Just saw one of my most popular skins stolen and reuploaded on a different website. Idk if I'm flattered or annoyed lol

RomanXXII's Avatar RomanXXII2/6/21 3:45 pm
2/6/2021 4:34 pm
Kaos_Kitten's Avatar Kaos_Kitten
I occasionally check other websites to make sure my skins aren't appearing on them without my permission, but today was the first day I actually caught one on skindex. I can't tell if I'm annoyed that they reposted it without credit, or if I'm flattered that people actually like my skins enough to steal them. New experience I guess lol, I went ahead and reported it as stolen tho. Anyone else have this happen?
RomanXXII
Level 37 : Artisan Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/06/2021 4:20 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
Kaos_Kitten
Skindex isn't very good about stolen skins unfortunately. You can report it (but I believe you need an account to do so) and if they've edited it a little the skin may not be removed.
02/06/2021 4:24 pmhistory
RomanXXII
Yea they did edit it just slightly. All they did was remove the yellow outline from the front numbers (but not the back ones?) on my Patrick Mahomes skin. That's irritating though, even if it's just a small edit that's not really "original" work...
02/06/2021 4:26 pm
Kaos_Kitten
The skindex is very low staffed and rely on "community moderation".

Unfortunately because of this, they allow stolen skins to some degree. I deleted my skindex account after I found out, there's not much people can do about it but spread awareness.
02/06/2021 4:28 pm
RomanXXII
"Community moderation" can't take down stolen skins though :( that's unfortunate. I'm glad I switched to here, there's much better moderation when it comes to stolen skins. I just wish that applied to other websites. It's annoying seeing that stolen skin get more daily traction than mine lmfao
02/06/2021 4:34 pm
Kaos_Kitten
Yeah man, like they refused to remove skins with alterations because the person "contributed" according to them (they recoloured it)

One user had like over 75 stolen skins on their page, most of which were removed, and they were harassing users but they were never punished like :eyes:

PMC is a lot safer, especially for content creators!
02/06/2021 4:07 pmhistory
Level 42 : Master Magical Girl
DaniAdler
Recently someone added my "Pink Fox" mob skin to a collection and out of boredom I started to see what was in that collection. There was a mob skin called foxpink that looked same as mine but published 3 months later by another person.
I thought: That person published it a month ago and I didn't realize it? and I reported it as stolen. Having a skin stolen is an interesting experience lol.
02/06/2021 4:17 pm
RomanXXII
I'll never understand why people steal skins lol, it's just fake clout. It's way more rewarding to make your own skins
02/06/2021 4:22 pm
Level 42 : Master Magical Girl
DaniAdler
They are probably little kids. Or someone who is too lazy to do some skins and thinks that nothing happens if they take someone else's without giving credits.
02/06/2021 3:51 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Sus
iloveflareon
trust me its gonna start happening a lot
02/06/2021 3:59 pm
RomanXXII
Oh so fun lol, the reuploaded skin is already gaining more traction today than my real one 😐 hope this isn't gonna be common
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome