Looking for a Server Manager

Partridge420xx's Avatar Partridge420xx12/6/21 3:43 pm
12/7/2021 3:14 pm
TheFitnessGram's Avatar TheFitnessGram
Hello there, I am one of 5 Owners of a Discord Server called Midnight Gaming.

Midnight Gaming is a general Gaming Discord Community with a bunch of different games, Awesome people to hang out with, Cool Bots to interact with. There was always something to do and someone to play with. We primarily focused around 2 games, One of which was Minecraft. I used to run a Network of Minecraft server for our community using Bungeecord.

Due to me not being available as much I have struggled to maintain it, and ultimately had to shut down our server network. Over time going through troubles with our other games, our community has definitely seen better days. Which brings us to today, I am looking to actively "restart" our discord server and breathe new life into it, Though in order to do that, I'll need some help I would like to bring someone to build and actively maintain a Minecraft Server for our community.

The Primary goal of this new Minecraft Server is to regain popularity around our discord again, as our old Minecraft Server was one of our main games
Though that is not the only goal, We plan on building up the Minecraft Server to a point where it is a place people want to stay and play

General Information

- This is not a paid position, Though Monetary gain is possible though money that would come from what the server makes.

- The server will be provided free of charge so there is no worries about having to rent a server for us.

- We have previously purchased plugins that you would be able to use within our network, Mainly revolving around economy/money.

- Plugin used for players linking to our discord server is called "DiscordSRV"

- The Minecraft server will be Monetized and within the EULA spec. Profits gained directly from the server will be split 35/65.

- 35% Midnight Gaming, 65% Server Manager

- Payout from Profits Earned will be paid to the Server Manager monthly.

- The server hasn't been made yet, I will spin it up once we have found people to fill the required positions.

Server Requirements

- The server will be branded under Midnight Gaming; try to use our color scheme when possible

- Our first Server will be PVE and Economy Based, When enough popularity grows we can potentially look into a factions server

- Players will have to link with our discord bot to receive the "Member" rank (basically entice people to join our discord server and be active)

- Ranks will be tied to discord roles (we have a discord role rank-up system based off chat activity)

Manager Requirements

- Must be at least 16 years of age

- Must use Discord

- Must be an easy going person

- Willing to work with others as a group

- Ability to work with feedback & criticism

- Basic Minecraft Server Administration Experience (configuring/updating plugins, preforming server backups, etc. Training can be provided circumstantially)

Being a manager you will be in charge of:

- Building the Server Economy. (Build a shop, Choose item pricing etc)

- Use Google sheets to keep track of pricing of items. and other various information for easier expansion in the future

- Finding staff to fill positions: Admin, Mod, Builder, Helper, etc.

- Staff can be your friends, or people you meet online, or applicants from every day players.

- You will be responsible for their actions to the server.

- Finding and implementing ways to improve the player experience.

- Finding New Players for our Minecraft server. (Votifier, Server Listings & More)

- Make server listings on multiple websites. (PlanetMinecraft, Minecraft server list, etc)

- Make rewards for voting, 10 diamonds?, 1000 cash? or you can have it random Up to you, Just make it something that's worth voting for.

- Finding ways to monetize the server. (with being EULA compliant)

=================================================================================================================================

If you feel that you would be interested in joining our initiative or just have questions, Please reach out to me (Chronic-Reflexes#9251) on our discord server here: http://discord.midnightgg.com

Please note, I am not active at all on PMC, You will have much better luck getting in touch with me on our discord

also, I DO NOT respond to friend requests with people who have no shared servers/friends, so please make sure you join our discord first
Partridge420xx
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner