Audio files

DERANGE's Avatar DERANGE9/16/19 9:46 pm
9/28/2019 3:05 pm
oakar258's Avatar oakar258
Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was a possible way to change the audio in the background of the game to a different sound, that specific sound being the song “Do you believe in Magic” because of a texture pack I’m working on. If anyone knows how to help me with this that would be much appreciated!
DERANGE
Level 25 : Expert Demolitionist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/17/2019 12:01 am
Level 39 : Artisan Sailor
tomatotownn
Its rlly common for resource pack makers to do so they made a full mcwiki for it

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Making_custom_game_music
09/18/2019 2:50 pm
DERANGE
Thanks for leading me to this, however I am confused. My confusion is with the section that tells you about editing the default game music, which is what im trying to do. If you could tell me how to do this that would help!
09/18/2019 6:36 pmhistory
Level 39 : Artisan Sailor
tomatotownn
You open the .JSON file in ".minecraft\assets\indexes" for the version you want with notepad or whatever text editor, then scroll until you find the sound you want to replace/edit.

keyboard_arrow_downScreenshot of what you should be looking for in the .JSON file

Copy the code that comes after the "hash" tag (will look like a random string of digits), then copy the string and then go back into ".minecraft\assets\objects" where you search in that folder for the string you copied.

keyboard_arrow_downScreenshot of what you should be searching for in ".minecraftassetsobjects"

You can then save that file to wherever and start editing it
(it is a weird file type so you might need to convert it, or use an audio editing software that has a wide range of compatibility, I was ale to open it with VLC media player.)

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Just saw you can convert the file really easily through Online Converter
09/19/2019 4:52 pm
DERANGE
I was able to get to .minecraft\assets\objects however I dont know how I would put the file into my texture pack successfully since I am not sure where to put the assets folder in my texture pack.
09/19/2019 5:40 pmhistory
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
You have to do the same file structure in your resource pack as in index file, so for example if you want to change rain1 sound, go to index search for rain - it's 'minecraft/sounds/ambient/weather/rain1.ogg' so in your resourcepack it will look like this:

<Resourcepack folder/archive>/assets/minecraft/sounds/ambient/weather/rain1.ogg

By the way - you can easily convert the file from objects folder by opening it in Notepad++ and save as <soundfile_name>.ogg
09/20/2019 2:58 pm
DERANGE
Thanks for this, it really helps out! One more question on this, what is the file of the main background music called?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome