What are the steps of building a server hub?

Manaea's Avatar Manaea10/25/17 5:54 pm history
1 emeralds 177 3
5/18/2019 11:00 am
Acier's Avatar Acier
Hello guys, new kid on the block here.

I've just recently become part of this community even thought I've been playing this game for over 5 years now. The reason for this is that building has spiked my interest lately. I've been watching time-lapses and build tutorials for a while now and I think I'm getting the hang of it, but I still need help in some areas.
Building a server hub is one such area. I just do not know how to properly create one. Do builders just freestyle their builds or do they plan them before beginning and follow a set course of action to complete their build? Any tips and small guides to help me improve would be appreciated.

Cheers,Manaea out.
Manaea
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Acier
10/26/2017 12:25 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
step 1: place blocks
step 2: keep placing blocks
step 3: follow your gut
step 4:if it looks like crap delete it and start over
Thymph
10/25/2017 10:54 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Procrastinator
Ok first of all: Wide open spaces are generally better then rooms as they feel less cramped. The main types of lobby are: Sky/floating where the entire lobby is high above the ground if any; Mountainous where the lobby is surrounded by a form of barrier (eg: water or a wall) or hill; Survival where the lobby is just a giant protected spawn area where the players spawn and and walk to the edge of and start playing. I would choose one of those designs. Another thing to consider is if you will require portals or not. If it is Just a lobby world then I suggest you make room for portals, teleporting signs or an area to switch worlds at.

Also consider what to make your lobby out of. You can make it theamed, eg The Nether, or you can just build until you make a cool, interesting design that you like.

Good luck
Nagathar
10/25/2017 6:27 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
You mostly start with the terrain and a mid(spawn for players)can be buildings or maybe a castle or a tree use you imagination add walls or something where players wont glitch out of add signs with the gamemodes you want or rules,staff anything like that build add small builds or islands, maybe parkour(your choice or just something what you like like i said use your imagination :P i hope this will help :D
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome