Error: Cannot place block outside of the world_

Don_Swordsman's Avatar Don_Swordsman1/18/14 8:13 am
1 emeralds 27.9k 8
2/24/2014 8:09 am
Creeper_Modder's Avatar Creeper_Modder
So i am play testing an adventure map i am making and for some reason on of the command blocks with a setblock command is give back and error: "Cannot place block outside of the world_".
Normally when i see this I realize that I have put the coordinates in wrong, however this time around the x y z is 100% correct...
I thought maybe the chunk unloaded, but command blocks setting blocks a few blocks farther away do spawn.... what is happening and what can i do to fix it?
Don_Swordsman
Level 27 : Expert Prince

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/24/2014 8:09 am
Level 21 : Expert Modder
Creeper_Modder
tell me the command pls
02/24/2014 7:35 am
Don_Swordsman
I just moved the command blocks... easy enough.
01/21/2014 8:10 am
Level 22 : Expert Button Pusher
treyishuman
Same thing happened to me, accept the problem was I simply didn't add a minus to the beginning of one f the coordinates. Check that.
01/21/2014 6:23 am
Don_Swordsman
It happens a lot, even more with the summon command. And the clocks don't help any... Im putting them in the same square so i know they are in the chunk. I think its just some malfunction of the system... it seems to happen more in the snapshots then it did in 1.7.

at this point I am just doing a work around so I can release my map.

Could it have something to do with running to many commands at the same time?
01/21/2014 8:08 am
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Jmal116
I don't think it has anything to do with what commands are run, but there could be a bug in the snapshots that I don't know about (I haven't really played with them much ). One thing is that if this is for a map where the players will be near the blocks that are being changed, then the issue might go away entirely because there is actually a person there to keep the chunks loaded. However if it is a bug then you may just have to find a workaround.

Could you upload a picture of your system, and indicate which command blocks are failing? It could also be something wrong with how you're powering them, and it's especially easy to mess up if you're using a comparator clock.
01/18/2014 8:31 pm
Jmal116
Exactly how far away are you placing it? It does sound like an unloaded chunk error, even if you don't think it would be, as the chunks tend to behave rather strangely.

If you want to try a quick fix, then put a hopper clock in the chunk you want to place the block. This should load the chunk, and at the very least let you know if this is the problem or not.
01/19/2014 3:09 am
Don_Swordsman
I will try the hopper clock... it is odd because there are two other command blocks very near by that do the same setblock command to a few blocks away from the problem area.
01/19/2014 9:05 am
Jmal116
Well it is possible that you do it right across a chunk boundary. And since command blocks don't reload chunks, only physical redstone, it remains unloaded.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome