How to put words in other peoples mouths with command blocks

IdealIdeas91's Avatar IdealIdeas912/22/13 7:28 am
1 emeralds 16.2k 19
3/12/2013 9:47 pm
Willsr71's Avatar Willsr71
Im a total idiot with command blocks and have been using Server Signs plugin for server far before command blocks ever existed.

How do I make it so when a player activates a command block it makes as if a player has said something?

Say I activate a button and it says
IdealIdeas: blah blah blah

Im looking for the way to make it use the players name and not the [Server]
IdealIdeas91
Level 27 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/12/2013 9:47 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Programmer
Willsr71
Ok this is going to be a short tut on the /tp command.
@a = All players
@p = Closest player
@r = Random player
x = x coord
y = y coord
z = z coord
I am just going to use @a in all the examples to simplify things, but you can use any one of them.

- Teleport players to a player. "/tp @a <player>" Teleports all players to selected player.
- Normal teleport to coords. "/tp @a x y z" Teleports all players to the specified coords.
- Teleport players from a set radius. "/tp @a[r=20] x y z" Teleports all players in a 20 block radius of the command block to specified coords.
- Teleport players from a specific location. "/tp @a[x,y,z,r=1] x y z" Teleports all players in a one block radius from the first set of coords to the second set of coords.
- Teleport players of a certain level. "/tp @a[l=5] x y z" Teleports all Players that are level 5 to the specified coords.
- Teleport players above or at a level. "/tp @a[lm=5] x y z" Teleports all players that are at or above level 5 to specified coords.
- Teleport players af a certain gamemode. "/tp @a[m=2] x y z" Teleports all players that are in Adventure mode to specified coords. 1 is Creative, 2 is Adventure, and 0 is Survival.
You can use more then one of these together by seperating them with commas. Ex: "/tp @a[lm=5,m=2,r=20] x y z" That teleports all players that are at or above level 5, that are in adventure mode, and that are in a 20 block radius to the specified coords. There is not order that you have to put them in except for teleporting from specified coords. The coords must go first or it will not work. Ex: /tp @a[-456,123,789,1] x y z" That teleported all the players in a one block radius of the coords -456 123 789 to the specified coords.

Thats basically it. If you need any help with anything then let me know.

-Willsr71
03/12/2013 12:07 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
Lenny3214
You don't need to have / in the commands
03/10/2013 6:13 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon
VeteranDragon
03/05/2013 6:42 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
MarioMaster0504
03/02/2013 11:42 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
DomotheMiner
1) Why would you need this? Trying to make someone say trash talk to the admins xD
03/02/2013 11:59 am
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
A normal player couldn't get a Command Block, as it doesn't have a recipe.
03/06/2013 7:20 pm
Level 49 : Master Ninja
LOLDA
yup, but you can get it by typing command: /give (playername) 137 (number)
03/02/2013 10:36 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
StudioDude500
ok, i just figured out command block commands yesterday. [i used them on my latest parkour map.] and all i know how to do is @p is closest player, and @a is all players. then you type whatever you wanna say. also you can type in stuff like: /time set 0, or /weather clear, or /give Studiodude500 46 64. i would like more info on how to tp. players with command blocks. thanks!
03/02/2013 10:42 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
How to teleport players:
/tp [@p @a or @r] [x coord] [y coord] [z coord]
03/01/2013 6:51 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
Lenny3214
In the new update i think if you rename the command block (in an anvil) it wont say [@] it will say [thenameyourenamedit]
02/26/2013 11:16 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
This is what ya do: Place a command block, The add a redstone signal how evere you want. Say, A pressure plate. You put /say @p : Hello!

And Say, Notch Was closest. It should say:

[@] Notch : Hello!

If it was for a two-player map instead, You should use @r So it randomly picks a player.
03/01/2013 6:44 pm
Level 21 : Expert Lumberjack
Aeons
This is what I said.
02/26/2013 11:09 pm
Level 49 : Master Ninja
LOLDA
IdealIdeas91Im a total idiot with command blocks and have been using Server Signs plugin for server far before command blocks ever existed.

How do I make it so when a player activates a command block it makes as if a player has said something?

If you want to use vanilla, and you want to make people speak, it's quite simple. All you need are command blocks and some redstone. if you want to add some awesomeness, use mcedit (see below.)

A command block uses a simple command to say something: /say.
/say outputs a message following the /say. You can add variables, paramaters and much more by adding into the text. For example, if you want a random person, in creative mode and with 13 levels, you would type into the command block;
/say Hi, I'm @r[m=1,l=13,lm=13] This would come up on the screen as
Hi, I'm (playername) The player would HAVE to be in creative and have 13 levels to be selected randomly on the screen. This is an example of how to use command blocks.

if you want to add some colour to your text, simply go to mcedit, click on your command block that you already put text into, then use a filter to edit the block, and change the colour of the text. It makes it look much more awesome!

Hope this helps!
02/23/2013 5:46 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
1b8 is almost right...

but the one hes think of is /me @p: [random text]

or maybe you could try /@p [random thing]

OROR, even /[player name] PA
02/23/2013 5:52 pm
Aeons
Er... /me @p: [random text] would mean that the command block says
x@ @p: random text,
/@p [random thing] would do nothing,
and /[player name] PA would also do nothing.
(I'm pretty sure)
02/23/2013 5:43 pm
Aeons
In vanilla just type say @p : blah blah blah
In this example, if I pushed the button it would say;
[@] 1b8 : blah blah blah
Sorry, but there's no way to get the "[@]" bit off the front.
-1b8
02/23/2013 5:35 pm
Level 22 : Expert Narwhal
Mega_Kratos
On the command block you need to type: say @p (whatever you want him to say)
When the command block is activated it will say for example: IdealIdeas blah blah blah
02/22/2013 7:51 am
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
IdealIdeas91
Elycin
IdealIdeas91Im a total idiot with command blocks and have been using Server Signs plugin for server far before command blocks ever existed.

Get Essentials then do
"/sudo PLAYERNAME YOUR-TEXT-HERE"

wait, plugin commands work with command blocks???
But there is a vanilla way to do it too.
02/22/2013 7:40 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Wolf Whisperer
DeleteThisPleaseThan

Get Essentials then do
"/sudo PLAYERNAME YOUR-TEXT-HERE"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome