like Tom
Brook wants to meet up with Laboon
Luffy's main reason is nothing to do with the void century. Luffy, in his simple nature, probably doesn't even care about it. Even if he did, Rayleigh wouldn't have told him. Remember in Saboady when Ussop asked where One Piece was? That's what'll happen to Luffy. I imagine Rayleigh wants the Strawhat crew to have an adventure and deserve to learn what happened in the void century. We have no idea what happened in the void century apart from a few clues, so I'm unsure if this is the only factor. I imagine something happened when Robin went to train with the revolutionaries for 2 years, but I dunno how much they know/told her. For now, I just want her to be friends with Sabo and Koala DD

To sum up, the fact that everything is linked to the biggest event is probably due to what *exactly* One Piece is and/or what Raftel holds. I guess we're gonna have to wait 10+ years to find out, though.

EDIT: bread.

02/01/2014 1:22 pm
Oni__
Lore
Damn right. I assume the one piece may be related in some way, Oda has put too much detail into things like Rayleigh knowing the true history etc. for it to be unimportant.
02/01/2014 1:33 pm
Charlizard
lore
was directed at Jesu as Fishman Island has a decent portion about it, but I'm also interested in it.

I've seen a lot of fan theories about the ponyglyphs, etc.on /r/onepiece and they got me really intrigued. I really like how it links in to One Piece and how, even though it is the title of the show, we aren't if sure exactly what it is. There're a lot of theories that say it is something to do with Raftel/the void century and it's not actually a physical item. I have no idea how as the idea hasn't really been elaborated on at all, but the Will of the D links in with it, too.

I imagine once Dressrosa is wrapped up there'll be more discussion about it as Sabo/Koala are there and Robin was already with the revolutionaries for 2 years. I highly doubt Luffy'll meet Dragon yet. There's still another 600+ chapters that Oda has planned.
02/01/2014 1:01 pm
Jesuitical
Herp Charz l2spoiler

Return to Sabaody
He's just a pacifista without a personality, isn't he? I'm around where they find out that he asked Vegapunk to be programmed with the mission to protect the Sunny before he was 'turned.' Is that being alive doe he's no different than the others.

Also RIP PX-5 and 7. Strawhats OP.
02/01/2014 1:04 pm
Charlizard
shup I missed the =

Return to Sabaody
We haven't seen any of him since Return to Sabaody, so it's safe to assume that he still has no personality.

Get used to OP-ness. Fishman Island arc is kinda like Water 7 in the fact that it is basically an arc to show new powers. The enemies are rather disappointing, but it's a nice arc to show their new powers and OPness.

Arabasta
Btw, are you at all interested in the void century?
02/01/2014 12:37 pm
Jesuitical
Return to Sabaody
Kuma is now one of my favorites. RIP in peace. Am PX-0s #1 fan.
02/01/2014 12:46 pm
Charlizard
Return to Sabaody
Afaik he's still 'alive'. In the newest ep, it went over the 7 warlords and he was still mentioned. I suppose he is entirely machine now, but PX-01 still exists and is alive
01/31/2014 1:14 pm
Oni__
Oni here. Can confirm Dressrosa is awesome.

Dressrosa
Saaaaabbbboooooooo

And the little people... Uh whatever they are...

And of course

01/31/2014 1:13 pm
Jesuitical
Oh thx ruin my excitement for Fishman Island ok.

Also,
post war/manga?
I don't know if it was your DAE Sabo post or that there wasn't enough time to get attached, but I didn't care that Sabo died
01/31/2014 3:18 pm
Charlizard
but dooooooooood.

marineford
it was sad enough seeing Ace dying and Sabo was just as awesome

ONI_LINKOni here. Can confirm Dressrosa is awesome.

Dressrosa
Saaaaabbbboooooooo

And the little people... Uh whatever they are...

And of course

You can never have too much Enel face.
01/31/2014 12:41 pm
Jesuitical
I'm 5 episodes away from timeskip, I feel like I'm finally part of the big kids. Right of passage.
01/31/2014 12:45 pm
Charlizard
Make it through the awfully paced Fishman island arc, past Punk Hazard which wasn't too bad, THEN you're one of us.

Dressrosa is so awesome omg
01/30/2014 2:50 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Blockhead
minthus
bookmark
01/30/2014 1:33 pm
Charlizard
marineford+Punk Hazard
You better get used to Law, jesu. He stays with the Straw Hats for 2 arcs - perhaps even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7QSDXeOO5U
01/31/2014 5:52 am
Oni__
Trafalgar Law/Dressrosa
He's there for a decent chunk of Dressrosa too. Before uh Donflamingo that is.
01/30/2014 12:57 pm
Jesuitical
Guysguysguys
marineford
Law. And Shanks. Oh my god.
01/29/2014 1:08 pm
Jesuitical
Usopp hammer >

Meh, joke if you want. I already know about
marineford
Ace,Whitebeard/Kuzan/Garp

from AMVs. If anything else pls don't spoil.
01/29/2014 12:30 pm
Oni__
I wanted to make a joke about marineford. I decided it would be best not to.
01/29/2014 1:01 pm
Charlizard
You're cruel.

Jesuiticalwot I didn't know there was a post war arc. I still have like 40 eps until timeskip. =<

Also your signature sucks, gear second > third.

Gomu gomu no grizzly magnum > second gear
01/29/2014 11:52 am
Jesuitical
wot I didn't know there was a post war arc. I still have like 40 eps until timeskip. =<

Also your signature sucks, gear second > third.
01/29/2014 11:25 am
Jesuitical
Spoilers stayed open for awhile on mobile so I seen yours. YOU HAVE RUINED MY PURITY.

manga? spoiler
The Luffy and Ace's fruit part sounds awesome, definitely looking forward to that. He'd just saved him in Marineford where I'm up to.
01/29/2014 11:39 am
Charlizard
ohmygodI'msosorry

You've only got 5 or so eps left of Marineford - hurry up and finish it. We'll be here crying with you when its over.

EDIT: 'tis technically an anime spoiler now, too. That scene was showed last episode, I believe.
01/29/2014 11:09 am
Oni__
Some of it will be fabulous such as:

Manga battle spoiler
The battle on the sunny where Brook, Nami and monosuke(?) get turned into toys or whatever. I know it's basically Kalifa's ability but Brook looked hilarious.
01/29/2014 11:23 am
Charlizard
omgyes.

manga spoiler
In the new intro song, there's a second or so of Brook, Nami, and Chopper as toys xD
01/29/2014 3:56 am
Oni__
*Nods head*

This ark has all the feels

Especially

Devil Fruit Spoiler
That moment in the last arc when we found out devil fruits reformed. Then Luffy gets to try and get Ace's back. Dem feels.
01/29/2014 10:49 am
Charlizard
I can't wait to see this arc's later moments animated.

manga spoilers
Zoro and Fujitora's scene was so tense even though I know nothing happens
01/28/2014 4:24 pm
Jesuitical
Allllmost. Kinda. Up to 479. Excited for time skip.

Marineford
dat invincible Whitebeard tho
01/28/2014 4:05 pm
Charlizard
omg yay

manga spoilers
DAE Sabo?

Please tell me there is someone here that is at least caught up on the anime so you can fanboy with me and I don't have to avoid any spoilers. pls.
01/29/2014 2:40 am
Oni__
I'm actively reading the manga. So we can happily fanboy together over things.
01/29/2014 3:14 am
Charlizard
omg I love you so much. You have no idea how long I've waited for pala and jesu to read the manga and how much fanboying I've had to keep to myself.

manga spoilers
SABOOOOOOOOOOOOO
01/28/2014 4:01 pm
Jesuitical
Make me.

... three sword style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AS3llPZOWRk
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com