Mob Editing

DatChrappah's Avatar DatChrappah7/11/14 8:03 pm
1 emeralds 430 9
7/12/2014 3:42 pm
DatChrappah's Avatar DatChrappah
Hey, I'm just some random MC player that wants to know if you know how to edit how mobs look like. More specifically the creeper's animation when it blows up, as in what it's face looks like when it's blowing up. If you don't know, would you mind searching a bit or replying that you don't know? (It keeps this post on top of the list so that more players can see it). Thanks

PS. I'll reply to this comment with a download for the 'updated' creeper sound/animation once I find out how to do it and a demo, if you want to take it out for a test run.
DatChrappah
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

DatChrappah
07/12/2014 3:42 pm
If there are no ways of editing the animation, is there a way to stop mobs from spawning or replacing them as they spawn (If I have to make a mod)?
DatChrappah
07/12/2014 3:37 pm
sigurd4
DatChrappahI think you can do it. The creeper might be changing to a different entity (Creeper/primed creeper, like TNT/primed TNT (those are different entities)) when it is 'lit'. I've been messing around a bit with ressource packs and I'll try searching for those two entities.
''cool idea btw'' Thanks!

No it doesnt. And there is no non-primed tnt entity, only the primed version, cause as you know: tnt is a block.

But hey, you can change the sound! Just make a resourcepack, put your sound in somewhere, then make the sounds configuration file and set the creeper fizz sound to the one you have instead of random.fizz.

Yeah, I didn't pay attention to that detail. For some reason, I was thinking they were creeper variants o.0

I already made a different sound, it just doesn't fit well without the animation. I can send you the .ogg file if you want.
48productions
07/12/2014 1:06 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DatChrappahI think you can do it. The creeper might be changing to a different entity (Creeper/primed creeper, like TNT/primed TNT (those are different entities)) when it is 'lit'. I've been messing around a bit with resource packs and I'll try searching for those two entities.

TNT is a block, not an entity. Primed TNT, however, is an entity. From what I have seen using /summon, it is all just a creeper entity. A normal creeper is a creeper entity, and a creeper that is about to explode is also a creeper entity.

Oh, and before anyone brings it up, a charged creeper (That one that got struck by lightning) is also a creeper entity, but with a certain NBT tag.
sigurd4
07/12/2014 2:57 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
DatChrappahI think you can do it. The creeper might be changing to a different entity (Creeper/primed creeper, like TNT/primed TNT (those are different entities)) when it is 'lit'. I've been messing around a bit with ressource packs and I'll try searching for those two entities.

No it doesnt. And there is no non-primed tnt entity, only the primed version, cause as you know: tnt is a block.

But hey, you can change the sound! Just make a resourcepack, put your sound in somewhere, then make the sounds configuration file and set the creeper fizz sound to the one you have instead of random.fizz.
DatChrappah
07/12/2014 2:43 am
48productions
HollyTheAwesome
DatChrappah as in what it's face looks like when it's blowing up.

I don't get what you mean by changing what the creeper's face looks like ಠ_ಠ

I think he means that he wants to change the creeper's face when it charges up it's explosion.

You can't make a custom animation that only plays at a certain time. Sorry, but you will have to find a mod that does that. Cool idea by the way.

I think you can do it. The creeper might be changing to a different entity (Creeper/primed creeper, like TNT/primed TNT (those are different entities)) when it is 'lit'. I've been messing around a bit with ressource packs and I'll try searching for those two entities.
DatChrappah
07/12/2014 2:35 am
HollyTheAwesomeYou can't change it ingame. If you want to change the blow up animation, either make a custom texture pack or find on someone already made with the animation you like.

I meant by that to remove the way it expands and flashes to make it say: What the fu...BOOM! I already have the sound, I just need a way to edit that animation.
48productions
07/11/2014 9:54 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
HollyTheAwesome

I think he means that he wants to change the creeper's face when it charges up it's explosion.

You can't make a custom animation that only plays at a certain time. Sorry, but you will have to find a mod that does that. Cool idea by the way.
13_moons
07/11/2014 8:54 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Archer
You can't change it ingame. If you want to change the blow up animation, either make a custom texture pack or find on someone already made with the animation you like.

alup132
07/11/2014 8:06 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior
You'd probably have to get a resource pack to change the animation for the creeper if possible. I'd be happy to use the creeper animation in a survival video or something with the download link in the description.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome