Resource Packs (Windows 10 Beta)

Jnaejnae's Avatar Jnaejnae12/6/16 5:11 am
1 emeralds 301 3
12/6/2016 6:21 am
Jnaejnae's Avatar Jnaejnae
In the windows 10 edition beta version of minecraft, some official resource packs are available to buy, and it seems that the folder they are contained in is highly protected. Seems like custom resource packs are not possible in this new edition. This is saddening, and I want to know if there is hope. Is there any work around? Is trying even worth it?
Jnaejnae
Level 38 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/06/2016 6:21 am
Level 38 : Artisan Architect
Jnaejnae
While I too hope custom resource packs are added to this edition. I sadly doubt this because there are buyable official resource packs in that edition, so they would undercut their own system if they added custom resource packs.
12/06/2016 6:18 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
At the moment there are some workarounds to get the folder permission to rewrite files in it, HOWEVER you have to put the images in exactly the same size and file format, no custom animations or 3d models or high resolution packs. This is basically a hsck if you want to run some other x16 textures.. nothing else sadly.

Hopefully they plan on changing this and adding texture pack support or some people will never switch to that version.
12/06/2016 6:08 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Grump
Vexilius
I doubt they'll simply abandon community made resource packs.
Nevertheless, try tweeting Jeb about it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome