Can I earn from those?

DailyTuber's Avatar DailyTuber11/12/15 11:00 am
11/17/2015 4:18 am
DailyTuber's Avatar DailyTuber
From things like those, YouTube banners, blog pictures and similar things? And if so where?

They are just most basic ones, most simplistic ones but maybe someone would like them and need them but cant make them.

Game photos like this one:

And simple yet nice picture for a blog or what ever, YouTube banner too:
DailyTuber
Level 33 : Artisan Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/16/2015 4:36 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
JoaoPauloC100
Umm.. yeah, as other said before, no.
First, if you want to sell art, act professional. I like to think of myself as an actor when I'm talking to a client. (Use perfect puntuaction, don't use slangs, this kind of tihng.)

Second, get a portfolio! Helps you on a lot of points.
  • You improve. (By making free art for people (to fill your portfolio), you practice and get better.
  • You have something to show clients. If they ask you what you've done before, you can show it to them.

Thirt, don't rush. Rushed art just doesn't look good. Take your time and it'll come out a lot better.

And fourth, (Please don't get offended, I don't mean to be rude) practice. You're not really good at the moment, but I'm sure that with a lot of hard work you'll improve! Trust me, I've happened to live what you're living now. But don't think about the money. Practice by doing art for friends or for people who need it and can't pay.
Trust me, you'll know when it's time to sell your art.
11/17/2015 2:05 am
DailyTuber
Thank you! I am already doing few banners for my friends and 1 one I made him a banner already likes it, also I made it for free and going to accept few more free request so I can practice and if they turn out good I can make a gallery to showcase my work too.
11/16/2015 3:08 pm
DailyTuber
Thank you anyways! I already earned 5$!

Now I only need 955$ more to save up for decent laptop!
11/16/2015 3:22 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1665509
[deleted]
11/15/2015 11:34 am
DailyTuber
Care to explain more?
11/15/2015 11:38 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
A render as in something a little like: (My Account)
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/senpais-art-blog/

and tradiontal art such as: (CaptainSparklez / AtlanticCraft)
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAtlanticCraft
https://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainSparklez
11/15/2015 11:43 am
DailyTuber
Well as it looks nice I seen it literally on every other minecraft based YouTube channel, I want to make something more unique than that.
11/15/2015 12:11 pm
ZachDevv
Unique isn't always that good, and those are still unique. (In a good way)
11/15/2015 10:21 am
ZachDevv
It all depends on what game you want. For minecraft, you're more than likely going to want renders in your YT background. Most channels, however, prefer digital art/logos.
11/15/2015 10:32 am
DailyTuber
The icon of the game can be changed easily as well as the color behind it. Adding a photo user desires isn't hard neither so I will see what I can do and how can I make it all blend with minecraft background.

EDIT:

Here it is, I might later on add if needed a lines to indicate borders of YouTube banner but I think there is no need for it as it automatically sets it to middle when uploaded to YouTube.

Check it out on my YouTube if you wish, I added it so people can see it how it looks
on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHboW7 ... tKkFU9YGSQ
11/15/2015 11:16 am
ZachDevv
That's not what I meant..
11/15/2015 10:17 am
DailyTuber
Been playing with PS a bit and this is what I made so far:

It fits perfectly in YouTube and its simple yet I think nice enough!
11/17/2015 2:23 am
Level 29 : Expert Architect
Dras
With this i would align the social media text to the left and perhaps add a drop shadow to the grass block, you could also change around the color scheme of the grass block to make it fit the backgrounds more as it seems bland on it's own.

This is nice and simple for someone starting out though ^_^
11/17/2015 4:18 am
DailyTuber
Thank you! Will take those suggestions and try to improve.
11/13/2015 2:05 am
DailyTuber
Thank you both for help!
11/12/2015 3:24 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Robot
mekbots
Sorry to disappoint but no, I don't think they are of a professional standard to put it simply. Sorry to be harsh but keep working at it and you'll get better. For in game screenshots you could invest in enhancing them with programs to apply filters or add renders such as lens flares, programs like Adobe Lightroom.

Edit: *I dont think so at least, I haven't really got any experience in the industry, just my opinion.
11/12/2015 3:36 pm
DailyTuber
I didn't said they are perfect so you didn't disappoint me. I just wanted to get a bit of pocket money as I am short on right now and would be good to get some. Is PS or illustrator good too? Should I invest into them?

I like editing things, especially when it comes to videos as well as making animations with AAE thou I suck at it right now.
11/12/2015 3:41 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Robot
mekbots
Yeah for editing, particularily when creating things like channel art on youtube or article images, photoshop and illustrator are probably the best programs to do that (if you have the money, if you dont there are other free software which are just as good to practice as they use the same tools).

- Watch tutorials
- Play around with things and experiment
- Stick at it
- Even just hand drawing and sketching ideas for original pieces is good for practice

Then you're well on your way
11/12/2015 3:53 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1665509
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome