GAH Why is this not working right?

skrack3d's Avatar skrack3d5/29/15 6:57 pm
1 emeralds 412 5
6/22/2015 2:36 pm
48productions's Avatar 48productions
So I'm using RPW( a texture pack creator) and whenever a texture has an empty space in it, such as dead bushes, the empty space turns white instead of blank! Also, my grass texture looks normal in the actual creator, but when I go into the actual game, the dirt itself is green, not the normal brown it should be. Please help me!

Oh and how do I post pictures without a URL?
skrack3d
Level 20 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/22/2015 2:36 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
48productions
[quote="_TechnoMiner_"]You can get paint.net over here: [url]www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html[/url[/quote]

I believe the URL is [url]www.getpaint.net/download.html[/url]

As for the grass texture turning green in game, Minecraft is essentially recoloring the grass texture to go with the biome you are in. (For example, grass looks brown in deserts but looks green when you go to a jungle).

There are a few more images that go along with the grass texture (grass_side_overlay.png, and grass_top.png) that seem to help give the recolor effect. I'm guessing that the reason why the dirt turns green is because the overlay image is recoloring the entire block, when it should only recolor the grass.

I would see if the resource pack creator lets you make the overlay image only recolor the grass and not the dirt.
06/22/2015 1:53 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Ninja
ItsmeRAPtor
For the problem with the empty spaces, I would advise using paint.net because programs such as MS Paint (the default paint you get on any normal microsoft computer) doesn't support see-through textures and replaces them with white. You can get paint.net over here: http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html Don't worry it is not a virus or anything like that and it only adds paint.net to your computer and not any other programs you don't want. I also had this problem and this is what got it working for me.
06/22/2015 2:14 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
This.
The white space is meant to be transparent, but your using something that doesn't support transparency.
06/22/2015 2:03 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
softmage114486
Maybe they aren't in .png format?
05/29/2015 7:32 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
skrack3dOh and how do I post pictures without a URL?

You can't. You need to upload the images somewhere else like Imgur and give the URL to the image you uploaded.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome