Generated Structures. Which are your favorite?

Spookyhappyfun's Avatar Spookyhappyfun8/14/13 9:24 am
8/15/2013 11:29 am
Spookyhappyfun's Avatar Spookyhappyfun
I'm a big fan of the generated structures that Mojang has created that appear across the world. It all started years ago with the dungeons, and later expanded with the Adventure Update to include things like Villages, Strongholds, and Abandonded Mineshafts. Now we've also got Jungle Temples, Desert Temples, Desrt Wells, Witches' Huts, and Nether Fortresses. And that doesn't even include the Obsidian Pillars and Platform that spawn as part of the End.

I'm such a fan of structures that I even created an entire Adventure map called Nyvarld that takes a generated vanilla world and adds tons of new structures all over for people to discover and explore.

Which are your favorite of Mojang's structures?

Also, are there any new ones that you'd really like to see them include in a future update?
Spookyhappyfun
Level 23 : Expert Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/15/2013 10:45 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Osca32
My favourite are probably abandoned mineshafts. I just love how there is so much to explore.
I think in future updates they should expand on villages. So they are more unpredictable and usually spawn in more sensible places (close to a river and forest instead of in the middle of a desert on top of a ravine. If they had more "shops" like bakeries and a market, would make a stay at a village more pleasurable.
08/15/2013 10:34 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
TheWombatDonut
Strongholds. I used to like villages, but know villagers creep me out with their HMMMMMMM sounds,
08/15/2013 11:29 am
Spookyhappyfun
Creep you out? HMMMMMMM?

Osca32My favourite are probably abandoned mineshafts. I just love how there is so much to explore.
I think in future updates they should expand on villages. So they are more unpredictable and usually spawn in more sensible places (close to a river and forest instead of in the middle of a desert on top of a ravine. If they had more "shops" like bakeries and a market, would make a stay at a village more pleasurable.

I think what would be cool is if they created a couple new buildings for villages and each building would only spawn in a village in a certain biome, or only once or twice in the world. That way there would be more unique buildings and give some sense that each village was different. I'd alos love it if they would further furnish some of the houses in the village, but they're pretty good so far.
08/15/2013 10:24 am
Spookyhappyfun
Anyone else have any favorite structures or new ones they'd like to see?
08/14/2013 10:41 am
Level 42 : Master Pony
Legomankyle
It's all about those pyramids
08/14/2013 10:39 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
TheCrazyPanda
dungeons and blacksmiths
08/14/2013 10:53 am
Spookyhappyfun
The blacksmith sops in town are pretty cool, but I wish they would have anvils. Some say it's OP to have access to them so early, but I think it would fit in well with the shop.

LegomankyleIt's all about those pyramids

Those desert temples are pretty cool and I like that they've got ankhs and pyramids built into their design, but I'd also like to encounter a large actual pyramid. That's one of the reasons I built one into Nyvarld. It's got some traps and treasures just like the desert temples, but they're of a more classic egyptian style. You should check it out! I bet you'd like it.
08/14/2013 10:17 am
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
Um? Maybe zombie spawn rooms? I just get exited when I get to grab some loot
08/14/2013 10:13 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner
Sungwonc01
Mineshafts, I like to think that someone collapsed the mine entrance and left the rest to die,
Click to reveal
BUT, then a magical pixie by the name of Sarf helped guide the miners to safety, and they found the jerk who collapsed the mineshaft and beat the crap out of him. And they griefed his house.
08/14/2013 10:31 am
Spookyhappyfun
Haha! That's one explanation!
08/14/2013 10:05 am
Spookyhappyfun
SlyTurtlesZZMy favorite structure is Dungeons, although they are only a 3x3(or 3x4 room idk exactly) room they are super rare and make me feel like I accomplished something whenever I find them without using special seeds.

I remember in Alpha and early Beta when I would get so excited when I found a dungeon. Once we finally got a look at strongholds, though, we all realized that that's what dungeons probably should have been all along. But the small square room dungeons still hold a kind of simple appeal to me.

Sure, they're tiny and don't make too much sense (who built this tiny room in the middle of solid rock this far down in the earth with no caves around to access it?), but it's still pretty exciting to catch a glimpse of cobblestone or mossy cobblestone when mining and know that you're in for a treat.
08/14/2013 9:32 am
Level 42 : Master Pokemon
bastiao09
Npc Villages
08/14/2013 9:30 am
Level 34 : Artisan Sailor
SlyTurtlesZZ
My favorite structure is Dungeons, although they are only a 3x3(or 3x4 room idk exactly) room they are super rare and make me feel like I accomplished something whenever I find them without using special seeds.
My 2nd favorite is Villages
I would like to see castles and the stuff ^Spooky said too.
08/14/2013 9:27 am
Spookyhappyfun
Personally, my favorites are the temples and the villages.

And in future updates, I'd really love to see new structures like small forts or castles, entrances to mineshafts, tree houses in the jungles, and small graveyards.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome