[Cruise Ship]The Onyx Surveyor [Large][WIP][FULL INTERIOR]

TauSigmaNova's Avatar TauSigmaNova8/15/14 4:08 pm
8/20/2014 6:16 pm
TauSigmaNova's Avatar TauSigmaNova
Been working on this ship for 2 weeks so far and it's barely making it along. I'm nowhere near done but thought I had enough to warrant posting it for criticism. It's an original design, though many parts of it are based off of real life cruises, mainly: RCCL MS Allure of the Seas, NCL MV Gem and the NCL Breakaway. I've been on the first two and that's where I've gotten most of the ideas.

As it stands, the ship is 282 blocks long, 34 wide at the water level, 48 wide at it's maximum [bridge], and has 9 decks in construction right now. I plan to make it 10-11 decks high by the finish, maybe more. So far the only completely finished decks are 5,6,7, and 8 and 4+9 are in construction.

This project so far has been entirely solo and I've been doing it on my old laptop at about 15fps since I'm on vacation. If you think you know what ships some of these parts are from/based on, feel free to tell .
I originally did this as planning for a towny server I play on often and it was going to be ~100 blocks in length, but I decided to do the whole thing.

More pics coming soon. Album here:http://imgur.com/a/UaB6m#7 as the pics are uploaded to imgur ill be posting them here.

ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK APPRECIATED.
TauSigmaNova
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

TauSigmaNova
08/20/2014 6:16 pm
bumpo
TauSigmaNova
08/18/2014 11:16 pm
Is this cheating?

I hope not...
Did some hull text like on the Breakaway/most RCI ships using ImageXMap. I thought it REALLY needed it and this was the best I could do, mostly done with trial and error.

It's also on the front, where I did some forward hull work after seeing recent pics of Quantum's float out (occured 5 days ago)

TauSigmaNova
08/18/2014 1:22 pm
Bridge complete. Width at bridge: 48

TauSigmaNova
08/18/2014 1:51 am
Updated OP... Bridge added to hull, did some more hull planning. Impressing myself tbh.

TauSigmaNova
08/17/2014 3:24 pm
Like watersports? Arrived at a port of call and don't want to go to the beach? Rent some jetskis! The Onyx Surveyor has jet ski rentals, first come first serve, for any cruisers that are interested. Just go to Guest Services and sign up and pay the excursion rental fee, and when you arrive at port - come down to Deck 2's Jet Ski bay at the time listed on your ticket and have fun!

When the bay doors close, the water is drained out and piston-based locks stop water from entering. When arriving at port, the locks open and water can pour in, floating the jet skis up and getting them ready to go!
Colonellooo
08/17/2014 2:41 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
This looks really nice.
Nozzie8
08/17/2014 2:11 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
I would like to help you build the interior of rooms. I helped some1 do a 100% modern interior of a house and the satisfaction is 10/10.
No not hesitate to contact me
TauSigmaNova
08/17/2014 2:35 pm
Thanks for the offer, but ill pass. The interior is easy enough to do and I don't want to set up a server to do it. I also don't want to have to explain some of my layout ideas and building rooms is easy- build 1, world edit to stack it and just replace the paintings. I usually prefer to work solo, but thanks again for the offer to help, it's very much appreciated
TauSigmaNova
08/17/2014 1:18 pm
No? No takers? Bump again.
TauSigmaNova
08/15/2014 9:38 pm
[bump]
Nearly done with Deck 8. Presenting: The Rainbow Bar.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome