Informations request about PBR texturing in minecraft.help

TheRealStormy's Avatar TheRealStormy7/13/22 7:20 am history
7/14/2022 5:20 am
TheRealStormy's Avatar TheRealStormy
Hello everyone,

I want to know many things :

First, I saw PBR maps are packed in a single .png file wich end with "_s" ("anvil_s.png" for example) but I don't know what channel corresponding to what PBR information (AO, Metalness, Roughness, Specular), I think this file don't use the regular ORM (AO, Roughness, Metalness) like UE (Unreal Engine) but I'm not sure.

Second, I have no idea how implement SSS (Subsurface Scatering), AO (Ambient Occlusion) and POM (Parallax Occlusion Mapping) maps in my ressource pack, I looked inside many other PBR ressource packs but I didn't find any AO, POM or SSS map.

Thirdly, I would like to know what is "labPBR" and the majors differences between his versions (1.2 and 1.3).

To finish, I want to know what is the best performances method to make reliefs on textures between POM and simple 3D modeled reliefs.

(sorry for my terrible english, I do my best)

Thanks for your replies.
TheRealStormy
Level 1 : New Miner