Missing Fence Textures?

DesertDraggon's Avatar DesertDraggon10/10/19 1:05 am
1 emeralds 986 9
10/19/2019 2:40 pm
oakar258's Avatar oakar258
Hey, I've been trying to figure out how to fix this.

I've even tried peeking at coding for other texture packs, but couldn't get anything put together that fixed these missing texture errors.

This mod specifically is Biomes O' Plenty, but it seems to happen on other mods I've been making textures for as well (such as Aether).

I'm sure I sound pretty stupid, but I'd just like to stop stressing out about these not working properly.

Anyone have tips? Tricks? Answers? Anything?

Things I have tried but didn't seem to work:
  • Making 'color_top' textures for each of the objects.
  • Replacing the blockstate code with another renamed blockstate code that seemed to work for that mod/pack.
  • Placing the blockstate files into the texture pack files.
  • Crying in the shower.
DesertDraggon
Level 32 : Artisan Cowboy

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/17/2019 2:13 am
DesertDraggon
Thanks to help from oakar258, I was able to get some of the tops of the doors to work. Unfortunately the rest now appear as transparent. Not as big a deal as the terrible missing textures checker though, so whatever.

Still not able to fix the fences though... They adhere to a different set of rules I GUESS. -thonk getting scrunched gif-

10/17/2019 9:02 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
As I said, this problem doesn't make sense at all to me.

Have you tried to merge modded fence models with vanillia models and removing parent parameter?
Maybe you are missing something here.
10/19/2019 1:32 pm
DesertDraggon
I have. It's actually one of the first things I tried before posting this thread. The problem is that the modded fences have a whole different system. It just turns the whole thing into a missing texture if I try using code from vanilla. I have no idea how or why these fences are set up this way. It's probably just older code, but I don't know how to update it...

I'm probably gonna see if I can't find another mod/resource pack with code that seems to work and see if I can't mimic it.

Also this was my way of updating/boosting this thread to see if I can't get more insight from others too. See if anyone else could help us figure out what the heck is wrong here lol
10/19/2019 2:40 pm
oakar258
Oh, okay.

That's really weird situation here
10/10/2019 7:51 am
oakar258
Logs inside .minecraft/logs might tell you everything important about this missing textures
10/11/2019 2:55 am
DesertDraggon
Ok, this would help more if I knew what I was looking for. It's fairly streamlined (as a note document report can be) but I can't find anything to do with missing fence textures.

I appreciate the attempt though!
10/11/2019 5:30 am
oakar258
They will be more visible if you set log console to appear when game starts, in launcher go to settings (down-left corner) and check 'Open output log when game start'.

What you are searching here is all yellow sentences (warns). Let me know if there's anything secyfic.

Big plus of this console is that it updates dynamically
10/11/2019 1:07 pm
DesertDraggon
Alright, this is definitely easier to read, but I'm still not finding anything particular about the missing fence textures.

Most of my yellow text is at the top, where as anything actually called a 'warn' is yellow. I also searched keywords (biomes, fence, warn, texture, missing) and couldn't narrow down what I was looking for.

I am getting a lot of [10:37:25] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [com.sb205.missing_pieces.Blocks:preInitCommon:760]: in the debug. But I don't know how significant those are to what I'm trying to do.

Here's that yellow text I DID have-

10/11/2019 2:31 pm
oakar258
Looks that I have to make a closer look at this - could you PM me your Resourcepack and mod list?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome