I need a 3D textured Viking Shield!

Dwarfsosi's Avatar Dwarfsosi8/13/15 1:35 am
1 emeralds 741 3
8/17/2015 5:17 pm
Dwarfsosi's Avatar Dwarfsosi
Hey there. I'm in the process of creating a Hardcore Role-play Vikings server. I've run servers in the past where I just re-texture an MC tool as a shield, but it's all sideways and the same on both sides. Boring. Now that I've upgraded to 1.8, I think it's time for some real shields.

If you know how to create 3D textures for resource packs, you've got the Job. I will supply the textures for the front and the back of the shield - you just have to put it together. I've been trying all day but I just can't seem to get the dimensions and textures right.

WHAT I NEED: I need the shield to be holdable as well a mountable - like on a wall. If it's not possible to do both in one, it can be two different blocks. I just like the idea to have an array of 3D shields lining the hulls of our Viking Ships. When it is held, it should look to be held like a real shield in third person viewing as well as in first person.

FRONT:
BACK:
Dwarfsosi
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Senpai