Help needed for an RPG style adventure map

The Cubic Team's Avatar The Cubic Team6/27/18 4:49 pm history
7/1/2018 7:09 pm
The Cubic Team's Avatar The Cubic Team
Hi, I'm going to start making an RPG adventure map very soon. I'm practising examples for commands found all over the web and I'm getting the hang of how i can do certain things. My aim is to make a world with loads of places to explore, dungeons to explore and loot, special bosses to kill and quests to complete, as well as the story to follow. I'm going to start the map with a small village. This is where the game will begin. Once that is finished, i'll create the project and continue updating as I add to the map.

Now, where do i need help? I would really appreciate if anyone could suggest or tell me some other useful commands / command systems and what they do. I'm familiar with scoring, giving items, item detection, text display etc, but I'd like some info on anybodies knowledge on, say, a shop and currency system, loot systems, random drop chances of custom items, or other kinds of quest systems, stuff like that. any sort of map suggestions would be appreciated too, relating to the story line, dungeon designs, places in the world.

Thank you for reading this!
The Cubic Team
Level 38 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/01/2018 7:09 pm
The Cubic Team
Just an update on this map:
I’ve downloaded the 1.13 pre release and I’m getting used to the new blocks and the whole new command system. I’d say the new commands are a lot easier and efficient but there’s a few other things I don’t understand yet! All in good time though. My world, still thinking of a name, will have a sky island theme. The village you start off in will be a sky island, where if you do happen to fall off, you will die. I will have keepInventory true though, it’s pretty much a must for this kind of map. Another area of the game I have in mind is ‘The Distorted Forest’ where there will be a large cube with trees growing on each individual side. Gravity stays the same either way so you will need to navigate the grass, the logs and the trees. Finally, the quest system is coming together smoothly, with internal objectives keeping track of progress. The game will give you quest sheets for each individual quest so no matter where you are in the world, you can look in your inventory and see what needs doing.
Finally finally, there will be a currency system in the form of ‘Coins’. I have implemented rewarding these, but im a bit stuck with the new commands, with how to use the Coins (which is a scoreboard dummy objective) to buy items or sell items for coins. For an example:
I may have 23 Coins and I want a cool looking weapon called Splinter. At the shop area, Splinter costs 20 coins. I want a command (either somehow clicking on a sign or just a button) to test if I have 20 or more coins. I want it to give me the item if I do, or say ‘you dont have enough coins’ if I don’t. Any ideas with the new commands? Thank you guys!
06/28/2018 11:05 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Flamingler
Are you planning on making a custom map with it?
06/28/2018 11:56 am
The Cubic Team
Yes I want to implement these commands into a custom map with a custom built world and a storyline
06/28/2018 12:16 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Flamingler
Aha, well i'd recommend that you first start on creating the map were you want all this to take place, commands and all that will come later, maybe one of my own projects can inspire you:
https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/aeseria-the-new-world/
Its a map that i will turn into a RPG.

Shops can be made with the help of MCedit (Download a shop filter and tada!)
Also you might want to check out the program called worldpainter it can help you create your own custom map!
06/28/2018 12:42 pm
The Cubic Team
Your world looks amazing! I'll take a look at world painter too so thank you
06/28/2018 10:52 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Engineer
TriusMalarky
If you can, utilize worldedit during the building part.
06/28/2018 10:54 am
The Cubic Team
Yeah im using Mcedit beta 2 for that, i’ll use that for huge structures, and natural structures too like forests, mountains etc, thank you.
06/28/2018 9:28 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
BartTheBart
Here are some generators that might help you a bit.

Mobs, items and general commands:
https://mcstacker.net/

Loot tables:
http://minecraft.tools/en/loots.php

Armorstand animation stuff:
https://mrgarretto.com/armorstand/

Advancements:
https://advancements.thedestruc7i0n.ca/

Generators will help alot. Expecially if you have basic, yet limited command knowledge.
If you've got any specific/ advanced command questions, feel free to message me.
Knock yourself out my friend!
~BartTheBart
06/28/2018 9:34 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
BartTheBart
Also, i forgot to mention. You can join this discord server if you need help aswell. There are some well known and really good commanders in here. They will be able to help you more with some advanced stuff then I could.
https://discord.gg/%51AFXFtZ
The Cubic Team
Thank you for both replies! Thank you for the links to the generators, didnt know most of them even existed, so i’ll be sure to use that. As for you and the discord server, I’ll be sure to ask if i need help so thank you very much!
06/28/2018 5:17 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
BoneCraftSrbYouTube
Hey I can help I have some expereince in making RPG maps I made one and posted it on planetminecraft and another one that I was making with a firend!
The Cubic Team
Ah great i’ll have to look at it then, thank you.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome