Airship help?

Osca32's Avatar Osca3210/13/13 12:32 pm
1 emeralds 244 5
10/13/2013 1:04 pm
Osca32's Avatar Osca32
Hi! Nice to see you here.
I've always loved airships, especially the awesome steampunky ones.Trouble is though, I've never really known how to build one... Usually they end up looking, well, terrible. So I was building one today, and I thought it looked better than usual. I appreciate it doesn't look amazing, but I'm pleased with it. So, if anyone has any suggestions on how I could improve, please could you you tell me? Thanks!
Here's some pics...

It's meant to be a small one, btw.
Osca32
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/13/2013 1:04 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Osca32
Wow, thanks for all the advice! I've taken account of everything you people said, and I'm gonna make a better one
10/13/2013 12:42 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
bethenna
I'm no expert, but it looks like the balloon needs to be alot bigger and longer to look like it could really support the ship underneath.. At the moment it just looks too small if you get what I'm saying
10/13/2013 12:38 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
In the front, you did a little 'C' shape with stone brick.

See what I'm talking about?

Well make the top half of the big 'C' shape extend out more.

Also make it longer so it's not so cute.

I would also suggest more creative blocks, like maybe some wool, cobble, etc for the body of the ship.
10/13/2013 12:37 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
RM_Epic
It's a very good start. The hull of the airship needs to be a bit longer. The zeppelin needs to be bigger and longer too. You might also want to get rid of the blue and leave the stone bricks. maybe add the blue as a decoration on the stone bricks. Your ropes should also be more dynamic instead of static. On the sides don't just use stairs. Try breaking a block or two going up. The front of the ship also shouldn't be a triangle shape.

Take note of my font of the ship outline.

Take a look at how I didn't just use stairs.

PM or reply to me if you need any more help. I'd be glad to
10/13/2013 12:36 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Thrix
To me... The balloon seems a little bit too small... Maybe bigger?
- A Noob
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome