City Ruins Minecraft Event!! (Republished, updated)

smhkiri's Avatar smhkiri1/2/21 7:19 pm history
5 emeralds 171 2
1/5/2021 4:57 pm
smhkiri's Avatar smhkiri
Hi hi!~

Note: This is a republish. I previously tried to run this event but not enough people signed up. I'm trying again!!! Please tell your friends!!!!!

Before someone tells me to post this in servers, it's not a server entry! This is a one time event on my LEET server and I do not have the time nor the money to run it constantly and I do not want to anyway!!

Anyway, this is a simulation, hunger games type event taking place on February 13th, at 12pm EST. (Date and time is subject to change). If participating, you will be a part of one of 3 groups and try to not only survive and gain items, but reach that groups' goal. OC's are absolutely accepted!! You are allowed to play as yourself, if you don't want to create/use an OC. See rules for using OC's on the sign-up form.

Here is where you can sign up!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you sign up now!! If you wait till the last second, I won’t know you’re coming and therefore it probably won’t even run. If you’re planning on coming but still working on an OC or haven’t had time to sign-up, shoot me a DM to let me know you’re coming.

The sign-up form will explain a bit more. When the event is closer, you'll be sent a PDF through your preferred form of contact. Any questions can be directed to me through here, Instagram, Steam, or Discord. (all linked on my profile!! and on the form!)

Here's some lore about the map to interest ya'll. The lore is completely made up as I did not make the actual map. All I did was edit it to my liking (:

~ City Ruins Lore ~

Ocean City once stood tall and mighty. As an isle of Timri, a country where each city governed itself, they had a functioning democracy that ensured safety and peace among their citizens. Timri was a beautiful, peaceful country. They rarely had disputes with other nations. But that was all before the great war. A neighboring country, Astenia, had a power-hungry leader determined to take over more land and expand his realm. After Timri among many other countries would not comply, Astenia waged war. At first it was Astenia vs. an army of countries, but soon their alliances fell, and many of them were taken over, bombed, and looted.

Ocean City had been unharmed until a year or so into the war, when they received a warning from Latchet, their only remaining ally. It delivered the message that Latchet had fallen to Astenia, and that Ocean City was to be attacked next. After hearing this, the city decided they had to fight. They rounded up as much of the children under 18 as they could, and sent them away with several adults to brave the great ocean. This was their last hope for the future of Ocean City. The rest of the citizens prepared profusely. The army, navy, marines, and air force were ready.

Alas, when the bombs hit they realized they had underestimated the power of Astenia.

So as the sun came up over the city, and smoke funneled into the air, Ocean City had fallen to Astenia. Astenia's ruler glanced at the ruins and decided not to take up ruling, for the city was too destroyed to live in. For nearly 7 years, the city has lay there, undisturbed. Astenia, however, was not aware of the survivors. A group of citizens had retreated to the subway and hid away for days, before finally deciding to come out. Few left the city as the boats had been destroyed, and for a while people were on their own. Until roughly 2 years ago, when the eldest citizens decided to form groups. Disputes among survivors led to two separate groups forming, the Subway Snakes (Snakes for short), and the Lights, who were originally called Hotists until they started raids. Anyone who did not want to join a group was on their own, nicknamed an Independent.

Today, the groups remain in Ocean City, surviving there with no knowledge of the outside world. Perhaps, one day, they will be discovered. Or perhaps not. Time will tell. Rumors of the city's survivors have gotten out to few. But rumors, well, rumors only grow.

That's all! Thank you for reading and do not repost the lore or any content from this post anywhere.

Please consider signing-up!! There is a 30 player limit so sign-up quickly!

~kiri <3
smhkiri
Level 25 : Expert Procrastinator