Advice on building please?

hofsethh's Avatar hofsethh7/6/13 2:31 pm
7/29/2013 11:04 pm
Farseer Caltair's Avatar Farseer Caltair
Hi. I'm ewpoe and I am wondering, how the heck do people build these things?! I really would like to learn how, and why they do these things. You can comment a tutorial blog, reply your advice, or give me your Hamachi and give me a in MC tutorial. Thanks!
hofsethh
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Farseer Caltair
07/29/2013 11:04 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
Personally, I get out a pad of graph paper and design what I want to build.
crazyeagle
07/29/2013 10:11 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Bunny
I don't have any links on hand but I just wanted to wish you luck and remember it takes time so don't get discouraged
grin141
07/29/2013 10:09 pm
Level 24 : Expert Toast
Use lots of detail.
apguitarman6
07/29/2013 10:05 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
I would suggest looking at sqorcks shorts, try and go through all of these, as they are very helpful. [yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=73o_l-bbRlI[/yt] Also, I would suggest watching all of the building with gazamo videos. After that, you may want to join the mithrintia server, most people on the server are fairly talented builders, and most of them will give you suggestions that are very helpful. I'm not going to claim that I'm on the same level as a team like gazamo or mithrintia, but I have my own video tutorial about how I do depth and detailing in my builds. It may help you [yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPka9Yb_vL8[/yt] A few concepts you need to be familiar with are depth, palette, and theme. You need to have a specific theme for your build, then, you need to select your palette, after that, you need to add depth and detailing to your build. I hope the links I sent you have helped you in your quest to become a good minecraft builder!
sirmustachio
07/11/2013 6:14 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
make it have some depth
jgrocks2
07/07/2013 12:55 am
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
Sometimes I base my builds off of real buildings?
Glov
07/07/2013 1:15 am
Level 28 : Expert Fisherman
Hes right. The Best thing to do is to find a picture (or draw one) of what you want to build. You dont do too well if you just go and build, you actually need an idea. Make a outline of what your going to build out of wool, that helps.
As far as the gritty details, i find looking through images of similar structures (e.g: castles), helps me understand the aspects that my build might want. As far as converting those aspects in Minecraft, that is left up to your own judgement, and requires a good deal of patience.
You ask "how do people build these things?". Very slowly. Good builds take a long time to create (especially ones with custom terrain).
My Advice in summation
-Know what you want to build
-Outline it
-Study similar pictures
-Build, patiently
Id also advise joining a creative server notorious for good building and touring builds to understand some ways to incorporate details. And, maybe get a few viewpoints from builders on how they go about begining massive builds like the ones you imply. But in the end youll take parts of methods you like and develop your own. The method i gave is the one i use myself.
jgrocks2
07/07/2013 2:18 am
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
A good creative server to go on is Minecraft.sandstormgaming.com
Yaujta
07/06/2013 10:09 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
Check out yogscast sjins lets builds they helped me with technique and stuff hoped this helped!
uhhJAXX
07/06/2013 9:59 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Some people just have a great eye for detail, the big projects take a lot more thought than most people think. Most people would just glance over something the creator couldve put hours into thinking about how to build flows together and how all the colors compliment each other. How do people build these things? Experience is the only answer, sure you could look up tutorials but experience will eventually give you your own style and technique. If your looking to become better, then good luck and have fun.
Master__Chief777
07/06/2013 4:26 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
the key is patience and lots of it
Jackie1st
07/06/2013 4:17 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Hero
There are plenty of great builders who've made tutorials of how they build and what they use you can check out a few here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... O3qU8WehNm http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... m0VPMJ5Ffx
hofsethh
07/06/2013 4:11 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
... o-o
MCArchitectNL
07/06/2013 2:42 pm
Level 23 : Expert Architect
There is something called YouTube and tutorials. It's on the Internet!
Good luck!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome