How to build a city

great butter's Avatar great butter8/3/13 8:43 am
8/4/2013 11:30 am
Mystic_Tower's Avatar Mystic_Tower
Hello people I was wondering what things I should put in my city (not including houses)
it is a modern city
great butter
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/04/2013 11:30 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Mystic_Tower
Terraforming can actually be done without a program, similar to many other features. It just takes a lot of work and knowledge on how to make a balanced environment. If you can build realistic hills, mountains, trees, all of that by hand, you'll be able to do this just fine. It would take so much longer to do basically everything by hand, but I have seen many "by-hand" builds on PMC that looked better than those with terraforming, McEdits, ect. It all depends on how far your willing to go, how much your willing to work, and how determined you are. How this helped!
08/04/2013 11:28 am
Level 20 : Expert Robot
Brannflakes101
Apartments, motels, hotels, restaurants, sub ways, trains, roads, sky liners, needle point towers, parking garages and lots, strip malls, malls in general, offices, theme parks.

I own a futuristic server.
08/03/2013 9:55 am
Level 22 : Expert Ninja
LordGrape
LOL I do too. All that clicking, your hand might quit.
08/03/2013 9:39 am
LordGrape
Yeah, Terraforming (although sometimes a pain) is a must. I've recently found that, posting submissions in a regular Minecraft world with custom terrain makes things that much cooler, but it takes a bit longer to make it. There's so many elements to worry about.
08/03/2013 3:47 pm
great butter
i am on xbox minecraft so there is no such thing as 'terraforming'.
08/03/2013 9:42 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
marrioman13
It sounds odd, but I find terraforming (by hand) to be therapeutic.
08/03/2013 9:34 am
LordGrape
Either could work, although you probably just want to use normal or large biomes and edit it. However, if you want to use superflat, I recommend customizing it so the y axis for ground level is at least 60.
08/03/2013 9:36 am
marrioman13
^this, it may seem a lot of work to terraform entire areas, but it makes something look even more sublime.
08/03/2013 9:27 am
great butter
Should I use normal or super-flat?
08/03/2013 9:17 am
marrioman13
glad we could help, and on behalf of LordGrape
08/03/2013 9:17 am
LordGrape
marrioman13
LordGrape(Sorry, I play a game called Virtual City and it's fun. XD)

The App? Virtual City: Playground? <3

Close, I play the original PC version of Virtual City. <3

And yes, you can never have too much in a city. AND DON'T FORGET THE CUSTOM TREES AND THE RANDOM BOULDERS. Touches like that really make people go "wow, he has everything."

@Great Butter: No problem. =P Virtual City players definitely know how to make a city lmao. (Believe me, it's mountains and mountains of work, but it'll be worth it when you see your city has more than the next guy and has more details)
08/03/2013 9:07 am
marrioman13
LordGrape(Sorry, I play a game called Virtual City and it's fun. XD)

The App? Virtual City: Playground? <3

Back on topic
All of the above, you can never add to much to your city, just remember there is order among the chaos and although buildings are similar, avoid clones
08/03/2013 9:02 am
LordGrape
Any and everything that's in your city in real life. =P Parks, theatres, emergency response centers, police departments, city halls, maybe one or two big business corporate buildings.

Click to reveal
Specific: You could make an industry inside or just outside the town/city, like for example clothes, then you'd have cotton farms, wool farms, fabric factories, synthetic fibre factories, etc. Then you'd deliver the synthetic fibres and the fabric to the factories and then ship the clothes to the mall. (Sorry, I play a game called Virtual City and it's fun. XD) But yeah, that's a realistic production line as far as factories. You could also just combine the factories and just have two farms.

Gas station, parking garage, shopping mall, Bus/Transit center, a downtown area, office buildings for daaaays. Maybe a hotel or two, and a city attraction to spark tourism, for example a monument. Oh! Maybe your city has a major highway passing through it, make sure you have billboards and exit signs.

And don't forget the courthouse and a jailhouse.

Sorry if this is a lot, just trying to think of everything and I'm sure I've missed a lot.

*Edit: and a library! How could I have forgotten a library!
08/03/2013 9:15 am
great butter
thanks for all of this, with all these ideas i can make multiple cities!!!
08/03/2013 8:56 am
marrioman13
so, suburbs, small picketed homes, larger homes in the inner city, Center needs a variation of Skyscrapers and medium sized buildings etc. to add effect larger bridges and dams across rivers etc.
08/03/2013 8:45 am
marrioman13
Depends, modern or middle aged? Future? etc.
08/03/2013 8:53 am
great butter
it is modern
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome