New RP Server Looking for Talented Staff

FracturedForgeMC's Avatar FracturedForgeMC4/2/13 7:27 pm
6/20/2013 5:52 pm
Twister2013's Avatar Twister2013
Fractured Forge MC

A recently developed server is looking for talented builders and terraformers to help create a new experience for the MineCraft role playing community. We have recently finished a 10,000x10,000 custom map that is ready to have some life added to it. We recently realized that, in order to properly outfit the map the way we hope to, we must begin to add to our team. This is where you come in.

First off, let us tell you a bit about ourselves...

- Our team is made up of Role Playing veterans who have spent time on some of the top RP servers out there. The level of RP across these servers has ranged from light (to hardly any) role playing, to extremely hardcore role play.

- Along with our RP background comes a common interest in building. We would much rather role play in a world that we built on our own, than act on an entirely pre-built stage.

What can you expect to find with Fractured Forge...

- What we hope to accomplish with our server is a happy middle ground. In many light RP servers, chaos rules. On the other end, many heavy RP servers have gotten away from the entire concept of what MineCraft really is... Building.

- We hope to build a player base that not only respects each other, but also respects the game. The map will have a few pre-built towns, but for the most part, will be very open for players to venture out on their own. Initially these pre-built towns will serve as hotspots for RP, but over time this will expand as communities and nations begin to develop.

- We have already established very rich starting lore, and many areas were painted in with a concept in mind. This particular server will have a Steampunk/Medieval theme. Meaning, if you want to play it old school and build a magnificent ship set to sail the high seas... go for it. At the same time, if you want to get a little crazy and build a steam powered airship, you can fulfill your sky traveler desires.

What positions are we looking to fill...

- Media Admin

In charge of putting together media packages for the server. These will serve as recruitment for new staff as well as players. Experience and capability to do hi-res renders will be needed. We've got a lot of server to cover, so feel free to bring a team along with you.

- Builders

Buildings, bridges, boats, trees, statues, entire cities. If you build impressive things, we would like to have you be part of our team.

- Terraformers

One thing we all agree on is that all areas of the server should have a distinct feel. The initial process was started as we pieced together our 10,000x10,000 map on World Painter. The next steps will involve expanding the unique qualities of these areas by hand. If you are a World Edit or VoxelSniper rockstar... well then, you should be our friend.

We are happy to open up the map as a canvas for talented terraformers to come play. However, being that OP is required for such a thing, we do ask for prior experience as an admin.

- Website and Forum Developer(s)

Sadly, none of our core team has a ton of experience in building out websites and/or forums, but we do know that these are the front porch of the server. It is the first thing that new players will experience, and ultimately form their opinions from.

Because of this, we are looking for someone with a background developing gaming forums. Once again, this position has more access than others, so we would like to see previous experience doing so.

What's in it for you...

- Ground floor access to what we believe will be a very successful server. As an RP player, there's nothing like being in it from the start and helping develop a server's identity.

- Potential for in-game perks (titles, forum titles, etc.) once the server has gone live. This is something we will be discussing, but will very likely be implemented.

- Opportunities to transition in admin roles once the server is live. This will require further conversations and demonstrating the ability to be trusted with OP.

So you want in... How do you apply?

Simple, leave a post on this thread with the following details:

- IG Name
- Previous experience (please give us a few sentences on your experience)
- ​What tools are you familiar with. (world edit, voxel, etc.)
- What servers have you built/terraformed/developed forums for.
- Have you ever held any admin roles. If so, to what extent and how large was the server player base.
- What servers you have played on? (We are open to non RP players who would like to try)
- Why do you want to be a part of Fractured Forge?
- Finally, please include in your post (or a link to), a few pictures of your best work.

A staff member will review your application and reach out to you via pm for further discussion.
FracturedForgeMC
Level 29 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/20/2013 5:52 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Twister2013
Ill link you guys to some more pics of my work if that was the problem with my previous app.

http://min.us/mc80N5efICP8F

Like I said before, just message me if you want more in depth photos, or just better builds.
06/13/2013 11:36 pm
Level 29 : Expert Architect
FracturedForgeMC
Just to update everyone on the server process, we have finished up more of the main spawn town as well as several other server locations. The lore is almost completely finished as well.

At this time we are still taking resumes from builders. If you are accepted, you can expect to be put on a project right away as we are ramping up our effort to get the server launched ASAP.

Another key need right now is someone who has experience building forums. This is our focus as we want to start building the server community on the website prior to Alpha/Beta launches.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing everyone's applications. Please take some time to check out the builds that have been put onto the server already.

- The Fracture Forge Team
05/03/2013 10:25 pm
Twister2013
- What servers you have played on? (We are open to non RP players who would like to try): I tend to stick with servers based on recreations or building: MCME, WesterosCraft, etc. I have messed around on a few faction/ survival servers, but I enjoy building rather. I haven't been apart of a minecraft RP server before, but I am definitely looking forward to starting with FractureForge.
- Why do you want to be a part of Fractured Forge?: I really enjoy building/ helping with servers of worlds with a background to this scale of detail. My building style is based around Medieval structures as seen on this server. Since you need terrain help I am definitely willing to be a terraformer for you guys. I am also excited to start RP-ing here.
- Finally, please include in your post (or a link to), a few pictures of your best work.: My philosophy based on being ranked based on application pics isn't the greatest. I believe I should get promoted or more trust based on my participation on the server, and how I prove myself which is why I am fine with being accepted as a builder then making my way towards Terraformer. Nonetheless I will post pics which represent my building style, but not my best builds which have been deleted. They are reachable but involve downgrading and all that.

I just realized I only have one small/ unprofessional build screenshotted which will have to be used, PM if I need to find a way to get other pics for acceptance..

http://minus.com/mbf5FwVwj0ECpO

The terrain is sloppy and was rushed. The build itself is too detailed :-/ Fingers-Crossed

EDIT: Flagged as spam, had to cut application in half
05/03/2013 10:25 pm
Twister2013
- IG Name: Titty_Twister (Don't judge, I didn't name it)
- Position Applying For: 1. Terraformer 2. Builder (in order of preference)
- Previous experience (please give us a few sentences on your experience): I have had minecraft for around eight months. I spend most of my time on the building aspect of Minecraft. I have helped many users with smaller builds and terraforming. I was one of the three non-builder ranked players accepted to help build MCME's Osgiliath. I am currently a project leader of an approx. 2000 block long Erebor: The Lonely Mountain recreation.
- ​What tools are you familiar with. (world edit, voxel, etc.): I have spent oh' so much time learning WE's commands to use this tool to its full potential. I use WE to terraform currently, but most of my detailed terrain is definitely done by hand to get a look World Edit doesn't offer. I don't use Voxel as much as a terraformer should, so I have recently started getting ahold of Voxel commands.
- What servers have you built/terraformed/developed forums for.: This may be a bit repetitive, but I am trying to answer these questions to meet your expectations. I have helped MCME in building Osgiliath, which very few non artists are accepted to do and I currently participate in many of their themedbuilds. I currently am a Lead builder on a server dedicated to create many Middle Earth locations. (Lotr, The Hobbit)
- Have you ever held any admin roles. If so, to what extent and how large was the server player base.: I was once an Admin of a small survival server which never became successful. I am an Admin of the server I have mentioned above. Honestly, I don't have as much Administrative experience as other people. This doesn't mean I wouldn't be a good admin, but I am more associated with being Project Leader/ Designer.
05/02/2013 2:47 pm
Level 27 : Expert Lumberjack
Jurascuka5
- IG Name: Jurascuka
- Position Applying For: Builder
- Previous experience (please give us a few sentences on your experience): I we're op on about 6 servers right now i am 2th Owner on one popular server and i was mod on one popular server.
- ​What tools are you familiar with. (world edit, voxel, etc.): Mostly with world edit.
- What servers have you built/terraformed/developed forums for: I helped on build alot of servers.
- Have you ever held any admin roles. If so, to what extent and how large was the server player base:
- What servers you have played on? (We are open to non RP players who would like to try): I really like role play servers. I played on best minecraft server called a'therys ascended.
- Why do you want to be a part of Fractured Forge?: I love helping peoples build up servers. It is very interesting to be part of server staff communicty and help build it up. I like alot build medieval and steampunk style buildings.
- Finally, please include in your post (or a link to), a few pictures of your best work: Sorry all of best stuff i built was made on servers and i don't have pictures of it :/.
05/02/2013 2:35 pm
skummaboy
05/01/2013 6:34 pm
waffleroffle
th3ee3picmstr
th3ee3picmstr- IGN boyokids
please reply as soon as possible or i will start working on a differant project for differant people

With that display of patience, we regret to inform you that we have decided to pursue other candidates.

Please note, this is a mature server and we wish to keep it that way in order to facilitate a friendly, open community which is involved and active at promoting our server. Every application here is viewed, and discussed thoroughly by all staff in order for us to know if you will fit in with the team.

So please, be patient, we will get back to you if you are accepted, this should not take more than a week at most.

Thank you,
05/01/2013 11:43 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
th3ee3picmstr
- IGN boyokids
- Age 13
- Position Applying For webdeveloper
- Previous experience i am able to make websites using enjin and syncing it with the server if you add the plugin
- ​What tools are you familiar with. N/A not a builder
- What servers have you built/terraformed/developed forums for.i did it for some servers including predetorsGR
- Have you ever held any admin roles. If so, to what extent and how large was the server player base i have been head-admin on a server and co-owner on another the server had 30 out of 35 players normaly
- What servers you have played on? I play on all servers including bloxnation
- Why do you want to be a part of Fractured Forge?My server has shut down and i am currently haing nothing to do
- Finally, please include in your post (or a link to), a few pictures of your best work.
http://predatorsgr.enjin.com/ is a website i developed (However if i was accessible to more premium enjin stuff i would make a better one)
05/01/2013 12:09 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
th3ee3picmstr
please reply as soon as possible or i will start working on a differant project for differant people
05/01/2013 4:24 am
Level 45 : Master Architect
Builder2
the build by trdeathwing isn't his, btw, so don't accept him.

- IG Name 1carsrule
- Age 14
- Position Applying For Builder
- Previous experience You can check out my account. I am mainly a singleplayer builder though.
- ​What tools are you familiar with. (world edit, voxel, etc.) worldedit I'm quite familiar with
- What servers have you built/terraformed/developed forums for. Ones that don't exist anymore unfortunately
- Have you ever held any admin roles. If so, to what extent and how large was the server player base? I have been OP and moderator for several servers, with rather medium player bases. Never admin though.
- What servers you have played on? (We are open to non RP players who would like to try) I don't play on servers unless I'm staff. -Amalthea is one I am currently on.
- Why do you want to be a part of Fractured Forge? Looks good.

^^CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS^^
04/02/2013 11:00 pm
Level 22 : Expert Dragon
trdeathwing
IG Name
Trdeathwing
- Position Applying For
Terraformer
Previous experience
I have created dozens of spawns on my server, and I always start with creating the
landscape using Worldedit (I struggle with VoxelSniper). My terraforming skills are fairly great (I don't want to brag.)
​What tools are you familiar with
I am an expert on WorldEdit and 98% of its commands.
Servers I have terraformed before
Sadly, I have only terraformed on my server.
Have you ever held any admin roles. If so, to what extent and how large was the server player base.
Like I said above, I have a server, but I am a helper on a Tekkit server with has a decent amount of players (25/32)
Servers I have played on
I've played on Charrdians' Roleplaying Server and countless other RP servers.
Why I want to join Fractured Forge
I really, really wanted to be part of a group. I actually tried making one of my own groups, but it failed. Horribly. Hopefully, I hope joining a group that has the same aim as my failed one will be even more fun.
My Best Work that still Lives

These are my spawn pictures.

Thx for readin'!
-trdeath
04/02/2013 7:42 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
Leedgymemer
- IG Name zack2828
- Age 13
- Position Applying For terraformer or media admin
- Previous experience I have been a player on many different RP servers, staffed at least 3 (though they shut down) and got rather far into making my own RP server, i have also written lore for an RP server before
- ​What tools are you familiar with. i am most familiar with WorldEdit because i have never gotten to use other plugins, most servers dont use voxel and world painter, though im extremely confident that i can learn voxel and world painter quickly, i understand commands very well
- What servers have you built/terraformed/developed forums for. the servers i have worked for are no longer valid or i have stopped working with them
- Have you ever held any admin roles. If so, to what extent and how large was the server player base. yesi have held several admin postions on servers, most of them were extremely small servers but i have gathered lots of experience as an admin
- What servers you have played on? (We are open to non RP players who would like to try) i have played on almost all RP and faction servers, though i like a good RP server more than a faction server
- Why do you want to be a part of Fractured Forge? because i love RP and i love to do projects and work with other people
i have no pictures of any work i have done and if i did i would have no way to paste them
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome