Working "Clean" Graphing Calculator in Minecraft

Spellguard's Avatar Spellguard5/7/14 9:56 pm
1 emeralds 527 5
5/11/2014 1:42 pm
Spellguard's Avatar Spellguard
Hai forum nerds,

Not only is this a shameless plug for my own project, but I need some help with command block syntax as I'm relatively new to 1.8 command blocks.

First of all, here's some pictures of my upcoming project, which is a y=mx+b equation/line plotter. The link to the project page explains it all; what it can and cannot do at the moment.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/minecraft-working-clean-graphing-calculator/
http://imgur.com/wnr8GhJ,tl9A9Uk,jWdlGfN,KpopEgr#0

World download is up now!

~Spellguard
Spellguard
Level 23 : Expert Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/11/2014 1:42 pm
Spellguard
Bumping mah post, because I have a world download for the graphing calculator up now. Have phun using it.
05/08/2014 6:40 pm
Spellguard
Got around to testing it, and decimals numbers are truncated.
05/08/2014 4:40 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Jmal116
While I haven't tried it myself, I believe it simply truncates any decimals. One thing you could do to get around this is to simply run the operation once with regular division, and once with modular. Then you can just save the quotient and the remainder as separate scores.
05/07/2014 10:51 pm
Spellguard
Thanks jmal, multiplication and division really opens up a lot. Does the scoreboard have a problem if the quotient from the division isn't an integer?
05/07/2014 10:12 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Jmal116
In addition to += and -=, you can also use *= (multiplication), /= (division), and %= (modular division).

As for line drawing, I've never actually done anything like it myself, but I've seen a couple people use bresenham's algorithm, which there's plenty of info on through google and such. I would suggest looking up Newomaster on youtube, he does a lot of computing and tutorials, and would probably be the best place to start.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome