Which texture should I use for Souls?

YokaiS's Avatar YokaiS6/28/21 12:51 am history
5 emeralds 241 6
7/2/2021 5:06 pm
Hrvojeos's Avatar Hrvojeos
I'm trying to add a soul mob in Minecraft with a datapack, but I'm struggling with how it should look like, and I've chosen 2 for you guys to decide which one's better. I'll be adding different shapes of the souls but rn I'm focusing on what style to use.

This one has a solid color and matches the ones in Minecraft Dungeons

This one doesn't match the ones in Minecraft Dungeons, but is more detailed and has the colors used in the soul particle in Minecraft

If you have any other ideas I would love to see them in the comments :)

btw if you wanna see the updates on datapacks I'm working on you should join my discord server: https://discord.gg/pQtN9g3QGu

Poll ended 07/01/2021 12:51 am.

YokaiS
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/02/2021 5:06 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Hrvojeos
I can't say for sure, but you have about 50 best textures for Minecraft in this article. Maybe some can help you out.
06/28/2021 5:23 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Puncher
_Blip_
Out of the two votable options, the second one, but I think soul sand souls would be the coolest!
06/28/2021 2:27 am
Level 45 : Master Pixel Painter
Jubean
Wow! Very cool. I've always wondered, how do you add whole new mobs (and further, blocks and items), using data packs. I haven't been bothered to look out but thought I'd ask since I'm here and checking out your post. Keep up the fantastic work!
06/28/2021 3:51 am
YokaiS
Thank youu :)) The process of making a mob depends on what you're trying to make. The soul I'm making is a snowball that displays the custom model, riding on an invisible mob. On other times I would make an armor stand or another entity to display the model get teleported to a specific mob, so that the model gets controlled by the mob. Some people would even make the AI on their own by using a bunch of complicated commands like /execute
06/28/2021 1:15 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
MJ_mcMaster
cool!!!
i tried making one. not too good tho
06/28/2021 1:19 amhistory
YokaiS
oo nice i like it

for the mob, though, i wanna keep it as like a round square shape or a parallelogram
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome