RE - Anyone know how to make RAM

Steve_OH's Avatar Steve_OH3/27/13 10:01 am
1 emeralds 321 5
3/28/2013 8:32 am
CastleCorp's Avatar CastleCorp
OP - anyone-know-how-make-ram-t236642.html

So I saw a post earlier where the OP asked how to make RAM. There was some lovely discussion about internet humor and jokes, but nothing that answered his question. I thought to myself, noting this, that I should make a post explaining what RAM in minecraft is and how to make it.

I am not sure of your understanding of D Flip Flops/Latches, but these are essentially the base components of RAM. RAM is made by adding a series of these next to eachother. The write functions are all connected to the same line and the input is connected to the binary bus.

I made a tutorial on my OLD youtube account that I really don't use anymore that explains RAM quite extensively and simply if you are interested.
Click to reveal

Thank you. Hope this has helped people

Steve
Steve_OH
Level 40 : Master Engineer