My First House (used a tutorial)

Ethoteric's Avatar Ethoteric8/19/14 4:55 pm
1 emeralds 401 9
8/19/2014 9:44 pm
Ethoteric's Avatar Ethoteric
After a little more MC getting-used-to, I decided it was time to build a legit house, not a little shack made out of dirt or dug into the dirt, but I didn't exactly know where to start.

So I googled up some minecraft houses and scrolled through a bunch of finished houses that looked incredibly awesome, but I wanted something a little more beginner-like for me. And so I went to step-by-step minecraft house tutorials and found Youcraftserver's Build a house in 5 steps.

Skimming through each step, it seemed fairly easy for me to build so I got started right away. The whole process took me nearly three hours (adding in my perfectionistic attitude which made me change my mind alot to want to tweak things a bit) and I started to stray away from what Youcraftserver's house actually looked like.

I ended up adding some lava..replacing some parts of the wooden roof with stone slabs..not putting blocks where they should've been..putting blocks where they shouldn't have been..added a fountain..and maybe a pool to go with it

Here are some screenshots of my legit house (built near my first village that I found):

This is the front of my house. As you can see, I got a bit lazy during Step 5 of the tutorial. I remember staring at the image Youcraftserver provided for that step and thinking what..the hell..is going on here... I mean the whole color coding was helpful and I understood what he was trying to explain but I didn't get how to start it off. wow. such noob. much idiot. can't even start the roof without extra help.

The back of my house. Originally, I also wanted a door here and I actually did build one but I thought against it because there's nothing but a wide open area (now with a pool) that leads to the forest of oak trees, both usually filled with all those nasty mobs. Weird side note: Sometimes when I walk past the lava outside or when I'm inside near this area, I can hear the sizzling of wood catching on fire as if the lava splattered onto them. Which..doesn't really make sense because I made sure to protect the inside of my house by containing the lava within stone dugouts

A view of one of my lava trenches with the dazzling village (I pretty much fail to protect so I spawned a bunch of Iron and Snow Golems to help when I'm not up to village/villager guarding xD) in the background. So the main reason why I added in these lava trenches was to prevent skeletons (zombies too but they usually end up dying first since they're slow) from hiding in the little shady areas the roof provides. Thought they were for style? Eh, I wouldn't have put them in like that. Maybe next time I'll experiment with lava floors inside the house.

First floor inside view of my house, particularly focused on my infamous failed "spiral" staircase. I tried to get a little fancy-shmancy with the stairs..wanted to build a spiral..type of thing..uh..well you can obviously tell that there aren't that many floors to work with or that much room for that matter, to build a more eye-appealing spiral. Jeez..my bad..at least I attempted >-> I also decided to use the same wood he used for his floors which is jungle wood. It had a nice color to it, so why not? My fav. type to use for indoor wooden floors used to be birch, but I has discovered an equal. Mwahahahaha.

Second floor. Don't you just love my labels/signs above each one o' my chests? such organize. Ahh..I have no life whatsoever...

Day and night view of my mini fountain, featuring the letter A. What's the A stand for? Wouldn't you like to know--of course I'm gonna tell you. If anyone is even gonna read this post.. My name is Andrew. I enjoy playing MC with milady Her name is Asia. much cheesy.

Night and day view of both the pool and the stairs leading to & from the fountain. A little backstory to this..ahah you guys are gonna love this. Milady was mad at me so in an attempt to get her to talk to me, I built her this pool cuz well..originally the pool was her idea. I told her I didn't want a pool yet cuz I was trying to stick to the whole making the house look like it belonged in any MC village as part of the regular default biome. She was also watching me build it and asked what I was building. I told her not to worry about it (I know, I'm mean) and continued to build while she waited inside the house. Finally finished it, told her to come out, she saw it but I guess she was still kinda mad xD later on she told me she loved it. WOOT! Backstory to the backstory: For the roof of our very first house we built together, it was just plain glass..that is..until I added red stained glass to create a heart..which she thought was pretty cute. So why not put a heart at the bottom of the pool?

Even though this is my first forum post, damn I sure talked alooot. This isn't even a good house I built just wanted to hear any thoughts about it though..improvements too maybe? I'm currently building a modern house somewhere faaar from where the village is, but whenever I can get around to it, I wanna make some changes to it. Hopefully, I don't end up just abandoning it. I mean..all my horses are over there so xD

And school is starting in a week. College freshman, eh? Blah. Not really looking forward to it. I'm just so used to going back to school in September, not August Oh wells.

Peace out,
Dermanenlion

Ethoteric
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner