Feedback on Picture Please

ShadowDestroyer5's Avatar ShadowDestroyer58/5/14 3:45 am
1 emeralds 687 8
8/5/2014 1:09 pm
VertziForte's Avatar VertziForte
I made this picture and I'd appreciate some feedback

Please don't be super rude with the feedback I'm just a beginner and I did this because I had some spare time. Constructive criticism is fine.
ShadowDestroyer5
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/05/2014 1:09 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
VertziForte
It's not bad, but you gotta work on your light sources bud.
Since the torch is at the left, parts of the shadow shouldn't be going in one direction.
And yeah, you do have to work on the shadow. Blurring it would help; not all shadows are crisp and clean than what you have there.
The torch should be able to emit a colored light (Since it's fire and all), which the shadows would fall away from that. And the color would reflect on the objects around it.
Basic tutorial all about lighting that I found in less than two minutes.
And why not another tutorial?
08/05/2014 12:51 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
For the shadow, an angle on it would help. Right now it's as if he's got a solid wall behind him, he's floating in the air and there's just a single light on him. The shadow should "fall" away from him, getting smaller and following the contours of the floor/wall, as well as travelling at an angle depending on where the light source is be.

Frankly though I think it looks good as it is. A cartoony slightly off-balance image, it works.
08/05/2014 5:21 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
I didn't vote. It needs work but it still is decent!

If you use paint.net look in the effects menu at the top. Try to add a 'blur' to the shadow to soften the edges and some 'noise' to the grey in the background to give it a little texture and depth.
08/05/2014 4:38 am
Level 20 : Expert Prince
Lynnno
Constructive criticism = Use something like Paint.NET or Gimp not Paint or Word.
08/05/2014 4:31 am
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
cakeface
For a beginner, you are very good! I think maybe the shadows could be closer to the body but other than that fantastic!
08/05/2014 4:05 am
Level 30 : Artisan Warrior
BrookieYT
The shading is original
Overall it is good
08/05/2014 3:59 am
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
As a beginner attempt I'd say it's pretty good actually. Some people could say there are various things wrong with it, I'd just say that's your "style", and it works.
08/05/2014 4:01 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
ShadowDestroyer5
Is there anything that needs a ton of fixing?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome