ThisIsBurrFTW's Avatar ThisIsBurrFTW6/24/14 7:30 pm
1 emeralds 196 3
6/24/2014 8:32 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
Ok
Well first off, thank you for looking at my thread cx
-
I'm confused about shading.
Like, I mean I can do basic shading and everything like on the shirt and hair and such, but I can't do more than that.
-
I've tried using shading tutorials here on Planet Minecraft, but I use NovaSkin and most don't
-
I've also tried following those tutorials on the site or program they use, but since I'm not familiar with them... it really fails.
-
Do you guys have any tips on shading with NovaSkin, or just in general?
-
Thanks! -Burr
ThisIsBurrFTW
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/24/2014 8:32 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Shade according to where the skin would be light and dark in real life.

Wrinkle in your shirt? The bottom of the wrinkle is darker because the sun is above your head. The insides of your legs are darker than the outside because less light hits that surface...
06/24/2014 8:20 pm
Level 22 : Expert Architect
TehEpicKewlioness
48productionsJust to let you know, posting skins created with NovaSkin is against the rules. (Rules are at http://www.planetminecraft.com/rules/#banned_skinning_programs) You will need to use a different program if you want to post your skins.

Have you tried any of the programs that the shading tutorials use?

Only against the rules if you use pieces from other peoples skins. If you create it completely yourself, it is allowed.
06/24/2014 8:19 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
48productions
Have you tried any of the programs that the shading tutorials use? Those programs are probably good ones to use. (I don't skin, but I can give this advice)

(Edited because I accidentally broke a rule)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome