[Resolved] Summon Item : Banners?

-TheGuy's Avatar -TheGuy9/7/14 7:24 pm
1 emeralds 2.9k 9
9/9/2014 5:03 pm
-TheGuy's Avatar -TheGuy
Hi, I was wondering if you could summon a banner with patterns? No give, no setblock, but summon. IS this possible?
-TheGuy
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

-TheGuy
09/09/2014 5:03 pm
Woww! Thanks dude! Helps a lot! Really, you are my liberator! I didn't knew how to do that! Now I can continue my map.

Your name will be in the Credits section
Skylinerw
09/09/2014 11:12 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
-TheGuyHi, I was wondering if you could summon a banner with patterns? No give, no setblock, but summon. IS this possible?

Banner items themselves do not have any unique item data. Instead, the banner item variants use the "BlockEntityTag" to store the potential data for the tile entity itself (so you'd be looking at data for the tile entity rather than the item). This particular tag holds tile entity data for any items that have a tile entity associated with it, such as chests and spawners. So for example, summoning an Item entity as a banner with a basic black background and white skull:
/summon Item ~ ~1 ~ {Item:{id:minecraft:banner,Count:1,tag:{BlockEntityTag:{Base:0,Patterns:[{Pattern:sku,Color:15}]}}}}
-TheGuy
09/07/2014 9:13 pm
Summon Item puts items on the floor. But yeah, summon is mostly used for mobs, not non-living entities. So that's not what I'm talking 'bout.
sa5mmm
09/07/2014 8:30 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Zombie
Well for a while summoning things with dyed leather armor wasn't possible, but then they added that in a mini-update sort of thing. So maybe it's not possible right now and you'll have to wait for an update or two. (or maybe what I'm thinking of is summoning mobs with armor, I'm not entirely sure, but if no solutions now wait for it.)
-TheGuy
09/07/2014 7:45 pm
I want it to be on the ground and to not be pickupable/dispawnable. I know how to do theses. I'm sure it's possible :l
-TheGuy
09/07/2014 7:42 pm
But If you throw a banner on the grounds, it's an entity, right? You can summon a banner, but I dunno how to make the base <certain-color> and add paterns.. I'm shure it's possible.
TheLadyAesthetic
09/07/2014 7:43 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
It's called using a crafting table and maybe looking up the recipes
-TheGuy
09/07/2014 7:46 pm
Seriously ? Why do you think I post this in the Redstone section? Seriously ?

oO
Akeustlom
09/07/2014 7:40 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Scribe
No, banners are BlockEntities, not normal entities. You have to use give or setblock.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome