What do you guys think could be improved on this skin? You can criticize.

newnamegaming's Avatar newnamegaming2/18/24 3:12 am history
5 emeralds 183 9
2/23/2024 11:57 am
DustinShannon's Avatar DustinShannon

Reference:
newnamegaming
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/23/2024 11:57 amhistory
Level 1 : New Miner
DustinShannon
Well, to be honest, I don't think that I could've done better. So this is actually pretty good. Nothing to criticize.
02/23/2024 4:34 am
Level 30 : Artisan Miner
Cornbread_Alphanumeric
honestly, the design is pretty good. other than working on some pretty general pixel art skills like color count and hue-shifting, the only thing i can really think to say is maybe the saturation could be tweaked? but other than that i have no notes
02/23/2024 3:47 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
ObsidianPearl
I love this. There is some nice shading without it being too fuzzy. I agree about the eyes - just a bit startling. Great work.
02/22/2024 3:19 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Sir Ducksworth
I feel the eyes are too saturated, they pop a bit too much, a slightly lighter/ more muted blue i think would look good. Other than that I love the character, he gives me eclectic professor vibes
02/23/2024 10:36 am
newnamegaming
I tried using lower saturation to make it look a bit like cataracts, while dark eyes would look relatively normal. This skin has been finalised, if want to change it, it depends on the original customer's wishes, because this skin is customised for this customer.
02/18/2024 5:01 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Whale
TsengGames
Maybe add more details as the belt and shoulder pads are not present in your skin, I understand if you want your skin to be more simplistic, but it looks very different from the image without them
02/18/2024 7:49 am
newnamegaming
belt and shoulder pads are the component I directly discarded.
02/18/2024 3:52 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
This would be considerably easier if the skin was available in the PMC viewer (3D & 3axis rotation & various poses/movemnets & the ability to suppress the 2nd layer…)

Assuming the goal was to port the character in the photo:
As you've determined, the hat is a dead loss unless one is willig to use a custom model.
(Also the watchchain unless one goes to a much higher resolution.)

Similarly, you've done as well as can be expected with the boots, given neither Steve nor Alex has discernable toes…

No attempt at the baldric and left pauldron, nor the dirk or pouch seems to have been made…
IF these can be added believably, it would significantly increase the correspondence to the model.

It took looking at the model to understand that those are paired watchpockets rather than a belt (don't know how to fix that given the resolution)

The cuffed sleves of the skin strike me as being above the elbow rather than below as in the model…
similarly, th e boots an the skin seem to be below the knee and I can't see any representation of the buckles on the rear inide of the legs.

Overall, it looks like you've produced a noce skin woth most of the above 'complaints' resulting either from limitations of MC's resolution/models, or direct comparison to the model image
02/18/2024 7:55 amhistory
newnamegaming
The customer requested no hat. Baldric, left pauldron, dirk and pouch are the component I directly discarded. This is indeed a short sleeved shirt, due to personal preference.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome